Charles Krauthammer: Obama in Bush clothing

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Wyldgusechaz, May 24, 2009.

1. Wyldgusechaz

Wyldgusechaz New Member

From Washington Post op ed columnist: Obama is vindicating EVERYTHING Bush did in the War on Terror. Everything.

We will not have to wait for history to judge Bush, Obama is giving his 100% seal of approval. The troops are staying in Iraq, he is using Bush"s signature plan of the *Surge* in Afghanistan, and Obama has endorsed in action but not in deed all that the supposed loser Bush has implemented.

This from a liberal op ed writer.

Too funny. Obama has adopted all of Bush's National Security agenda.

Victor Davis Hanson says "Obama supports the Bush Patriot Act, wiretaps, email intercepts, military tribunals, Predator drone attacks, and now Gitmo!!"

This is only a partial list.

Krauthammer says " ignore what Obama says, look at his deeds. "

We should. Obama is talking one way, but totally endorsing thru action Bush's legacy on National Security.

Argue all you want but President Bush clearly did the right thing in terms of National Security. Of that, now there can be no doubt.

Eventually President Bush will look like President Truman, scorned in office but vindicated by history. And our new President has cast the first vote in favor of George W.

2. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    What are you talking about??? Charles Krauthammer is NOT a liberal op-ed writer. He is also well known for his ANTI Obama bias. You must not read his column very often.

3. pym

pym New Member

Leave it to you to quote a guy named "KRAUT"Hammer. The irony is palpable!
    So what should we do mit der OBAMA?......eh, goosey?

4. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    This is yet another example of Chaz's being unable to differentiate prejudice from reality.

I'm gonna assume that he saw that Krauthammer had a regular column at the WaPo and lept to the conclusion that he must be a lib. By that logic, George Will qualifies as liberal as well.

5. Wyldgusechaz

Wyldgusechaz New Member

Guilty as charged, but still its hard to argue against the truth and facts, but you guys/gals will try. Good luck.

6. Industrialsize

Albums:
    Krauthammer does not engage in truth and facts.

7. Trinity

Trinity New Member

Anyone who does not support Obama does not engage in truth and facts, according to you. Name three neoconservatives who disagree with Obama who engages in truth and facts.

8. Industrialsize

Albums:
    There are exactly ZERO.

9. Wyldgusechaz

Wyldgusechaz New Member

You seem to have a modicum of intelligence esp. for this site so you dispute his statements or again, "Thanks for playing, now run along little one."

10. Industrialsize

Albums:
    All of Krauthammer's opinion pieces can be reproduced like this:
    I'm outraged at [place something Obama has done here]. Western civilization cannot survive [place something Congress has done here]. And let me remind you [place something Democrats have done here] never happened under the Bush-Cheney Administration.

11. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    :rolleyes:

Another example of why I don't sully myself with the troglodytes that roam this area in ever-increasing number.

Not only can there be doubt, indeed there is plenty. That you would believe that just because a plausible conclusion might be drawn from a given set of conditions it must also be the only plausible conclusion is laughable.

I might take the same starting point as you and deduce the equally valid conclusion that Bush did everything (itself a remarkably stupid intensifier to use, as nothing is ever absolute nor all-encompassing) wrong with regard to national security and Obama is doing things wrong as well.

Reasonable people understand these things, and it's reflected in their discourse. I'm bored to tears with all the partisan point-scorers shouting at each other all the time. Shut the fuck up already.

12. dong20

Gold Member

To support the wordplay, and the OP's intended point (flawed as it is), shouldn't the thread title read "Bush, in Obama's clothing"?

13. midlifebear

Gold Member

I second the Hazelgod. Any time Wyldguzchaz or Starinvestor create a new thread or rant and rail in a current one, it's like being plunged back into the childish tauntings of 7th graders parroting the prejudices of their alcoholic parents.

My favorite line often used by the guzchaz is "I have written eloquently on this . . . (whatever "this" might be). When these trolls insist upon pointing out to us their above average "intelligence" (Nick666) it's immediately obvious what emotional cripples they actually are; especially when they back up their rants with non sequiturs or faulty syllogistic reasoning.

They remind me of an old acquaintance (one I've successfully avoided for several decades) who would, without provocation, announce "I am an artist!" In the eyes of her deceased parents . . . possibly, but in reality she had two left feet whenever she embarrassed herself in public with her free-form modern dance interpretations. And her attempts to paint, draw, or sing were always painful assaults upon everyone's eyes and ears. She, however, was and probably still is deluded into believing she's right up there with Picasso and Martha Graham.

Yeah, the blazing intellects of Star, guzchaz and their ilk (Nick666) are beyond tiresome. They are successes only in their individual solipsistic little universes. They are part of a larger, more pathetic group of cyber trolls who have very little to do but bask in what insignificant attention they're able to whip up by making bombastic claims just to pick arguments with others in cyber forums and gain a little attention. In short, a collection of major yawns.

I have no doubt that the appearance, intensity and rise of their rants follow the phases of the moon.

#13 midlifebear, May 24, 2009
    Last edited: May 24, 2009
  14. pym

pym New Member

I just like ta bitch slap em.......works for me. At least i can raise my game occasionally. They are, and always will be, stuck where they are. A wink is as good as a nod, to a blind horse.

15. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    You're missing a really elementary piece of the pie here, Chaz. If you are unable to differentiate between your prejudices and reality, then any topic you start will be flawed from the beginning.

HG & MLB are precisely right. You have no interest in engaging in any real discussion, you just want to throw bombs. Forgive me if I prefer not to play catch.

Thanks for playing, though.

16. sargon20

Gold Member

Poor Charles he was wrong in 2006 when he urged Obama to run (saying he would lose) and he hasn't been able to get over his miscalculation since among many other miscalculations too. So now he spends his days and nights hard at work producing Faux News.
    Run, Obama, Run!
    Winning by losing.
    October 27, 2006 12:00 AM
    By Charles Krauthammer

When just a week ago Barack Obama showed a bit of ankle and declared the mere possibility of his running for the presidency, the chattering classes swooned. Now that every columnist in the country has given him advice, here’s mine: He should run in ’08. He will lose in ’08.
    Run, Obama, Run! by Charles Krauthammer on National Review Online

17. dreamer20

Gold Member

So it should. Trust Krauthammer and Guse to get that wrong.:rolleyes:

18. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

There aren't even three neoconservatives left in this country with ANY level of respect or credibility. :rolleyes:

19. Wyldgusechaz

Wyldgusechaz New Member

Here is the problem with your argument: Pres. Obama as a candidate railed against all that he has now endorsed. He was against all of Bush's national security measures and yet finds (and I believe he has some very bright guys assisting him) that those appear to be the RIGHT things to do. He wanted to end them all but upon a thorough review he has found value in them. He was surely not going to blindly accept what he felt was wrong. Why? Because he is an exceedingly bright guy and has to change his ideas after he found that Bush was right. When he acquired a leadership position he did a 180. Case closed.

20. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

A complete 180 he says, and we still have at least 3 more years to go.
    Let's just say for now, he's run into opposition and additional obstacles. Surely, you couldn't assume that Obama was going to accomplish everything he campaigned for in just 4 months?

Draft saved Draft deleted