Cell Phone DO Not Call List

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by goodwood, Oct 15, 2009.

1. goodwood

Gold Member

Albums:
    Hey everyone -
    I just had an e-mail from a friend about getting your cell phone registered on the "DO NOT CALL" list. I had no idea that cell phone numbers were going to be made public information. I called and registered my cell phone.
    Anyway, I hope this helps.
    REMEMBER: Cell Phone Numbers Go Public next month.

REMINDER.... all cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sales calls.

........ YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS
    Even if the message is saved on your phone, you will be charged for the minutes to listen to it.

To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone: 888-382-1222 .
    It is the National DO NOT CALL list. It will only take a minute of your time. It blocks your number for five (5) years. You must call from the cell phone number you want to have blocked. You cannot call from a different phone number.

HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS. It takes about 20 seconds.

2. thadjock

Gold Member

Albums:
    i think my cell # has pretty much been public for a while since i use it for every contact info i have to provide, auto ins., bank, employer, consumer warranty info, health care, credit cards etc. it's my primary phone so I think my # gets shared and passed around to everybody. I've gotten random promotional calls for a while.

I deal with it same as i used to on my home fone when i had one. caller ID and I don't feel compelled to answer if it's blocked or unknown. they eventually give up when all they get is vm.

3. grower_60

grower_60 New Member

Thanks, I just received a sales call on my cell about an hour ago. I completed my do not call using the number in your post. Thanks.

4. VeeP

Gold Member

Albums:
    That e-mail has been circulating for years. But, yes you can register your cell at donotcall.gov. Mine has been on there since '03

5. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    Thanks, I had forgot to do this. You rule!

6. cdarro

cdarro New Member

This is only in the US right, not in Canada? I already get a ridiculous amount of wrong number calls and texts, sure don't need any damned telemarketers.

7. DaveyR

DaveyR Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Just out of interest do cell phones in the US have to be registered against a person.

Here in Spain all cell phones have to be registered with proof of ID by November 9th or they will be disabled. I just did mine recently. I took my phone and passport to the cell phone shop. They copied my passport and sent a code to the phone via text. I had to show the text to the shop assistant who then registered my phone.

As for marketing calls! Those are the occasions when I speak no Spanish at all and they soon hang up. :wink:

Draft saved Draft deleted