Censorship is here folks - watch your words.

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
What was edited?

If I posted exactly what was edited then the editing would've been for not don't you think? But...

words like.go fuck yourself etc.

..this post pretty well sums it up.:biggrin1:

From what I understand this is a hoax or a gag.

Without proof I am not going to take the OP's answer as fact.

If it's a hoax then it involves one moderator and a few members who've never had interaction before.:rolleyes:

Anyway, Excuze has now made it clear that this thread isn't specifically about what went on in that thread, so perhaps we should all let that part of it go.

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
From what I understand this is a hoax or a gag.

Without proof I am not going to take the OP's answer as fact.

:confused: Is anyone else confused by this? Which answer? Mem, you know Im nothing if not direct. If I sense hostility Ill give it back.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Proof?? Go look it clearly says it was edited by a mod.Geesh.This isnt an oliver stone movie mary.

Don't get snippy with me you dumb blond. let's see if that will be edited.

I clicked on the link provided and I did not see anywhere that it said that the Mods edited anything.

And unless you are typing form a God Damn cell phone you should learn to put a space after every period or comma. You should also research what a paragraph is.

Last edited:

Helboy

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
LOL I just love reading all this bitching by you guys...It sure does it for me !!:biggrin1:

B_JasonDawgxxx

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Don't get snippy with me you dumb blond. let's see if that will be edited.

I clicked on the link provided and I did not see anywhere that it said that the Mods edited anthing.
No need to get nasty with me.If you are having a bad day,life etc.Dont take it out on me with your dime store insults.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I understand that. My reply was created as an exemplar to those who might not understand the subtleties of what may appear, at cursory glance, to be an extremely simple and obvious need for editing.

Well aren't we a pair of clever cunts!

Banly's Irish. She's from Dublin. I've known that for a while.

Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.

As John said to Ringo :wink:

OMG! What a nightmare this has become.:eek::biggrin:

Lolzzzzzzz

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
No need to get nasty with me.If you are having a bad day,life etc.Dont take it out on me with your dime store insults.

When I said you were a dumb blond I did not mean you were stupid. More of a spoiled rotten, rich kid, California air-head.

My day is great. I just woke up. I was a little surprised because I have been nothing but nice and supportive to you, until you got snippy with me.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
downright astonished to hear this from someone I've always thought of (wrongly?) as a PC liberal

Warn, suspend, or ban a member, or lock the thread for what's been said, but don't edit his or her words to what you believe they should say. Doing so is quite possibly more offensive than anything else you can do. Perhaps freedom of expression is not appreciated in Denmark but it is here, as the mods are always quick to point-out, in the United States where the forum is hosted.

Something is rotten in Denmark.
Offence and insult are part of everyday life for people in Britain. All you have to do is open a daily paper and there’s plenty to offend. Or you can walk into the religious books section of a bookshop and discover you’re damned to various kinds of eternal hellfire, which is certainly insulting, not to say overheated.

The idea that any kind of free society can be constructed in which people will never be offended or insulted is absurd. So too is the notion that people should have the right to call on the law to defend them against being offended or insulted. A fundamental decision needs to be made: do we want to live in a free society or not? Democracy is not a tea party where people sit around making polite conversation. In democracies people get extremely upset with each other. They argue vehemently against each other’s positions. (But they don’t shoot.)

At Cambridge University I was taught a laudable method of argument: you never personalise, but you have absolutely no respect for people’s opinions. You are never rude to the person, but you can be savagely rude about what the person thinks. That seems to me a crucial distinction: people must be protected from discrimination by virtue of their race, but you cannot ring-fence their ideas. The moment you say that any idea system is sacred, whether it’s a religious belief system or a secular ideology, the moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible. -Salman Rushdie
The fact is that censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates, in the end, the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -Henry Steele Commager

jumbo747jet

Superior Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Hi, everybody.

It was me doing the editing of a few posts a couple of days ago, which have obviously caused some questions.
What I did was to edit out insults which weren't necessary for the message in itself. It didn't change the point being made in the post.

