Cellulitis

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
I have it, and it has made me sicker than I could imagine. Wound up at the ER with a temperature of 104.9 Sunday. After four hours and two litres of IV fluids, my temperature was near normal. Their diagnosis was "Upper Respiratory Infection". Came home, ate a little something, and went to bed. Woke up yesterday morning and temp was back up to 104. I worked on the fever and got it down, only to have it spike again. Went to my primary doctor's office, and lay down on the exam table wearing shorts to wait for him. He came in and we discussed the ER visit. He asked me, "Did they say anything about the cellulitis in your leg?" At that moment I looked down and saw that my leg was as red as a stoplight. At this point I was still feeling like hammered horseshit and hurting all over, but I did find that my right leg hurt more than the rest of me. He wrote me a scrip for some augmentin and told me I'd probably feel a lot better in 24 hours. I do, and am predicting that the trend will continue. We'll see how I look in the morning.

This thing scared the hell out of me. At age 54, a fever of 105 could do me some serious damage or even kill me if allowed to go on unchecked. Anybody else here had this condition? I am trying to figure out where I contracted it.

jjkrkwood and his posse may have come close to getting their wish, but not just yet my friends.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Wow, I'm so sorry to hear what happened to you! That's really scary!

A lukewarm bath is also really good for keeping your temperature down, so is drinking a lot of ice water and using cold wet towels on your head, neck, and chest (and anywhere else if you're temperature is really high). Keep that temperature down!

I've never heard of cellulitis before, so I can't help you there!

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hey I'm sorry to hear about that there, Hick. Hope it passes. But hey, better thing you don't wear that kilt if the lower part of your gam is ginormous- Some people might mistake it for a piece of mutton or hamhock.

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Gosh, I'm sorry to hear. I hope you're feeling better by now.

Oh and incidentally garlic brings a fever down. Just blend some garlic cloves in the blender, add a few drops of olive oil and apply as a paste to hands and feet. Wrap some gauze around, put on socks and keep on until fever comes down.

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
Gosh, I'm sorry to hear. I hope you're feeling better by now.

Oh and incidentally garlic brings a fever down. Just blend some garlic cloves in the blender, add a few drops of olive oil and apply as a paste to hands and feet. Wrap some gauze around, put on socks and keep on until fever comes down.
I've heard that. Unfortunately, I have meetings tomorrow and Friday and some may find the smell offputting. But if it's still bugging me this weekend I'm going to do it.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Infections like that are no joke. Glad your normal doc caught it for you. They probably never had your trousers off at the ER. Strange that you felt no horrid pain despite the red swelling. The new virulent staph germs can strike like that.

My ex got a similar problem in his knee as a teen from which he nearly died. Thought it was only bruised and until his fever spiked and he was in hospital the cause not discovered. He was in wheelchair for months.

I have a tendency to want to ignore what goes on below the waist too, which my beloveds try to cure me of. Ask Ms Manly to look over your limbs for you more often!

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
jjkrkwood and his posse may have come close to getting their wish, but not just yet my friends.

Oh my dear Hicky. As much as I loathe you, I dont want ANYONE to be sick. Best wishes for a speedy recovery so you can post more useless drivel and I can continue to loathe you.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Ask Ms Manly to look over your limbs for you more often!

Thanks, helg - you make me sound like a callous bitch who barely glances at my man. :wink: There just this little issue of us living an ocean apart at the moment. You can be damn sure were I not 4000 miles away the leg would have got noticed sooner.

Problem is, she starts her scan and then gets fixated.

Aye - well, there is that, too. :redface:

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
Infections like that are no joke. Glad your normal doc caught it for you. They probably never had your trousers off at the ER. Strange that you felt no horrid pain despite the red swelling. The new virulent staph germs can strike like that.

My ex got a similar problem in his knee as a teen from which he nearly died. Thought it was only bruised and until his fever spiked and he was in hospital the cause not discovered. He was in wheelchair for months.

I have a tendency to want to ignore what goes on below the waist too, which my beloveds try to cure me of. Ask Ms Manly to look over your limbs for you more often!
Heehee. She does, but we see so little of each other...

I was wearing shorts at the ER Sunday and the guy just clean missed it, silly hyoomun that he is.

Last edited by a moderator: