Cell Phone / Mobile Usage?

rexcasual

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
How many minutes do you use in a typical month?

How much do you pay? Contract? Prepaid cards?

I am new to it, as I rely mainly on our land line. I am at home most of the time. In Canada we don't have much choice (lack of competition) and the three main companies are expensive and offer a range of contracts with myriad services and fine print clauses that allow for a lot of hidden charges. As an example, roaming can be a shocking expense. It becomes difficult for me to compare services as a result. Confusion seems to be a key marketing weapon.

CBC article1

World map comparing costs

I see that Australia, the US and most of Europe seem to have cheaper cell phone rates than here. Korea has possibly the greatest adoption rate with heavy G3 phone usage.

Which provider do you use? Are you happy with your service and costs?

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In the UK - Typically 300 - 500 minutes (perhaps 30% - 50% are international) and about 200 - 300 messages (again 30% - 50% international) - though I send many of these online. 2gb of data.

Outside UK - about the same but I use a local card and try to avoid using my roaming sim because of the stupid outrageous ripoff charges but if they insist then I try to get people to SMS me instead!!

My cellphone is one of the few bits of 'modern' technology I consider almost indespensible.