Celebrity Big Brother .... It Begins Again !

danmilan

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
If you all think Celebrity Big Brother is bad, what do you make of "Just the Two of Us"??? Another Jackson 5 member is on the panel of judges (Tito) -Is it some kind of joke that's lost on me that they kept giving high votes to Jim (off EastEnders) when he barely sang a note in tune? Well, Brendon is a cocky little schmuck - he's done reality too - remember Love Island last summer....?
I only saw the first (into-the-house) episode of Big Brother. What a weird set they seemed.

danmilan

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'd like to see him replaced by Dawn French, personally, but that will clearly never happen, as her career isn't at a sufficiently low ebb. :rolleyes:

Here's hoping the highly-talented Dawn never needs to stoop so low.
But here's a thought: There should be an edition of Big Brother in which the Little Britain duo's various characters are all in there. Imagine Lou & wheelchair-bound Andy, Daffyd, Vicky Pollard, Fatfighters Marjorie, Bubbles De Vere, the PM secretary, the vomiting WI lady... I'm sure it could be done with hi-tech TV effects....

Rubenesque

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I haven't really been watching 'The Two of Us' or 'Soapstar Superstar'. I've seen the odd bit.... I have to admit I love Jim from Enders, but he can't sing for toffee! lol

Nelly Gay

Experimental Member
Media
If you all think Celebrity Big Brother is bad, what do you make of "Just the Two of Us"??? Another Jackson 5 member is on the panel of judges (Tito) -Is it some kind of joke that's lost on me that they kept giving high votes to Jim (off EastEnders) when he barely sang a note in tune? Well, Brendon is a cocky little schmuck - he's done reality too - remember Love Island last summer....?
I only saw the first (into-the-house) episode of Big Brother. What a weird set they seemed.

The good news is, that Brendan Cole (and Beverley Knight) lost to Marti Pellow and Hannah Waterman despite being by far the best singers. Brendan Cole is so egotistical and charmless .
Hannah Waterman and Marti Pellow took it as the joke it was and laughed out loud ... to victory !
I felt sorry for Beverley Knight as she is a great singer !
Martine McCutheon was a judge having failed as a singer, television actress, film actress, ad nauseum which did not please the contestants ...

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
If anyone's in the mood for something supremely tasteless... Jack cums on Jade in bed and then rolls over to fall asleep, leaving her covered in sperm. :rolleyes:

---> YouTube - Jack 'Rubs One Out'

Personally, I'd castrate him at that point... :saevil:

I can't promise how long the video will stay up on YouTube. :rolleyes:

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
OK folks, what are we making the racism scandal that's hit Celeb BB?

Jade's attitude is abominable and incontrovertibly racist - tonight she added the epithet "Shilpa Poppadum" to her list of insults aimed at the Bollywood actress. However, I would stress the word 'attitude' there, insofar as Jade's problem is her ultra-chav upbringing by unaware, uneducated family members. I doubt she would even realise that she is being racist, it's a mindset of how she perceives others which has doubtless been instilled in her since her earliest childhood years.

Danielle at least clearly knew she was totally out-of-order when Big Brother confronted her about having said that Shilpa should 'go back home'. Jo has simply joined in as well, while Cleo has disappointed somewhat by failing to counter what was said, simply looking on.

What has this turn of events revealed above all imho? First, that institutionalised racism is still widespread in some circles, even among a generation that has grown up in a multi-cultural society ... and that such racist sentiments rise to the surface all too easily. And second, that ill-educated celebs should never be considered good rôle-models simply because they are in the public eye; even though thousands do treat them as rôle-models, sadly.

===

Jade was briefly removed from the house this evening, it seems. The story behind this remains utterly murky at the moment, as BB/Endemol seeks to play down (or should I say - cover up?) any claims of racism. :rolleyes: Carphone Warehouse has, however, suspended (although not necessarily cancelled outright) its sponsorship of the show, various of Jade's products (perfume, books) have apparently halted future production, Danielle's promotional contract for Barrett's has been cancelled... showing that companies, at least, know what side their bread is buttered on and that they need to distance themselves from the ill-educated racist minority.

It's getting CBB5 a lot of coverage, for sure, but it's hard to imagine how things could have turned out looking any worse right now:

---> YouTube - CBB5: Sky News Report - 17th Jan 2007

---> YouTube - CBB5: BBC World News Report - 17th Jan 2007

---> YouTube - CBB5: Channel 4 News - 17th Jan 2007

---> YouTube - CBB5: Sky News Report - 18th Jan 2007 - Part 1

---> YouTube - CBB5: Sky News Report - 18th Jan 2007 - Part 2