Charles Dickens' 200th b/day!

S

superbot

..arguably the best author in modern times. Favourite novel?.....

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
YEP
Watched none other than Sir Alec Guinness, Oliver Twist,at midnight last night, was magical
remembered it almost scene to scene, from childhood days.
Wish i could watch every version of the movie ever made, but settle quite happily for last nights version.

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
..arguably the best author in modern times. Favourite novel?.....

Best of modern times? Modern?:confused: He's been dead since 1870, hardly modern. There have even been other British authors since then many much better.

S

superbot

Best of modern times? Modern?:confused: He's been dead since 1870, hardly modern. There have even been other British authors since then many much better.
Maybe not where you're from,over here, when you can go back to Chaucer and beyond,he's def fixed in the modern era!!

Wot an old bastard! :p

I've done some timely re-writes to his classics, they now include: Oliver Twits, Knickerless Nickleby and David Copperfield ft. Claudia Schiffer. :)

ConanTheBarber

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Who has been better?
(You can name a few candidates ... but probably none will have more advocates than Dickens.)

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
A Tale of Two Cities for me is difficult though I love the last 20% of the book. I like Great Expectations and Oliver Twist heaps. Mystery of Edwin Drood...and the musical it became are nice. But my favorite is A Christmas Carol. If you haven't read it you should. Everyone thinks they have read this because they see all the movie versions...but the real thing is just one of my faves of all time. Scrooge, I think, is the most transformational of characters. So beautiful. Happy Birthday CD. I mentioned you on facebook buddy... on the actual day.