Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes...

Would you like to see changes in the moderation of LPSG?

• I would like to see changes in the moderation of LPSG.

Votes: 42 67.7%
  • I would NOT like to see changes in the moderation of LPSG.

Votes: 20 32.3%

• Total voters

Sklar

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Sorry guys, I'm saying let the mods stay.

If You (the Royal You, not you personally) don't like how the mods run this site feel free to leave.

Pecker has already admitted he was wrong in his banning of DC_Deep. The reasons for the ban, the reasons for the admission of a mistake are no one's to know but the Mods and DC_Deep.

The admission is wrongness is all ANYONE should care about now. The very fact that Pecker admitted he was wrong seems to have flown by everyone who is calling for the mods to resign. Where else would a mod admit in public he/she was wrong and then go on and FIX IT?

About a month after I joined there was a group Mod resignation and applications were being taken for their replacements.

As far as I know, there was no mod turn over after the "night of a thousand knives."

We don't need a mod turn over here.

The Mods enforce the ToS as best they can. Don't give them flack for doing a job that very others would want to do themselves.

If you don't like to the ToS go somewhere else.

And for the one guy who said that ultimately this is Rob_E's fault...

GRRRRRR

If you don't like the rules that Rob_E has put in place, go away. no one forced you to come here.

No one forces you to stay.

Thanks for listening,

Sklar

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
All of the bells and whistles recently added did nothing to address the site's real problem, heavy handed and arbitrary moderation. As evidenced by the recent treatment of DC and the mass temp banning a little while back.

camper joe

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am just not sure more is always better. I think the mod.s have a difficult and unappreciated job. They are damned when they do act and damned when they don't act. And with this last uproar Pecker did acknowledge he was in the wrong. We are all adults here although sometimes it does resemble Romper Room with penis.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I agree that the mods need a helping hand. Anyone who actually reads the threads or just the titiles alone knows that there is more than a handful of members here seeking to enflame. "America sucks" threads, "Americans are dumb" threads. DC's banning proves that sometimes mods overstep because banning someone erroneously is, to say the least, an abuse of power. How can we enjoy a site if we may be banned erroneously? Who's next? Stacy? Dumbcow? I think the first step would be getting them some help since there's an abundance of BS threads and BS posters here. Lot's of women express displeasure with the women's issues forum being taken over by tweenies asking "what does your vagina look like?" and "can i stick my powertool in your kitty kat." I just don't think it's reasonable to have so few mods on a site with this much traffic. Once they get some more hands on deck, we can see if that's all that was needed.

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I agree that the mods need a helping hand. Anyone who actually reads the threads or just the titiles alone knows that there is more than a handful of members here seeking to enflame. "America sucks" threads, "Americans are dumb" threads. DC's banning proves that sometimes mods overstep because banning someone erroneously is, to say the least, an abuse of power. How can we enjoy a site if we may be banned erroneously? Who's next? Stacy? Dumbcow? I think the first step would be getting them some help since there's an abundance of BS threads and BS posters here. Lot's of women express displeasure with the women's issues forum being taken over by tweenies asking "what does your vagina look like?" and "can i stick my powertool in your kitty kat." I just don't think it's reasonable to have so few mods on a site with this much traffic. Once they get some more hands on dick, we can see if that's all that was needed.

Yes, Stacy & Dumbcow are evil personified. They must be extracted from this site immediately or there is no hope for any of us. :tongue:

You can never have enough hands on dick I say....:biggrin1:

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The resignations from the moderating team happened a good while ago and I thought that new volunteers would have been appointed to replace them by now.I've voted in favour of changes for that reason alone.
If the current team feel that they've got it covered and they don't need more hands on deck,then leave things as they are.
If the wrong people volunteer and get on the team nothing will be gained.I remember one "dude" wanted to be a mod as soon as he joined - egomaniacs need not apply.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I voted for "change," mostly more mods.

As for as mod actions, what I'd like to see is them intervening more often and earlier when a discussion gets nasty. An example of intervention would be a post such as "let's discuss the topic civilly and not insult/attact the members you disagree with". As post such as that before it escalates might avert a flame event.

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hey, I'd not exactly been here a long time in comparison when I became a mod either... still regretting stepping down though :mad:

Being a mod isn't easy, do too much and you're wrong, do too little and you're wrong, treat all the same and you're wrong, give the older members a little more space to wiggle and you're wrong. End of the day though, they are the ones in the seats upstairs, they'll be ones along with Rob_E deciding if they need new mods to replace older ones who've since left, and I think this thread was a good idea, as long as it sticks to suggestions and doesn't become a "lets bash the mods" thread

You were terrific as a Mod.

