celebrating Castro's illness?

jeremyA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Why do these crazy Cuban exiles think that they will get back into Cuba when castro dies? dancing in the street when he gets a cold is just madness. have a friend in miami who says that they are all drug trafficers and extreme right wing nutters who fled Cuba and are looked on as scum in miami

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
jeremyA said:
.... have a friend in miami who says that they are all drug trafficers and extreme right wing nutters who fled Cuba and are looked on as scum in miami

Then it must be true.:tongue:

In its defence, at least the Cuban government doesn't, by and large, earnestly pretend to be democratic, caring and accountable. It may be dictatorial, ruthless and uncontrolled but its openeness in not pretending to be otherwise is something I find oddly refreshing.:rolleyes:

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Well I dont know who they are but i dont think is right to put every Cuban refugee in the same basket of motivation to leave Cuba and when they left it and how...bcause to compare how this individuals feel about Castro illness and why they celebrate it and etc..plus to say they are all drug traficars is not right.

:rolleyes: For sure there were many different kinds of Cuban migration to the USA..the rich and famous, middle class, politic refugge, poor people, agriculture people and etc...some came from plane before the situation got bad and others by incredible 'boats' and died in the way here...and i do think most of them love their home country but not their government...maybe they want to see their original country again without Castro, I would too.:biggrin1:

coopturn

Expert Member
Media
Jeremy your frined is wrong about the Cuban exiles in South Florida and he is also a bigot. Most of them simply want to live in a place where they have the same personal liberities you have in the UK and that we have in the US. Livberties like freedom of speech, freedom to dissent from the government, freedom to worship, freedom to travel, and on and on. Castro is a genocidal despot and I shall be glad when he and his fat ass are rotting in Hell.

Andresito

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
They're celebrating cuz they don't like Castro and he's ill right now, so it's a good reason to celebrate I guess.

In ten days it's his birthday, so probably the world will see him again or we're gonna start to think of a Cuba without Fidel.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
jeremyA said:
Why do these crazy Cuban exiles think that they will get back into Cuba when castro dies? dancing in the street when he gets a cold is just madness. have a friend in miami who says that they are all drug trafficers and extreme right wing nutters who fled Cuba and are looked on as scum in miami

according to pillow-biting liberals on this board.. it's all a conspiracy put on by Bushco and Hallibruton... as part of a big media campaing, to go after Cuban oil reserves in the Gulf of Mexico.

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
If not for Castro I might be Cuban. My Grandfather owned a sugar cane plantation there. He luckily escaped the revolution but all he got out was the shirt on his back.

Expando1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Following the end of Castro's reign I think the US should exert it's trade and economic influence and transform Cuba into a paradise Carribean holiday destination...a la the Hawaii of the atlantic.

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Expando1 said:
Following the end of Castro's reign I think the US should exert it's trade and economic influence and transform Cuba into a paradise Carribean holiday destination...a la the Hawaii of the atlantic.

OMG...No No No way!!!

Give the Cubans a brake and hope they going to have their saying and their own choices of how they would want their country to be !!!

I do think that Brasilians have a very special connection with the Cubans from the Island we share a the African influence very strong in our cultural tissues that run in the arts and music and rytmics even though the diference between our colonizer were Portuguese and Spanish and it makes diferent and particular our songs and dances..still in the American Continent we feel (at least i do think 'we" feel) very close to each other and the "other Caribean who have very strong Afro influence even though they to have diferent white influence as French and English mixing with Afro that give the different nuances in their rytmics..The African influence for me is the one who makes us feel we have in common soo much when the music play and we dance and are sooo happy having fun...the food we preper to share when together: rice and beens and other things too...plus we have our commerce and cientific exchanges going on..

Cuba belong to the Cubans and we as friend must help them protect their rights to want to be free of all kinds of vampires, from inside and out.

:hug: :beerchug: :grouphug:

' Maria, Maria e um dom, uma certa magia
Uma forca que nos alerta
Uma mulher que merece viver e amar
Como outra qualquer do planeta
Maria, Maria, e o som, e a cor, e o suor
E a dose mais forte e lenta
De uma gente que ri quando deve chorar
E nao vive apenas aguenta
Mas e preciso ter forca, e preciso ter raca
E preciso ter gana sempre
Quem traz no corpo a marca
Maria, Maria mistura a dor e alegria
Mas e preciso ter manha, e preciso ter graca
E preciso ter sonho sempre
Quem traz na pele esta marca
Possui a estranha mania de ter fe na vida...

la eh la eh lala eh laeh lalah eh...'

