Cell Phone Cameras in Locker Rooms

B_hollatyurboy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Same thing happened to me at NYSC, except the guy was sitting down right next to me with his Blackberry really close to his face level, which seemed a little suspicious. When I took my towel off, the guy faced me quickly then turned away. I didn't see a flash (I didn't really think that cell phone cameras had flashes like the first poster described) but I'm pretty sure he snapped a pic of my cock. I don't think, because of the angle, that he could have caught my face too, so I wasn't too worried about unwanted online celebrity, haha, but I was still frustrated.

D

deleted213967

Same thing happened to me at NYSC, except the guy was sitting down right next to me with his Blackberry really close to his face level, which seemed a little suspicious. When I took my towel off, the guy faced me quickly then turned away. I didn't see a flash (I didn't really think that cell phone cameras had flashes like the first poster described) but I'm pretty sure he snapped a pic of my cock. I don't think, because of the angle, that he could have caught my face too, so I wasn't too worried about unwanted online celebrity, haha, but I was still frustrated.

FYI the funny (and perfunctory) "Click" sound can be disabled on most camera cell phones these days.

PacknThick

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
FYI the funny (and perfunctory) "Click" sound can be disabled on most camera cell phones these days.

Not really, new law...all new phones MUST have the click sound. im sure there are ways to mute in(its 2008) but til then, gotta bare with the click or the quack. My old T-mobile phone used to have the option to mute the sound, but my BB doesnt. dont care really

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The good thing is that the picture quality is prob. crap...taken so quick... and know one will know it is you. That sucks though. I would have said something and would really watch his actions if I saw him do this activity again to anyone...I would want to be clear before nailing the bastard with the manager. Fantasy is one thing, but the guy is a freaking perv and needs to be brought down.

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Newspaper here carried story yesterday similar to this, but more disturbing:

Trial date has been reset for DG Hill, a 33 year old man who surreptitiously took a picture of a 15 year old buy urinating in a high school bathroom. The Sequoia High School student caught the suspect in a headlock and took him to a teacher. Hill was at the high school for a job fair. SFExaminer.com

piratebulldog

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
The last post was disturbing because of the age of the young guy. Regardless of the age of the person involved, I do think that even in public places such as bathrooms and lockerrooms, we have a right to privacy.
It is a mutual consent between those that are using the facility to provide one another with basic privacy. The use of cellphones in bathrooms and lockerrooms are just not appropriate.

If someone glances over at me while changing, I am not going to be upset. That does not disturb me in the least. Taking pictures of me while changing or using the urinal...yeah, that crosses the line.

Banning phones in those circumstances is very reasonable.

D

deleted213967

Banning phones in those circumstances is very reasonable.

To me the risk increases dramatically when the voyeur is not merely a voyeur, but an ill-intentioned one.

Should he capture both your face and naked body and posts it on a public site and out of context, the shot might be misinterpreted by prospective employers, business contacts, or even friends and family members: you could get in trouble although you did nothing wrong.

SpeedoMike

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Newspaper here carried story yesterday similar to this, but more disturbing:

Trial date has been reset for DG Hill, a 33 year old man who surreptitiously took a picture of a 15 year old buy urinating in a high school bathroom. The Sequoia High School student caught the suspect in a headlock and took him to a teacher. Hill was at the high school for a job fair. SFExaminer.com
Dude is in court as we post...

Mattness

Expert Member
Media
Kirkland, WA (Outside of Seattle, Washington)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Yeah, unfortunately there's a lot of us who are turned on by secret lockerroom pics, so there's a market for his naughtiness. But, that doesn't justify what he did and how upset you are. I don't understand why he used a flash so as to "out" himself...that was dumb. If he didn't use a flash, you wouldn't have been hurt.

But, if you can recognize him I say confront him in a calm way and scare him. Say to him, "So, the other week, I could have sworn that when I was getting dressed/undressed that you took a flash picture of me with your cell phone camera! If you did do that, I would appreciate you not doing it again since you made me feel uncomfortable...thanks!".

If someone walked up to you after you did this, wouldn't you crap your pants? I would!

Fire Stick

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Excellent suggestion, Mattness. If I do see him again -- and I have not yet -- I may just do that.

I don't feel hurt or upset, though. I can't even say I feel all that violated, although perhaps I should. Maybe, at heart, I am just a little too comfortable with nudity to be serioulsy wigged out. I was mainly astonished by his audacity and put off by his rudeness.

Thanks to everybody for their replies.

ledroit

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

While I was at the gym in the locker room, naked as a jaybird, someone took a picture of me with the camera on his cell phone. It happened very quickly, but I heard a faint click and saw a small flash from the corner of my eye.

I've never seen a flash from a cell phone camera.

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
My BlackBerry Pearl most definitely has a built-in flash. You even choose the flash settings from the camera menu. I have it set to auto and it activates about 10% of the time, as needed.

WellHung83

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It would be interesting to find out just how many of us have been snapped without knowing it while we are towelling off or even showering after the gym because after reading these posts here it happens a bit more than I thought it did. It would be lol worthy though to see someone try to snap you discreetly using an Iphone though - those things are like bricks.

chadstallion

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
never was lucky enough to round the corner and enter the shower to a sight like this. mainly because I belong to a 'executive health club' and not a 'gym' {Big difference in the type of member/equipment/age between these two operations}

Attachments

Reactions: Mr.BigMic and Gj816

Mattness

Expert Member
Media
Kirkland, WA (Outside of Seattle, Washington)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
never was lucky enough to round the corner and enter the shower to a sight like this. mainly because I belong to a 'executive health club' and not a 'gym' {Big difference in the type of member/equipment/age between these two operations}

OMG Chad, that's a fucking hot pic! That guy's huge!

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Shouldn't locker rooms be like resturants where cell phones or cell phone cams. be strongly dicouraged? It just seems inappropriate. I either don't have my cell phone with cam in the locker room or it is turned off. It just seems like proper etiquette. Don't you think? How uncooth to take pics of naked guys in the sanctity of a locker room without their expressed desire to do so.

Shouldn't locker rooms be like resturants where cell phones or cell phone cams. be strongly dicouraged? It just seems inappropriate. I either don't have my cell phone with cam in the locker room or it is turned off. It just seems like proper etiquette. Don't you think? How uncooth to take pics of naked guys in the sanctity of a locker room without their expressed desire to do so.

I agree with you goodwood. Today after my workout I had to call my mechanic to find out if there were any other problems with my car. I needed to call before I showered, so I exited the men's locker room with my cell phone and made the call in the gym lounge. My phone does have a camera (I didn't want it, but it came standard) and I didn't want anyone to think I was snapping pics with it. It's just a matter of respect for others. I'm not shy being nude in the locker room, but I do draw the line at someone taking pictures of me in the nude. I don't care how many guys see me naked, but snapping a pic as a keepsake is downright creepy, inconsiderate, and rude.

jhm

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
pretty sure a woman snapped a cell phone shot of me in central park several months ago. I had a large and very obvious bulge at the time