Celebrating 8 years on lpsg

pcghabsy

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Wow, I can barely believe it - I have been on LPSG for 8 years. Active on and off, but I've been around. Things have changed, other platforms like Reddit have popped up, but LPSG continues strong. Any more veterans from the good old days? How has LPSG changed?

Edit - Ah shit, I probably posted this in the wrong forum. My apologies, mods feel free to move. I guess age is catching up to me ;)

I haven't been on here quite as long as you, but I've been around for just shy of 7. I would say that the site has definitely changed, some good, some bad. Some things remain constant. Pretty typical for many things.

Cheers,

pcghabsy

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I haven't been on here quite as long as you, but I've been around for just shy of 7. I would say that the site has definitely changed, some good, some bad. Some things remain constant. Pretty typical for many things.

Cheers,
Indeed!

7 years - you're getting there. I have been quite irregular with my activity so I haven't observed the changes very well, though I'm sure there have been many. What are some of the bad changes, in your opinion?

The internet has changed so much these discussion boards seem so old fashioned... But somehow it's still a very effective way to hold a discussion.

Indeed!

7 years - you're getting there. I have been quite irregular with my activity so I haven't observed the changes very well, though I'm sure there have been many. What are some of the bad changes, in your opinion?

The internet has changed so much these discussion boards seem so old fashioned... But somehow it's still a very effective way to hold a discussion.

Honestly? I think the misogyny/bigotry has gotten worse on here than it used to be. I think that people being aggressive and/or insulting gets addressed less. That's only one individual's opinion though, and I've never been a moderator, so I don't know what all goes on behind the scenes. I also know the moderators are volunteers, so I don't want to just, well, essentially shit post/complain about things on here. I know people get busy and have real life stuff pop up. Not on LPSG but as a moderator some other places online I've stepped down from (volunteer) positions because I wasn't able to devote enough time to feel like I was helping much.

I think some really neat people have joined the site over the years, and I think some really neat people have left the site too. Ah well.

pcghabsy

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Honestly? I think the misogyny/bigotry has gotten worse on here than it used to be. I think that people being aggressive and/or insulting gets addressed less. That's only one individual's opinion though, and I've never been a moderator, so I don't know what all goes on behind the scenes. I also know the moderators are volunteers, so I don't want to just, well, essentially shit post/complain about things on here. I know people get busy and have real life stuff pop up. Not on LPSG but as a moderator some other places online I've stepped down from (volunteer) positions because I wasn't able to devote enough time to feel like I was helping much.

I think some really neat people have joined the site over the years, and I think some really neat people have left the site too. Ah well.
Well, that sucks. Maybe it's not as strictly moderated as before? I have definitely noticed that... Around 2010-11 the moderation was really solid. I'll try to be a bit more active as I do remember having some good conversation in the early years :)