Milton Nascimento...:cool: :smile:

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Expando — why should citizens of the USA think Cuba is another Puerto Rico? Hands off sovereign nations. If Cubans want investment that is their call. Your comment seems pretty patronizing to me.

D_Humper E Bogart

Experimental Member
Media
Not after you're through with Cuba's athletes, education and health service they aint. Only thing that wont be skanky will be the prostitutes.

Makes me want to Cuba after "the revolution" come to think of it.

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
ORCABOMBER said:
Not after you're through with Cuba's athletes, education and health service they aint. Only thing that wont be skanky will be the prostitutes.

Makes me want to Cuba after "the revolution" come to think of it.
That sums up the failure of the revolution —
one of the most highly educated populaces, health care for all, yet doctors can't earn a living wage, and women with multiple university degrees wind up prostituting themselves to scummy tourists (btw I don't mean you.)

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
rawbone8 said:
Expando — why should citizens of the USA think Cuba is another Puerto Rico? Hands off sovereign nations. If Cubans want investment that is their call. Your comment seems pretty patronizing to me.

I think it goes so far beyond patronising I can't believe it was anything other than tongue in cheek.

Gisella said:
...Cuba belong to the Cubans and we as friend must help them protect their rights to want to be free of all kinds of vampires, from inside and out....

I agree.

It was source of ironic amusement to me during the three months I spent there about 5 years ago, that Cubans, by and large are able to look beyond the perverse, infantile US Government policy toward Cuba and retain a fondness for the American people, well at least most of the ones I met did. Of course they could have been lying but I doubt that, it's not in their nature.

The difference in culture between the East and West of the island is very marked, Santiago de Cuba has a distinctly afro-caribbean feel to it compared to Havana. It's such a shame that most visitors seldom see much beyond the beaches of Varadero and the tourist traps in Havana, Santa Clara and Trinidad.

Personally I think the US should stay as far away from Cuba as it's able to, sadly I doubt that will be very far. It's a unique treasure but I believe it's not for anyone but the Cuban people to determine their future. But before it does change, as it will, I have to ask; where else in the world can one while drunk hitch a ride in a stretch lada full of strangers at 4am and still feel completely safe.:wink:

Expando1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
ORCABOMBER said:
Easy, when Castro's dead, a few key assasinations, cue a civil revolt and we have another Mexico.

WIN!

I agree. And the US will orchestrate it a la Bay of Pigs invasion...this time more successfully. As anyone from central or south america will attest the US's meddling in 3rd world sovereign nation's affairs is pervasive and patronizing...from economic strangulation/embargos to funding rebel factions/assassins with arms and financial means. All in attempts to seat an administration which will be favorable to American interests. And as we've seen from the last 60 years of such intrusion and patronism, we often replace a "bad" goverment with a worse tyrant one.

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
dong20 said:
I agree.

It was source of ironic amusement to me during the three months I spent there about 5 years ago, that Cubans, by and large are able to look beyond the perverse, infantile US Government policy toward Cuba and retain a fondness for the American people, well at least most of the ones I met did. Of course they could have been lying but I doubt that, it's not in their nature.

The difference in culture between the East and West of the island is very marked, Santiago de Cuba has a distinctly afro-caribbean feel to it compared to Havana. It's such a shame that most visitors seldom see much beyond the beaches of Varadero and the tourist traps in Havana, Santa Clara and Trinidad.

Personally I think the US should stay as far away from Cuba as it's able to, sadly I doubt that will be very far. It's a unique treasure but I believe it's not for anyone but the Cuban people to determine their future. But before it does change, as it will, I have to ask; where else in the world can one while drunk hitch a ride in a stretch lada full of strangers at 4am and still feel completely safe.:wink:

:smile: Yes...Cuba Amiga, Amigos de Cuba..singing the Cancao da America= Son from America, from the heart of Americas, the great continent that carry in them many colors and flags and tongues and dialets...we are Amigos that sing from a voice from the heart that want to meet the Amigos again, we suffer many common struggles and we feel for each other some of us stayed others gone but we are part of America Amiga.

:kiss: :flowers1: Kisses and hugs to Amigos of America Latina.

And a song for you:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfYbMjbadKY&mode=related&search=Milton Nascimento