Charities, Organizations, Causes

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Tank30, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Tank30

Tank30 Member

Don't know if it's been discussed on here yet or not. But thought people could list some of the charities, organizations, causes, they donate to or are involved with. For those of us who may be interested or looking for one to help out.

Name, if they have a website, what they do.......

2. D_Dierks Bentwilly

D_Dierks Bentwilly New Member

The Somalian famine relief is probably one of the most important causes out there right now. Donations from around the world have been slow to come and money raised is well below what is needed.

There are myriad websites to donate through depending on what country you are in. I donated through the Canadian Red Cross. www.redcross.ca.

3. breeze

breeze Member

I donate to
    Feed the Children
    PO Box 36
    Oklahoma City,Ok
    73101-0036
    They get food from various sources but need funds to pay for postal costs{senting the food}. They feed children around the world including the united states. {as little as 10/15 dollars}

Childfund International
    2821 Emerywood Park
    Richmond , VA
    23294-3725
    USA
    I sponsor a little girl in mexico. Anyone can sponsor a child anywhere in the world for a basic donation of 24.00 + options{gifts including money}.
    Both organizations are well known and probably have web sites.

4. MsImperfect

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I donate locally to the Big Brothers/Big Sisters Association as my son is involved with the program.

I donate to both the United Way, Red Cross and Free the Children by way of payroll deduction and then a few other charities that come knocking on my door like Breast Cancer, Kidney Foundation, Heart & Stroke foundation..

Draft saved Draft deleted