Agreed, LPSG is a adult site and we're mature enough to handle "adult words", but we're also mature enough to treat other people with respect.

To clarify, let me give you an example of what I am talking about, OK.

Pretend that I've had an affair with Gillette and I am posting about it on the site.

Example 1 : We fucked and her cunt was hot and tight.
This would be OK

Example 2 : When we met she turned out to be a fucking cunt, so I took off.
This would NOT be OK, as this is a obvious insult of Gillette - harrassment of another member.

Trust me, I am no language police and I am not trying to make LPSG have the atmosphere of a Sunday school. Far from it.

For me it's about showing respect for other people.

If you disagree with what somebody has posted, say so, and explain why you don't agree with what's been said, but do it without resorting to name calling and personal insults.
Your argument isn't made stronger by personal insults and the like, rather the opposite.

At times when feelings run high it might even be a good idea to refrain from posting a response to what has upset you, and stop and have a good think about how you best can get your own point of view across when you eventually do respond.

I hope this clarifies why I edited those posts and that you can all agree with me that keeping a respectful tone in our posts make LPSG a more welcoming and enjoyable site.

Cheers

jumbo747jet, moderator

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
What is this? Fucking kindergarten? If a post violates the TOS, then warn the author or ban them. But don't go around editing peoples words.

I'm I stupid? I can't see what was offensive that need to be edited-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn9x8

"My God. Did you come out of hiding just to complain about this forum?? I've come across so many of your posts lately that are full of nothing but condescension, ridicule and complaints. Ugh, really, your posts lately are much more annoying than anything you've found fault with in this forum."

I've never been "in hiding". I'm a writer, songwriter, and musician in show business.

Yes, I am condescending about this shitty site because my Guide to celebrity monster cocks is infinitely better than LPSG. Sorry, I have no false modesty. Don't expect any phony humilty from me.

If I have ridiculed anything on LPSG is was deserved ridicule, because this site is quite ridiculous.

I have made constructive criticisms and I have mentioned several times that my comments are meant as constructive criticisms.

If I annoy you, that's your problem, don't read my posts. Don't you ever read my Guide to celebrity monster cocks. You don't deserve it. "

The the bit in red was edited out from BigJohn9x6's post. What is the problem here?

I don't know what agnslz wrote that Mary Poppins wouldn't approve of. Jumbo, if you are going to be going around cleaning up everyone's language and removing irrelevant insults, you're going to be a busy boy!

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Let me add that I think the ad hominem (personal attacks) are stupid.
moz-screenshot-5.jpg
moz-screenshot-6.jpg
Personal attacks on your opponent are an admission of intellectual bankruptcy. But censorship of those remarks is even more so.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
In my view insulting a person is not harassment. We can not be sweet and nice to each other all the time. Arguments will happen and people will say things in anger that they may not mean. There is a reason why boxing and wrestling are big business in the entertainment field. Most people love a good fight.

jumbo747jet

Superior Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
In my view insulting a person is not harassment. We can not be sweet and nice to each other all the time. Arguments will happen and people will say things in anger that they may not mean. There is a reason why boxing and wrestling are big business in the entertainment field. Most people love a good fight.

This holds true for when you're talking, but whenever you are writing something which is going to be around on the internet forever, you'd better take some time to consider what it is you want to say before you click the submit button.

If you're in a private chat with somebody, and say something in anger, which you later regret, you can apologize to that person, but this doesn't really work on message sites like this.

This is the reason why I'd prefer if we could refrain from posting things which can be interpreted to be disrespectful of others.

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
Civility is possible without everyone being nice to each other. You don't like somebody, bitch about them off the board and avoid them on here. If they start following you around, don't give them the pleasure of a reply. Make the insults public, and the immature animosity becomes contagious. Actual arguments, so long as their kept on the topic of the situation and aren't reduced to personal mudslinging, are a different story but can still reduce to insults as they pull other people in.