Chafing in the Groin?

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by jeff2982, Nov 7, 2009.

1. jeff2982

jeff2982 New Member

Albums:
    Hey guys, so this isn't really a large penis issue, but with all the frank discussion that goes on here I thought someone might be able to help me out.

I always have these somewhat redish patches on my inner thighs where my balls rub against them, and it's kind of embarrassing because it looks like I might have some sort of rash. But it's not.

My balls aren't huge, but I guess above average, they're hairy, but not overly so. I guess it's just that they always rub against my inner thighs when I walk so the skin is tougher, darker, a little redder...

I've tried all kinds of underwear, briefs that would keep my balls high and tight, boxers that would let them hang low and ventilated, gold bond powder, everything I can think of.

Has anyone else had this and been able to resolve it?

Thanks, I'd appreciate any insight.

Jeff.

2. BigDallasDick8x6

Gold Member

Albums:
    Baby powder works fine for me.

There is also a product at sporting goods stores called Body Glide. It's a stick like deodorant and you put it on the parts that are rubbing together so you don't get chafed while cycling, running a marathon, etc.

Butler: "Walk this way"
    "If I could walk that way I wouldn't need the talcum powder" -- Groucho Marx

3. D_Relentless Original

Albums:
    I would not use talc, that can cause infection and make it worse, always dry self thoroughly after showering. Ensure you wear cotton grundies you may have a slight yeast infection there to start with and may need a antibiotic yeast cream to get rid off.

4. D_Harry_Crax

D_Harry_Crax Account Disabled

Jeff, I've had the same problem off and on for 15 years! I do have heavy, large balls. I can't stand boxers, and briefs were contributing to the problem with the edge rubbing my skin as I walk. Boxer briefs definitely help. Also, this problem has been much worse when it is hot and/or humid, but especially humid, and I've lived in humid places in the South 5 years out of the last 15 years (not in the South anymore). I've never heard of this Body Glide, but I'm definitely going to go find it now and have it around when I need it!

5. Johnson_8

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Guys - I found a great pair of underwear. I know you said you tried all types of underwear - but these are different - believe me. A little pricey - but worth it. If you don't have chaffing problems - but just don't like your balls stickin to your thighs - these are awesome.

Saxx Apparel - The Evolution of Men's Underwear

6. bigdik09

bigdik09 New Member

Albums:
    Tardis 69 is probably correct. That condition is usually caused by a yeast infection.
    The rashes are most likely a bacterial skin infection caused by yeast over groth
    Don't use any of the over the counter yeast infection products they usually contain some kind of steroid that can make the problems worse.
    Genital area is one of the most common place for people to get skin infections from yeast.
    Yeast thrives in a moist environment. Make sure you wash the area everyday & dry it well wear looser fitting clothes. Put tea tree oil on the area will also help it heal.
    Most importantly Stay away from sugar & any kind of artificial sweeteners they only feed the yeast. Drink atleast 6 cups of water daily.

To learn more & see if it may actually be a yeast infection
    check out this site: NATURAL CURE YEAST INFECTION, yeast infection treatment, yeast infection symptoms, cause of yeast infection, yeast infection pictures, yeast infection pics
    I highly recommend checking out this site. you never know you may have other health problems that are actually symptoms of a yeast infection.
    I hope this helps!!

7. jeff2982

jeff2982 New Member

Albums:
    Wow, okay, I've never seen anything like those... You like them? I may have to give 'em a try... Thanks.

8. D_Eliassaph Daniell Goosegarden Jr

There are several underwear brands now that use the bamboo fabric and they all claim an antimicrobial effect so you might give them a whirl.

Draft saved Draft deleted