Celeb Look-Alike Donor Daddys

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Who's your daddy? A celebrity look-alike

CNN -- First came naming babies after movie stars. Then there were copycats of celebrity outfits, Academy Award dresses and even nose jobs. Now, the celebrity chase is getting genetic. A Los Angeles, California, sperm bank links to photos of celebrities who resemble existing donors in a Web feature called Donor Look-a-Likes. This attempts to give clients an idea of what the anonymous sperm donors look like.
Donor Look-a-Likes helps answer the would-be clients' most frequently asked question about their donors, which is who do they look like, said California Cryobank's communications manager, Scott Brown. "The goal was not to say you can have a baby that looks like Bob Saget," Brown said. "The goal was to say this donor happens to resemble this celebrity." The site offers a search function with donors who sperm bank staff believe resemble actors such as Aaron Eckhart, Jake Gyllenhaal, Errol Flynn and a "young" Russell Crowe (versus the current Russell Crowe, who is 45). Donor Look-a-Likes are not limited to thespians -- the sperm bank's vast Web search includes Tom Brokaw, Tiger Woods, Stephen Colbert, Lance Bass and Adam Carolla."Since we can't show the adult photos [of the donors], we just felt this was the next best thing we could do for people," Brown said.California Cryobank's employees spent months sifting through the existing donor list, subjectively matching them with celebrities. A sperm donor may have a chin, eyes or some physical similarity to stars and was given two to three celebrities he resembled. The sperm bank does not charge more for specimens from a celebrity look-alike, Brown said.
Silly me! :rolleyes: When I considered a sperm donor I was more concerned about him having a family history free of cancer, diabetes, high blood pressure, genetic defects, etc. I guess I just assumed my natural beauty would trump the donor daddy. :wink: :biggrin1: :cool: