Chances of a Disease transmitting?

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by Joseph, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Joseph

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I've been thinking... there are people who ......... GUYS who have sex with people they don't..... with GUYS they don't know... strangers and have one night stands with them.

I'm amazed so many people go for it without worrying about sexually transmitted diseases.

Actually what's the most common way to transmit a disease? Anal? Oral?
    Do people usually use stuff like condoms to protect....
    I'm curious since from one side I'd be so scared of doing it with a stranger, but on the other hand it's a thrilling fantasy of some sort...
    Just asking... how are diseases mostly transmited and how people mostly protect themselves from them (IF they do it at all that is)

2. BiggerInTexas8

BiggerInTexas8 New Member

Yes STDs and HIV do get transmitted. Some people use condoms for oral sex and anal sex and some do not at all. Yes you can get HIV from oral sex and anal sex and even vaginal sex. Ignore the idiots that tell you otherwise or that this stuff is rare or that it doesn't happen or that you can't get HIV from anal sex, oral sex, or vaginal sex.

3. Joseph

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Hmph.. Thought so..... Guess it doesn't matter anal or oral, it ends up bad. Guess if I ever get tempted to do it with a stranger, a hand job will have to do then heh

4. Viking_UK

Gold Member

Remember the boy scout motto: be prepared.

Even in a relationship, I'd recommend using condoms at least to start with and only stop using them if you're monogamous and have both been tested and have clear results.

5. eastbaydude

eastbaydude New Member

Albums:
    Does it really matter what the odds are?

If I told you the odds were 10% if you do it one way and 5% if you do it another way, would that be good enough to have unprotected sex?

Unless you know the person is disease-free, are certain you are in a mongomous relationship and ready to have kids - use protection every time. EVERY TIME.

Think about it, if someone is willing to have unprotected sex with you, how many other people have they had unprotected sex with? Remember... EVERY TIME.

6. cbrmale

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have had sex with 100-150 partners; the majority of times we used condoms for penetration but never for oral, and a number we didn't use condoms at all. Never had an STD. It was possible for me to catch something, especially with so much oral sex (me on them, them on me), but it never happened. And I'm not the only one.

In my life the world changed from waiting until you got married at 18 (typical for the late 1960s) to having sex with anyone you showed a passing interest in (typical for hte late 1970s). The Christian conservatives were aghast at what happened during the 1970s, and the emergence of aids in the early 1980s gave them a tool they could use to put sex back where they believe it belongs: marriage with one partner for life. Christian conservatives have grossly overstated the STD risks, especially if precautions are taken, in order to frighten young people away from casual sex or a sequence of relationship sexual partners. In my country this has largely not worked, because the Christian church here is irrelevant.

This isn't to discount that proper precautions should be taken, but sex should not be filled with fear, uncertainty and dread.

Draft saved Draft deleted