Change we can believe in

“This is of course not the policy of the campaign. It is offensive and counter to Obama’s commitment to bring Americans together and simply not the kind of campaign we run,” said Obama spokesman Bill Burton. “We sincerely apologize for the behavior of these volunteers.”

There. Glad that's settled!

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm not saying what they did was acceptable, but I they didn't do it for the helluvit. Muslims are the modern-day scapegoat for everyone. Blame the ills of the world on them (any they're not directly responsible to are ignored til a president makes an alarming last-minute we-need-to-change-this documentary). I wouldn't have barred them, but I'd be sweating bullets for weaks if a man I'm supporting who's middle name is Hussein is photographed anywhere near 2 muslims, I can already hear the manipulations of the photograph.

"Obama cheating on his wife, mistresses show up to rally."

"Obama associated with Bin Laden's daughters."

"Obama really is a muslim and will walk into the whitehouse with a backpack full of explosives if you elect him."

It'd be nice if the world were tolerant of muslims but I won't hold my breath.

Notaguru2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
“This is of course not the policy of the campaign. It is offensive and counter to Obama’s commitment to bring Americans together and simply not the kind of campaign we run,” said Obama spokesman Bill Burton. “We sincerely apologize for the behavior of these volunteers.”

There. Glad that's settled!

<sarcasm>The muslims were GOP plants.</sarcasm>

"Obama associated with Bin Laden's daughters."

George Bush Sr. and Dubya have had extensive business dealings with the bin Laden family which are openly documented (George Bush Sr. was meeting with a bin Laden family member during the 9/11 attacks) so I don't think the GOP would dare go there.

I must also point out that any support the bin Laden family has for Osama is either nil or undiscovered. Osama is bad for business and the bin Ladens are all about making piles of money.

Last edited by a moderator:

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
George Bush Sr. and Dubya have had extensive business dealings with the bin Laden family which are openly documented (George Bush Sr. was meeting with a bin Laden family member during the 9/11 attacks) so I don't think the GOP would dare go there.

I must also point out that any support the bin Laden family has for Osama is either nil or undiscovered. Osama is bad for business and the bin Ladens are all about making piles of money.

Kudos to you for using facts in your post, problem is most posters (and probably voters to) get their "facts" from political gossip blogs that disguise personal agendas, bias, and deception with cleverly used photographs. Obama's pics of a meeting with his brother wearing traditional African garments was manipulated to associate him with islam. I'd bet my left nut that Obama being photographed with 2 Muslim women behind him would've been spun and manipulated, and later used to support "facts" against him. Your logic is clear, but a rarity in political opinions sine many people get their "facts" from C-biased-NN and gossip blogs.

Last edited:

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
You're using facts. Kudos. Problem is, 99% of all blogs that americans probably BASE THEIR VOTES ON are erroneous, ill-conceived, down-right lies and personal opinions masked under clever photoshots. A pic of Barack with 2 muslim women standing behind would have 100% no doubt been manipulated against him. I applaud you for using logic and facts, but hope you recognize the danger that most voters get their "facts" from C-Biased-NN and political-gossip blogs.

So that's it then? Fuck principles because other people use scurrilous tactics!

Jolly good - brilliant idea. Carry on. :rolleyes:

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
So that's it then? Fuck principles because other people use scurrilous tactics!

Jolly good - brilliant idea. Carry on. :rolleyes:

Quite a strong emotional reaction considering its based on imaginary words you put in my mouth. I didn't say anything close to "fuck principles", I didn't suggest any action be taken at all, I simply made comments about other people's political comments. There was no "idea" expressed so your sarcastic reference to a ghost "idea" and subsequent :rolleyes: are silly, unfounded, and out of place.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Quite a strong emotional reaction considering its based on imaginary words you put in my mouth. I didn't say anything close to "fuck principles", I didn't suggest any action be taken at all, I simply made comments about other people's political comments. There was no "idea" expressed so your sarcastic reference to a ghost "idea" and subsequent :rolleyes: are silly, unfounded, and out of place.

You were justifying the behaviour - your argument (correct me if I'm wrong) was that you understand why Obama campaigners would hussle two muslem women out of where they could be in shot with Obama because some scurrilous (my word) types could use it to attempt to manipulate the American voters. That sounds remarkably like 'Fuck Principles' to me and certainly warrants a ':rolleyes:' from the Banisters camp - coulnt yourself lucky, in fact, that you didn't get a ':no:' after the 'Good idea' thrown in for good measure. :yup: