Chappelle Reportedly Checks Into Facility

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This kind of makes sense. Anyone see his comic tour right after the second season ended? He was all "fuck this Chappelle Show shit; this has fucked up my life. I can't go nowhere without some dude yelling I'M RICK JAMES BITCH!"

I hope he gets better.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/tv_chappelle_suspended

Chappelle Reportedly Checks Into Facility
By DAVID BAUDER, AP Television Writer
1 hour, 3 minutes ago

NEW YORK - Comedy Central star Dave Chappelle has checked himself into a mental health facility in South Africa, the magazine Entertainment Weekly reported on Wednesday.

The comedian's whereabouts and condition have been unknown since Comedy Central abruptly announced last week that the planned May 31 launch of the third season of "Chappelle's Show" had been postponed and production halted.

Chappelle flew from Newark, N.J., to South Africa on April 28 for treatment, said the magazine, quoting a source close to the show it would not identify. Entertainment Weekly said it had corroborating sources for its story.

"We don't know where he is," Comedy Central spokesman Tony Fox said. "We've heard about South Africa. We don't know. We haven't talked to Dave."

Chappelle's spokesman, Matt Labov, would not comment on the magazine's story.

"It seems like the issues he's contending with are really quite serious," said Dade Hayes, a senior editor at Entertainment Weekly. "It isn't a case of him spending a weekend someplace recuperating from exhaustion."

The magazine's sources say Chappelle is still in the facility, which was not named, Hayes said. Chappelle's representatives have denied that the comedian was abusing drugs.

Chappelle reportedly signed a $50 million deal with Comedy Central for two more seasons of his show, a payday made possible because of the explosive sales of the show's first season DVD.

The magazine said Chappelle had shot four to five episodes' worth of sketches for the new season, but none of its onstage introductions.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
OH Dave!

Some times I wonder is there a corellation between success as a comedian and manic depression. We saw it with Martin Lawrence and there are times I wonder about Jim Carey. It glitters but I am sure it is not an easy life.I hope Dave Chappelle gets well very soon we need to hear more of his comedic genius.

Naughty