changing baby diapers

B_tallbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I got a friend that got a baby and he hates changing diapers because the funny smell. How many guys here change diapers ?

dickman45885

Sexy Member
Media
With my own kids....well that is part of being a parent....with my grandson, hand him off...it is part of the joys of being a grandpa......I have changed him, but the smell of fresh poo...well I am not used to it....

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
it is no biggie.

you get the easy part at the beginning when they are newborns and don't smell much.

solid foods result in smells that are the same as anyone's :eek:

there is a sigh of great relief (and pride) when they mature to self-reliance and potty mastery!

got_lost

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've never changed a nappy/diaper!! :eek:

Never even seen a dirty one.... :rolleyes:

If a nephew or niece ever looked to be doing anything in that dept it would be passed on to the next person for a cuddle pdq and I'd be off to put the kettle on.... :biggrin1:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I got a friend that got a baby and he hates changing diapers because the funny smell. How many guys here change diapers ?
It's not funny, so much as putrid, acrid, and truly God awful.

Several times a day. If I can wipe my own ass, I can wipe the baby's. Its just part of being a parent.
For this and many other reasons, you are a great guy! I wish we could clone you. :smile:

I was wondering if the OP thought women had no noses.
Hahaha maybe he just thought moms had some built in sense that allowed them not to smell the poopy diapers.

When I was a baby men not only didn't do diapers they didn't go into the delivery room. These days there is no excuse for such behavior. Step up to the plate guys and change the damn diapers!

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
eh, you get used to it. the smell is always awful, but it's one of those things i've learned to almost block out. my husband and i share diaper duty, in fact, he changed my son's first diaper in the hospital.

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
I've never changed a nappy/diaper!! :eek:

Never even seen a dirty one.... :rolleyes:

If a nephew or niece ever looked to be doing anything in that dept it would be passed on to the next person for a cuddle pdq and I'd be off to put the kettle on.... :biggrin1:
Ditto!

I've only ever changed my nephews and nieces' diapers when I'm babysitting and there is absolutely no one else around to do it.:eek: Other than that though, it's off they go to mommy, daddy or gramma for their changing!:biggrin:

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Old uncle logjam has had his share of baby sitting duty in the past. One word of advice - spaghetti makes for the worst smelling baby poo. Although it may be easy to make you pay for it later.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Hahaha maybe he just thought moms had some built in sense that allowed them not to smell the poopy diapers.

When I was a baby men not only didn't do diapers they didn't go into the delivery room. These days there is no excuse for such behavior. Step up to the plate guys and change the damn diapers!

There is a saying... "Men who change diapers change the world". Very true.

I've never had children but I have changed diapers. I used to work at a place where I had to change diapers on adults! (an institution for the severely developmentally disabled). I was not good at that job, but I don't think it was the changing diapers that I was not good at necessarily, it was just the whole job itself. I am not suited for caregiver type jobs.

And yes, the smell was bad... but I had to deal with it. That was my job.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Anyone unwilling to change a diaper (nappy) should not be allowed to reproduce.

And yes, I've changed WAY more than my fair share, even though I don't have any chilluns of my own.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
And yet...Some institutions will not let men work in the baby nursery. Child abuse. All men are guilty you know.

I find that line of reasoning disgusting, but here in the southern part of the United States, at least, this attitude is on the part of some people.

And it is a horrible "gift" to give to our boys when they are old enough to understand these things that they are already guilty of child abuse and they haven't even reached puberty yet.

I changed my sons' diapers from the time they were born until they were potty trained. I had no girls. No grandchildren yet. I'm sure I will change the grandchildren as well.