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hey, I'd not exactly been here a long time in comparison when I became a mod either... still regretting stepping down though :mad:
I remember you did a great job,I thought it was a shame when you resigned.I guessed you probably had too much going on in your life to be able to spare enough time for moderating.

B_dumbcow

Experimental Member
Media
Yes, Stacy & Dumbcow are evil personified. They must be extracted from this site immediately or there is no hope for any of us. :tongue:

You can never have enough hands on dick I say....:biggrin1:

:eek::rolleyes: Eeeeevil I tell you! Me and Stacy gather round the cauldron each night with Brownie and stir up all the trouble. We really run this place. You are all just puppets in our grand plan :eek::wink:

I think the moderators do a great job! In my opinion, they are under-appreciated. Could more mods help? I think so.

But... do too many cooks spoil the broth? :confused:

I don't think an extra one or two would hurt.

SyddyKitty

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
More mods is always nice. Most forums have mods dedicated to each subforum. Some spread themselves among 2 or so subforums and it works well when having around 3 mods on each of those subforums.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just a question.

Mention has been made for moderators dedicated to specific forums. I think as you discuss such things you should be very clear on what you mean.

Do you mean one moderator responsible for just merges, deletions, and closures?

Or would you mean that that moderator would have sole decision in handling any issues that arose in said forum? (I don't think that wise.)

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Good questions G. Speaking as the OP, I didn't want to bung a load of stuff in the OP and steer the discussion too much.

Now that other voices have come in I feel a bit more comfortable expanding what I think without worrying that I'm seeming to dictate the specifics of what the poll is about.

The idea of one mod have complete discretion over issue X is a bad one, I agree. But in terms of thread moving and other similar areas that unilateral action is appropriate for, well, you do already do that, don't you.

I was more thinking that Mods A and B could do the 'no contest' moderating on forums 1 and 2, Mods C and D could do the same for forums 3 and 4, and so on. Certain people have expressed an interest in moderating the Adult Websites forum and the Celebrity Endowments forum for example. I'm thinking maybe have two mods per section because, as with a military unit, you want 2 'men' assigned to each job so when there is a 'man' down :eek: (I mean busy IRL or something) you still have someone to do the job.

For the bigger deals, the potentially controversial issues, I think the discussion and consensus way you opperate at moment (as far as I am aware) is the only way to do it. It may be flawed but it is the least of several possible evils.

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Everything's fine. People just need to realize that if you aren't a paying member, probably nobody in charge is going to give a fuck what you think, harsh but true, although having certain mods in charge of certain things is a good idea

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Everything's fine. People just need to realize that if you aren't a paying member, probably nobody in charge is going to give a fuck what you think, harsh but true, although having certain mods in charge of certain things is a good idea

I'm not sure you were around for the last time that was brought up so I'll give you a pass but I'm tempted to spank the next person who suggests being a paid member makes any difference in your value to the site.

This is the Large Penis Support Group.

Large Penis / Support Group

These are the two most important things members offer.

Pics of your large penis are a major draw of the site,being as they are in fact the central theme.

Support - this comes in the form of support for other members or support for the site (female galleries help to draw more male members, etc.)

Yes, money is needed to keep the site afloat but it does not determine the importance of one's voice in discussion.

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Peoples egos get hurt way too easily on these boards, and I see people spatting all the time, and am quite surprised, since they both usually seem like mature writers, but I guess some people like to grudge.

I would like to see flags and banning. Flags are warnings, bannings are temp bans.

Full bans only for extreme racism, violent threats, or fakers.

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I voted for "change," mostly more mods.

As for as mod actions, what I'd like to see is them intervening more often and earlier when a discussion gets nasty.

(...and I had hoped to avoid getting into this particular fray...)

The way we operate now, these two desires are in conflict with one another. The more moderators there are, the more that are required to constitute a majority. As it is, it can be sometimes a full day before we get just four moderators to agree on an issue. Raising that number slows us down.

Consider these two extreme cases: In which scenario are decisions made more quickly: a family meeting, or a session of the U.S. House of Representatives? Personally, I'd rather see us more able to intervene early before things get out of hand.