Cervix - levels of sensitivity?

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by Lordpendragon, Nov 23, 2006.

1. Lordpendragon

Gold Member

I have been wondering about this for a while.

I have seen a lot of posts from ladies that a prod in the cervix is equivalent to a kick in the nuts.

I have occasionally experienced women who have had this problem in certain positions, but I have also experienced women who have got on top, and humped away like mad with maybe three inches just not going in, but no apparent problem with bashing the cervix. In the latter case the pain/worry seemed to be all mine. I am sure other guys will know what it is like when a partner's weight is supported just on your knob rather than coming to rest on your body.

Is there a reason for this?

2. va_lk_yr_ie

va_lk_yr_ie Member

For me it's related to a combination of different things.

1) Position. Being taken from behind, certain positions with me on top or with my legs pushed towards my stomach where he can slam right up against the cervix if he's not careful - HURTS!

2) Time of the month. I'm more sensitive just around ovulation/before I start bleeding.

3) Size of the guy. As counter-intuitive as it sounds - around average is probably the worst for me as it means his head is level with my cervix when he's fully inside and that creates ample opportunity to bump into it. Bigger guy and I'm aroused enough to allow him deep penetration usually lets him slide beyond the cervix which is a pleasant sensation in and of itself. Smaller guy and he's just at the right level to hit the G-spot instead of the cervix.

3. wifeofalargeman

wifeofalargeman New Member

I think it has to do with that time of the month, for me anyway. At certain
    times I can only take him from behind with me controlling how deep he goes cause it hurts like hell, the rest of the time I can ride the hell out of him on top all the way down and it not be a problem.

4. Rubenesque

Gold Member

Albums:
    I agree with wifeofalargeman, it all depends on the time of the month. At certain times our cervix softens and can become very sensitive.

5. Chrysalis

Chrysalis New Member

Okay...maybe I'm some kind of mutant. But the pain I feel upon excessive penetration is not the penis hitting my cervix, it is the penis going past the cervix and then hitting the end of the tented upper vaginal wall.

My worst experience of this was years ago in my Lolita days, with a man who had a long, skinny cock.

Which makes sense, in the same way that it is much easier to prick your skin with a needle than with a fatter, more blunted object.

That said, my cervix is very sensitive -- actually an incredible erogenous zone. However, it seems to be located far up along the wall of my vagina, not at the ultimate distal end, as most women seem to describe.

When my husband strokes it with his fingers (or the head of his cock, during intercourse) it is like a 2nd G Spot for me.

Vaginas are probably just as diverse in size and shape as penises are, but since you can't see them as easily, people go with what they've been told -- "The average vagina is 4" in length, and can expand to as much as 8" when aroused."

That's just like saying "The average penis is 6" long." That may be true, but as we see on this site, there can be a hell of a lot of diversity, representing significant deviations from the statistical mean.

I would suspect that the problems you experience may depend on the specific anatomy of each woman, and how well it complements (or doesn't complement) your own anatomy. I personally find a hard hit to the cervix very stimulating, but do not like the feeling of being skewered past my cervix.

Could it be that some women think the pain they experience is cervical, when in fact, it is not?

Who knows.

6. Lordpendragon

Gold Member

Sexual heaven for this man is indeed a size compatible partner where slow deep strokes end behind the cervix along the posterior wall. I can feel the cervix gently rub my glands as I withdraw and then hold so the head is against the g spot. If i go slow I can feel all these different surface sensations whilst having the overall slightly tight all round grip.

If you go hammer and tongs you loose this subtlety of sensation and risk a head on collision with the cervix.

I do agree with the woman on top, I notice partners taking you in and getting you just where they wnat/need/like you.

Thank you ladies :smile:

7. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

I guess when im on top i know how hard to thrust and if it does start hurting i shorten how deep he goes. However when im on the bottom and he is thrusting into me i have no control, and if it hurts the only option is to say so.

As the ladies have said it does have to do wth time of the month and a few other things but i see it as general comunicating and saying if something isnt comfortable. Same as if we are blowing you and teeth touch, you tell us

8. happyfeet

happyfeet New Member

It's been a long time since I've studied the cervix, but I think I can safely assert that no one's penis is going inside anyone's cervix.

The cervix has it's low days and it's high days. So, when the cervix is low, it's going to get hit easily and probably often if the guy has any length worth noting. My cervix tends to be low right before my period starts and right before I ovulate. I think this is normal for women.

When the cervix is high, you aren't going to feel it very often. Depends on the guy's length.

The cervix opens slightly when a woman is fertile (ovulating) in order to allow sperm access. Otherwise, your cervix opening should be very small; def. not enough to allow a penis. (Unless, of course, you're giving birth.)

9. baseball99

baseball99 New Member

if someone is getting inside a womans cervix then her cervix is extremely incompetent

its not possible and for the men who say they penetrate and screw a cervix they are full of shit.....actually its amazing bc the same guys that say they can do that, if you look into one ear you can see right out the other side

10. Pirate Wench

Gold Member

You're right, technically it would be impossible for any penis to go thru a cervix (excluding dilated to deliver)....

I think some of the guys who write this have it as a fantasy......
    I find it is a very erotic fantasy.....

If they think they Actually did go thru one......well who knows what it was that gave them that idea.

As for me......I apparently have a high pain threshold.....have never said to stop when that was being bumped......
    In fact, with that going on, I doubt that I could form a sentance or say one word anyway......:smile:

Hmm.....will need more research....
    :wink:

11. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    My lord!
    Any plans for this weekend?

