Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Sorcerer said:
...."hear that one about Tina, some say she's just too loose..."
When that song came out ('Rumors' by Timex Social Club, btw), everyone was trying to figure out who they were talking about. I tried in vain to argue that they weren't referring to celebrities. The rest all agreed: 1) Tina Turner, 2) Michael Jackson but 3? Who the fuck was "Susan?" The best they could come up with was "Susan Anton." Susan Anton???? :rolleyes:

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Oh I love Tina! Funny, my mother and I were just talking about her earlier today. That's one concert that I would love to see before I die. She's just so awesome, how could you not like her?

R.049%20TINA%20TURNER%20%20WHITE%20DRESS.jpg

vinny_spiruccino

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
TexAssgirl said:
Oh I love Tina! Funny, my mother and I were just talking about her earlier today. That's one concert that I would love to see before I die. She's just so awesome, how could you not like her?

Yeah, she rocks... though I'll be the first to say that you really only get the true magnitude of that from seeing her live. One of the best rock n roll shows you'll EVER see. She just never stops, high energy from start to finish.

D_Elijah_MorganWood

Expert Member
Media
Matthew said:
When that song came out ('Rumors' by Timex Social Club, btw), everyone was trying to figure out who they were talking about. I tried in vain to argue that they weren't referring to celebrities. The rest all agreed: 1) Tina Turner, 2) Michael Jackson but 3? Who the fuck was "Susan?" The best they could come up with was "Susan Anton." Susan Anton???? :rolleyes:
ABSOLUTELY Susan Anton "in a camisole she's 6 feet tall, she'll knock you to your knees"

Ahh, she sure knew how to work the lens...

D_Elijah_MorganWood

Expert Member
Media
TexAssgirl said:
unfortunately I don't think I'll ever get that privilege unless she changes her mind and does another tour.
She'll still do shows, she just won't tour anymore. In the middle of a Las Vegas show whe told the audience she was 67 years old and tired and that was in 2000. She's been known to stretch the truth.

Just keep your ears open, she'll perform again.

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Sorcerer said:
ABSOLUTELY Susan Anton "in a camisole she's 6 feet tall, she'll knock you to your knees"

Ahh, she sure knew how to work the lens...
I should have known you would be in league with my friends who were propagating that story. I refused to believe it at the time mostly because I didn't really know who the fuck Susan Anton was. And I still don't. Who the fuck is she?

D_Elijah_MorganWood

Expert Member
Media
Matthew said:
I should have known you would be in league with my friends who were propagating that story. I refused to believe it at the time mostly because I didn't really know who the fuck Susan Anton was. And I still don't. Who the fuck is she?
She's the fuck...a 1970's/80's model and actress, one time squeeze of Dudley Moore, last seen on Baywatch. She's also stunningly beautiful.

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Sorcerer said:
She's the fuck...a 1970's/80's model and actress, one time squeeze of Dudley Moore, last seen on Baywatch. She's also stunningly beautiful.
That's what I get for skipping Baywatch. So ... I wonder if anyone on here is obsessed with her?

steve319

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I can just hear her purring that line. :smile: She's really something for sure.

Rock star obsession for me these days would have to be Nikka Costa. Fiery redhead with a big bluesy voice and a taste for funk. Who wouldn't love that?

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
steve319 said:
Rock star obsession for me these days would have to be Nikka Costa. Fiery redhead with a big bluesy voice and a taste for funk. Who wouldn't love that?

I am a HUGE Nikka Costa fan and I have introduced her music to all my friends. "Like a Feather" & "Everybody's Got Their Something" - two of the best tracks in the last few years. A hidden treasure.

I am so not surprised that you love her too, Steve. We were clearly separated at birth. :tongue:

steve319

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Matthew said:
I am a HUGE Nikka Costa fan and I have introduced her music to all my friends.

I have too! I've bought a good half-dozen copies of those albums just to share! :biggrin1: I came thiiissscllooose to getting to see her live in Charlotte last year, but it fell through. *sigh*

(Don't you just get chills over "Push & Pull" and "Hey Love"? Those and "Tug of War" are definitely worth checking out! And speaking of Tina Turner, on her second album Nikka does a pretty strong cover of Tina's "Funkier Than a Mosquita's Tweeter.")

Matthew said:
I am so not surprised that you love her too, Steve. We were clearly separated at birth. :tongue:

Proud to call you my long-lost psychic twin, Matthew. :smile:

D_Elijah_MorganWood

Expert Member
Media
steve319 said:
I have too! I've bought a good half-dozen copies of those albums just to share! :biggrin1: I came thiiissscllooose to getting to see her live in Charlotte last year, but it fell through. *sigh*

(Don't you just get chills over "Push & Pull" and "Hey Love"? Those and "Tug of War" are definitely worth checking out! And speaking of Tina Turner, on her second album Nikka does a pretty strong cover of Tina's "Funkier Than a Mosquita's Tweeter.")

Proud to call you my long-lost psychic twin, Matthew. :smile:
I don't know how I've not heard of her until now. She's quite good.

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Sorcerer said:
I don't know how I've not heard of her until now. She's quite good.
It's not just you - sadly, she's a well-kept secret. But I have heard her songs in commercials a couple times.