Cell Phone Problems :(

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Principessa, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Principessa

Gold Member

Here's the deal, I have a magenta Motorola RAZR V3. It's been acting hinky for about 2 weeks, and not holding a charge for very long. So, of course I bought a new charger. :rolleyes: This worked great for maybe 2 days. Then I noticed that even if I let it charge overnight (8 hrs.) it would only go to 2 bars, not a fully charged 3 bars. So today I broke down, and bought a battery at Radio Shack. I took out the old battery, pop in the new one, and voila! I have 3 battery bars and a good 6 hours of service before it dies during a call to TruckerTexman. :frown1: So I hook it up to the new charger and it charges. After maybe 2 hours I check it...nothing just the red, low battery icon. :mad: It has now been charging for 5 hours and now it won't even turn on. It's just dead, when I flip it open. :irked: What do I do now? Did I buy a faulty battery? :confused:

2. crossy

Gold Member

You have a bad phone get it swapped out. Get your money back on the charger

3. D_Ivana Dickenside

D_Ivana Dickenside New Member

if you keep charging your phone and not letting it rest, (most of the time) the phone will just shut down on its own. usually the battery isn't the problem. the problem is leaving your phone on 24/7 and never turning it off. give it a try and turn it off just for one night before you go to bed. then turn it on the next day and it should work ok again. if you do turn your phone off and it still keeps giving you trouble after all the batteries you've gone through, it's probably time for a phone upgrade.

4. HellsKitchenmanNYC

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have that phone and haven't had that bad charge problem. Take it back and exchange it.

5. D_Doewell Dadong

D_Doewell Dadong New Member

There maybe a bad connection somewhere on the circuit board. Which means it using more power than it would normally.
    Basically even though you have hung up the phone, and the call is disconnected the phone still uses the same amount of power.
    Give the turning it off over night thing a try, it might well work (i'd even take the battery out over night too).

The razor wasn't motorolas best work.

6. prepstudinsc

Gold Member

I had a RAZR for a while and I too had battery issues with it. It wouldn't hold a charge at all and it also got to the point that it wouldn't charge. I changed to a Crackberry and have had one for about 2 years now. The only problem I've had with the blackberry was with the trackball, got the phone replaced and it's been good.

I think that the RAZR just has innate battery issues, because I've heard of a lot of people with the same problem. My mom has one and she's been lucky so far, but I keep telling her that she's going to start having problems before too long.

7. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I think Motorola's in general can be problematic. I had one for a few months. I'm a Samsung guy now and have had no issues with it.

8. Incocknito

Gold Member

That's not a problem. What is a problem is:

You buy two expensive phones within one year. On one, the screen is bright white so you can't see anything.

On the other, the screen is black / does not light up. When/if it does then the screen is all fucked up and funky colours.

My theory is that its to do with the sliding mechanism of the phones. I think that the sliding mechanism has caused the sliding part to come away from the phone slightly and it isn't connecting with the board properly.

For comparison, I have a five year old phone which isn't sliding and it has never given me any problems. Of course that phone is so old that it doesn't accept picture messages so I need a new phone.

But I've decided to try and fix the old phones. I've bought a T6 screwdriver and either I'll break them beyond repair or I'll fix them!

If you have tried a new battery then the problem is the phone.

9. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yes, Samsungs are good. I've been using them for 5 years and I like them. The menu stucture is nice and they are solid.

NJ, was the charger you bought a Motorola or an after market brand? I burned a Siemens phone battery with an aftermarket charger.

10. D_Portelay Porquesword

11. Principessa

Gold Member

That's putting it mildly! For all the hype it received when it first came out it is as structurally sound as the Ford Pinto.:mad:

If I could find my old Samsung T509 I would switch out my sim card and use that. Funny, I was never crazy about the menu structure and thats why I got the RAZR V3.:tongue:

NJ, was the charger you bought a Motorola or an after market brand? I burned a Siemens phone battery with an aftermarket charger.[/QUOTE] I have both, this is an ongoing issue.:mad: Since moving here in June 2007 I have either paid for or had the company replace 4 or 5 of these stupid things. :irked:

I know it's time to buy a new phone; but I'm in the middle of my T-Mobile contract. :irked: I was thinking of switching to Verizon; but I text a lot and T-Mobile has the best texting plan.

I'm from Jersey and I would rather do business with real mafioso then a cell phone company. :angryfire2: These bastards are just doing dirty business.

12. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
    iphone...

13. crossy

Gold Member

Nokia Tmobile mp3 player works great!

14. D_Ivana Dickenside

D_Ivana Dickenside New Member

i couldn't agree more! while i did love my motorola phone, it broke down after only having it for a year and i replaced it with the same model. then another year went by and i had the same issue again. it finally just died after that and i got a new phone, the a samsung alias (verizon). i've had it for over two years now and it's absolutely wonderful. i've dropped it so many times (where the battery will even come flying out) and it still works fine.

15. Principessa

Gold Member

I finally broke down and called T-Mobile this afternoon. They will send me a new RAZR by Monday.:rolleyes: I'm thinking about getting the new Blackberry Curve though. It has a track pad rather than a trackball.

16. Principessa

Gold Member

The replacement RAZR V3 arrived Tuesday afternoon...without a battery. That's right, T-Mobile sent me what was either a new or refurbished cell phone with no F'g battery. I'd already replaced the battery in the old phone, I put the new battery into the new phone and it was dead as a doornail. :mad:

So today I went to the mall and got a new, damn phone. I wanted a QWERTY keyboard cause I text a lot. :biggrin1: As much as I like the Blackberry I didn't want my monthly fee to be jacked up another $34.99, so I settled on the Samsung Gravity in white with aqua trim.

I'm still setting it up and assigning ringtones. But it seems okay.

17. Principessa

Gold Member

I have a gripe with the Samsung Gravity and I don't know if it's all Samsung phones or just this one.:redface::question: I used to be able to send a text message to an e-mail and on this phone I can't do that. :irked: Now I have to exit the text area, open AOL, and then type the mesage again. That's the other thing there is no cut/copy and paste function. Kinda annoying but I guess I will get used to it.

18. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

Sounds like you need a new battery--my RAZR2 had similar issues after a while. You can get them online relatively inexpensively.

Cell Phone Battery | Cell Phone Batteries | Cellular Battery | Cellular Batteries | batteries4less.com
    Cell Phones, Cell Phone Accessories, FREE SHIPPING, Batteries,Cell Phone Shop, Cell Phone Chargers,Cases,Cell Phone Faceplates,Covers,Cell Phone Ringtones

Draft saved Draft deleted