12. stud_hunter

stud_hunter New Member

Well, like everything I'm sure it's different for different people. My cervix is quite tender initially and requires gentleness if touched. If I get it gently massaged patiently for some time, it becomes pleasurable and I can even have a mindblowing cervical orgasm. But it takes patience. On the other hand, some women on this site have said they have massive orgasms from being pounded away there, so like anything, just check with the one you're with.

13. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    This thread hasn't been alive for a while, but I thought I'd chime in with some new information. Evidently the cervical tilt can also change as a woman ages, since my gynecologist recently told me that mine has changed it's tilt and that this is a completely normal change. I am in my 30s. When I asked if it could be fixed, he gave me a look that let me know that gynecologists don't bother with that sort of question.

My cervix has been accidentally hit many times during sex, which is very painful, and I have learned which angles work best so that his penis slides just past my cervix. Also flexing my vaginal muscles in the right way can also "direct" the penis toward the right spot, which has also taken a little practice, since flexing in the wrong way has the opposite effect. I've found that in that area past the cervix it can be very pleasurable, or painful if he thrusts too deep or too fast there also. The deeper he goes, the slower he must thrust. There doesn't seem to be a magic "deep place" where a woman can take any length cock without eventually reaching a pain point!

14. RawDog

Gold Member

Albums:
    How would you describe this "flexing"?

15. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    Okay, boyfriend came home and attempted to convince me that the only way I could properly answer your question would be to practice immediately. Funny boy! :smile:

After being reminded that we both remember this experience well enough to answer your question properly without actually reinacting it first, I can say that I think we've both concluded that it just requires practice and experience to do properly. Depending on the tilt of my hips, the penis may be pointed toward my cervix, and a well timed flexing of the muscles in the middle of my vagina can sort of redirect the penis towards the "Douglas pouch" instead of the painful result into the cervix. A badly timed one in the wrong place can be painful. :eek:

BTW, boyfriend complimented that even when I'm very still during sex, he loves that I'm still "involved" by timing my flexing with his thrusts. I mentioned that sometimes actual pelvic motion can be cause a painful result, but he said that he doesn't mind that, as long as I'm "present" inside, as he put it, and I move with him. He was very complimentary just now. :smile:

16. RawDog

Gold Member

Albums:
    Thanks for the reply, petite. My question was more out of curiosity regarding muscle control rather than the actual cervix lifting to begin with. My wife's had a hysterectomy so this is something we need not worry about.

I do remember an ex of mine whose cervix was so pronounced and hard that it felt like she had a golfball inside her. It was pretty easy for me to squeeze my way under, as there was no mistaking where it was and which way my cock was sliding past. She commented about how I was the first guy to be able to do that. It seemed like it sounded like her past lovers were just stupid, but if you think about it, it makes sense now.

From what I've read it seems like guys just tend to shove their dicks in, hammer away like nobody's business, cum, and call it good. I take the time to slide my cock in, and from experience. making sure to not tear anything on my way to being "balls deep" (I still want repeat business here). From there, I slowly glide myself in and out until she's relaxed enough for me to go faster. It takes a few strokes, but she gradually loosens up and lubrcates my cock enough that it doesn't hurt. Why isn't this obvious to all guys?

#16 RawDog, Mar 4, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  17. Vestigial

Gold Member

But then again, what is?

18. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    Ah, I see! That word "hysterectomy" gives me the willies.

Oh, it's just Kegel exercises. Squeeze from the opening of my vagina all the way down to the bottom, or expressing it in terms of his penis inside, from the base of his penis up to the head. It's something he mentions frequently, so he must really like it.

For any women who have not had hysterectomies, doing that pushes the uterus downward when I squeeze at the top, obviously, because I'm making it narrower up there, but if he's in an upward thrust towards it, then I've just accidentally rammed myself, so timing is critical.

Yes, and it's definitely a lot tighter behind the uterus, in the Douglas pouch. There is an end back there that hurts if you hit it hard, but in a different way than the cervix. Boyfriend is very careful, but he's only human.

It sounds like you're a good and careful lover, and a smart one!

So many guys do exactly what you just described, but it's not entirely their own fault. Women lie, lie, lie in bed because we all believe that men can't handle the truth, so no matter how awful he is, he hears how wonderful it was, because women would rather just not have sex with a man a second time than tell him that his technique sucks or that it's not working, or whatever the issue is. I consider myself to be a fairly confident person in bed and I've had sex with what I consider to be a lot of men and it's only really recently that I've been communicating with Boyfriend the way that I should have been communicating with men in bed my entire adult life.

19. RawDog

Gold Member

Albums:
    I was hoping you'd say that! Let me direct you to one of my favorite threads:

http://www.lpsg.org/97329-the-amazing-snappin-pussy-3.html#post2186484

This is the 3rd page, but my first post on the topic.

Women love me for my big throbbing brain.

Which is why I have so many issues when it comes to compliments.

Never too late.

20. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    That's a great article! I only elevator up most of the time, but I'm going to try mixing it up a bit and seeing what boyfriend thinks, because there were some interesting suggestions in there. I like the exercise suggestions on that page.

I assumed that all women move the muscles in their vaginas during sex, especially while he orgasms. It increases my pleasure and I do it when I'm masturbating, too. Do other women not do that?

There was one boyfriend I had when I was 21 who was probably 29 at the time, and he gave me the most amazing look when I did it, like he was impressed or surprised or something, but he didn't say anything about it.

I don't know why, but women seem to be universally of the opinion that men's egos are too fragile to be truthful about sex. I have tried communicating more with other lovers, but it really hasn't gone over well before. Boyfriend's ego seems to be impenetrable and after I figured out that he's oblivious to hints, I finally just got really blunt. He loves it, so it's working!

Draft saved Draft deleted