Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes...

Would you like to see changes in the moderation of LPSG?

• I would like to see changes in the moderation of LPSG.

Votes: 42 67.7%
  • I would NOT like to see changes in the moderation of LPSG.

Votes: 20 32.3%

• Total voters

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I've been humming and hawing about posting this for, well, quite some time.

With all due respect to the current moderating team I think the forum posting membership need to see some changes.

I don't personally favour a complete overhaul - I would like to see some new moderators on the team. Since this time last year there are 3 less moderators and I have yet to understand why replacements were never sought.

I'd like to see at least 3 new mods - possibly a change to the moderating structure (e.g. different named mods taking responsibility for different areas) and I'd like to see a little more communication when a high profile banning / trolling situation is going on.

An overhaul / clarification of the ToS wouldn't be a bad thing either.

I have no idea how this is going to be received, by the mods, admins or membership - please post honestly, fairly and please remember that Pecker, mindseye, naughty, prepstudinsc, Freddie53, Gillette, joyboytoy79 and jumbo747jet all give their time for nothing at the moment and don't have it too easy either.

NCbear

Superior Member
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Third vote. I definitely want to see some changes in LPSG moderation, but I want to think about how to say it.

NCbear (who'll be back to this thread to weigh in)

P.S. Hemming and hawing? Just picking on an uneditable typo. I've written several myself. :)

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
As someone who only joined recently I dont have strong opinions here. However, I dont see any reason for the mods to be secretive about decisions they make. It all comes out one way or another anyway so why not just clarify it up front & save all the rumours & speculation? Makes no sense. Maybe they enjoy having "secret info that no-one else knows". But people form relations here & they have a right to know why someone just disappears. OK, if youre close to that person youll know why but many relationships here exist on a very casual & superficial level. So thats my greatest wish here; more openness from the moderators. It just makes sense.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
It really doesn't matter to me. After all, this is a fantasy cyber world on some level for everyone. It's not like as if it is the real world. If you find this site a major part of your daily world, well, I suggest you get a life!

Last edited:

D_Jurgen Klitgaard

Account Disabled
Media
As someone who only joined recently I dont have strong opinions here. However, I dont see any reason for the mods to be secretive about decisions they make. It all comes out one way or another anyway so why not just clarify it up front & save all the rumours & speculation? Makes no sense. Maybe they enjoy having "secret info that no-one else knows". But people form relations here & they have a right to know why someone just disappears. OK, if youre close to that person youll know why but many relationships here exist on a very casual & superficial level. So thats my greatest wish here; more openness from the moderators. It just makes sense.

As a moderator myself on another site, I'm not here to dog the mods, they have a tough job. But as a banned member from a very large site, I can tell you that no matter how many times anyone asks for more openness, you will never get it. I was banned for reasons unbeknown to me, I never received a final reason to this day. All I know is the reason was personal between the moderator that did it because I never once picked a fight or had any infractions given from other members.

I think for a site this large, three new moderators should be the minimum. I know in my short time here that I would never want to be given that responsibility, so good luck to whomever is chosen.

B_lamdellboo

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
From what I gather, all the mods do great, selfless work! (Special kudos to naughty for helping me personally, and to Pecker for being the LPSG welcome wagon)

I agree, though-- perhaps they could use another helping hand or two.

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
I think at this point it's fairly obvious that nothing is ever going to change at LPSG in regards to the way it is run and moderated.

On a less pessimistic note, I must say that I like the idea of having mods with specific duties. I for one have mentioned my desire and willingness to 'moderate' the Celebrity Endowments forum (and perhaps others that I frequent) if all I had to do was merge repetitive threads and other such things that in no way would deal with deciding whether to ban someone or telling people to behave.

Overall, though, I would like change.

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
I think everyone here is an adult (presumably) and should know how to conduct them self if they do get into an argument with someone else. Mod's are great for extreme cases but as a whole we should be responsible for ourselves. I don't like the "Im going to tell on you attitude"

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've been humming and hawing about posting this for, well, quite some time.

With all due respect to the current moderating team I think the forum posting membership need to see some changes.

I don't personally favour a complete overhaul - I would like to see some new moderators on the team. Since this time last year there are 3 less moderators and I have yet to understand why replacements were never sought.

I'd like to see at least 3 new mods - possibly a change to the moderating structure (e.g. different named mods taking responsibility for different areas) and I'd like to see a little more communication when a high profile banning / trolling situation is going on.

I have no idea how this is going to be received, by the mods, admins or membership - please post honestly, fairly and please remember that Pecker, mindseye, naughty, prepstudinsc, Freddie53, Gillette, joyboytoy79 and jumbo747jet all give their time for nothing at the moment and don't have it too easy either.
I have such respect for the mods. They have a very hard job indeed. I think they do a great job. I dont think a overhaul or clarification of the ToS is needed at all. Some extra hands to help out? I think thats a good idea.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
At first I thougt Manly was gonna sing us some David Bowie.

It really doesn't matter to me. After all, this is a fantasy cyber world on some level for everyone. It's not like as if it is the real world. If you find this site a major part of your daily world, well, I suggest you get a life!
Brilliant, why don't more people see it that way. This is why I don't put my picture as my avitar.

I don't bare attempt to explain the needs of the mods or admins, I just do my best to abide by the rules I am aware of. It should not take a large team to run a forum. I wonder how many forums members of LPSG actually join other forums because there are way more strick forums out there were even a double post or bumping you own post would be reasons for banning. A members task here is to use the forum, not judge people or the mods or the admins.

I don't see why, if people don't become trolling asswipes about stuff, and obey the rules that mods and admins are even required in a forum. But nothing is perfect and thats why there here.

Manly listed the ids of 8 mods, I didn't even know it required that many, and yes good job guys.

Last edited:

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
"Should" being the unfortunate operative word.

YOU are totaly RIGHT. people SHOULD learn to behave and not just make it about slang and permiscous talks

I have such respect for the mods. They have a very hard job indeed. I think they do a great job. I dont think a overhaul or clarification of the ToS is needed at all. Some extra hands to help out? I think thats a good idea.

YES it is! I'm here to offer my help, cause whenevr I feel the thread|post level is lower than LOW, I complain [within the thrad] or JUST leave!

NOT that I want to be a saint [cause I'm not] but we should try to mantain a interesting level without falling into stereotipical miss use of words! [and I'm not refering to my one mistakes in english! :p]

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response

...I'd like to see a little more communication when a high profile banning / trolling situation is going on.

I find your requests to be very reasonable. I hope they will be addressed.

TurkeyWithaSunburn

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I say add a few more mods. I would hate to know how many PM's and reports each moderator has to deal with.

Maybe some intervention when threads are reported going down the toilet.

(PMs doesn't look right hence the 's :tongue: )
Is one mod even active on the site anymore?

Last edited: