Changing your name

D

deleted257218

The way celebrities name their children nowadays it's only natural that they'd want to change their name, i mean growing up with the name Apple? and it got me thinking, how many of us would want to change their name?

D

deleted257218

I've always been partial to Dylan

B_lamdellboo

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've always liked my name.
Not many people believe my last name is real, but that's ok with me.
They don't have to know I'm actually a superhero. ;]

got_lost

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My first name is a keeper but my last one is my husbands...

In the future, if we separate, I am sure I'd want to change it, but no idea whether I'd go back to my maiden name or something else.... :rolleyes:

TurkeyWithaSunburn

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Didn't a kid in Montana or Wyoming LEGALLY change his name to "Troutfishinginamerica", a few years ago?

Wordie: Moon Unit, Diva Thin Muffin, and Fifi-Trixibelle would you name your kid lady nasty?

I've always liked the name Haywood Jablome. :biggrin1: Think I could get a judge to let me change my name to it? <heh>

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The way celebrities name their children nowadays it's only natural that they'd want to change their name, i mean growing up with the name Apple? and it got me thinking, how many of us would want to change their name?
I find nothing wrong with the name Apple. I grew up with people of all sorts of backgrounds and my high school year book had Mustafa, Velma, Dhjib (not to be confused with Dhjub or Djhab), Omar, Oemil, Pleasant, Nazareth, Song, Kareem, Munir, Beanie, Soheir (or was it Sohair), London and Sahib not to mention, Isadore, Igor, Valentine and Raj and of course there were the odd names such as Thomas, Joseph, George, William, James, Louis, Pamela, Susan, Ann...

A name is what you make of it or don't. Names which strike an American as odd may seem normal to a Pakistani and vice-versa. As to changing it, why? It's served me well so far; so, why tamper with it.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Gah. The guy I'm with right now wants to change his first name when he comes to the United States... and I don't want him to! He says he thinks it's too childish, I think it's sexy as hell. Makes me sad. :frown1: I told him that no matter what he changes his name too, I'm still calling him by his REAL name. Hehe.

I have never had any urge to change my name. It'd be too much of a pain in the ass, and I have nothing against it... just a nice, average name. :tongue:

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Didn't a kid in Montana or Wyoming LEGALLY change his name to "Troutfishinginamerica", a few years ago?

Wordie: Moon Unit, Diva Thin Muffin, and Fifi-Trixibelle would you name your kid lady nasty?

I've always liked the name Haywood Jablome. :biggrin1: Think I could get a judge to let me change my name to it? <heh>

I *love* the name Moxie Crimefighter... Penn Jillette's kid... I think Moxie is just a neat name... kinda spunky... and to have crimefighter as a middle name? Hahahahaha.

alex8.5

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I like my name. I've written using some pen names and I like those as well.

My former assistant, a very nice woman, her parents named her Ima Leach. I would think she mind want to change her name.

I have a buddy in Canada who legally changed his name. In Canada you don't have to go to court, just fill out some legal forms with various people to vouch for you and mail them in to the Government agency for name changes.. How cool is that. There may be court appearances for some circumstances.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've already legally changed my last name once and I'm contemplating changing my first name now.......I want to use my middle name as my first name:
Currently my name is Peter, If I change it my name will be Feliks(the polish spelling).......Should i do it? I kind of like Feliks.

B_dumbcow

Experimental Member
Media
I think Doug is a bit boring sometimes... I like being called Douggy :smile:
I would change my last name. It is really embarrasing :redface: I think it's a cool name sometimes, though. People often compliment my name :cool:

D_Roland_D_Hay

Account Disabled
Media
I've already legally changed my last name once and I'm contemplating changing my first name now.......I want to use my middle name as my first name:
Currently my name is Peter, If I change it my name will be Feliks(the polish spelling).......Should i do it? I kind of like Feliks.
I like Feliks..my vote is make the change...(not that my vote really matters hah)