Charlie Sheen: Holy Shit

B_crackoff

Experimental Member
Media
Charlie Sheen will never work again

GERALDO: Charlie Sheen Will Never Work In Television Again

Oh yes he will - he's Jewish, & so are his kids

Charlie Sheen:

It's suprising & shameful that a media storm erupts, & he's sacked, over a few innocuous jibes at his boss because of conflated allegations of anti semitism, rather than locking/knocking up/about women when high as a kite.

That said, I'm sure the feet currently relieving their jackboots from him in the press, will immediately come back stamping on the "moral" high ground, that previously didn't exist to them, because they'll look a little silly if they now make it an issue of race.

Is anyone surprised that he & Sean Penn get on well? LOL.

Last edited:

elegant20

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Yeah, but Joaquin Phoenix hit rock bottom for doing that hoax crap for two years and look what happened to him. His reputation is damaged beyond repair, thanks to Casey Affleck. He was trying to be the next Borat or something, but at the end, it proved that he was not...funny. The mockumentary was a hoax either way. As for Charlie Sheen, I don't know. I think we shall something in that respect, though much more serious than the Joaquin-Cassey fiasco they had with.

Media
Charlie Sheen fired for "moral turpitude"!

That's rather ironic as his "moral turpitude" and bad boy reputation originally sold that show. As offensive as I currently find him, he seems to be winning—even bad publicity is good publicity—and he is playing the press like a cheap fiddle in a whorehouse.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Moral Turpitude clauses are in everyone's contracts from coaches to professional athletes. Julia Roberts has one in her agreement with Lancome cosmetics.
I've had one in every professional contract in the entertainment business I've ever signed. From the legal perspective it's the modern day way to say "Morals Clause."

Media
Moral Turpitude clauses are in everyone's contracts from coaches to professional athletes. Julia Roberts has one in her agreement with Lancome cosmetics.
I've had one in every professional contract in the entertainment business I've ever signed. From the legal perspective it's the modern day way to say "Morals Clause."

In general, and not specific to you, how does that impact member participation at this site?

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
In general, and not specific to you, how does that impact member participation at this site?

I'm not sure I understand your question, but referring to myself I do not use my professional name here so my activities and opinions are not dictated by this clause in a contract.

B_crackoff

Experimental Member
Media
"Moral turpitude" is so vague.

Most reality shows & their stars are sold because of it - most R&B/rap is riddled with it.

If it sells they (the major corporations) don't have a problem.

Most work contracts (well in Europe) are only concerned with criminal convictions.

They don't even teach morality in the UK, rather kids are "helped"(haha) seek their own truths - this from a country that has started listing anything vaguely racist/homophobic in children as young as 5's permanent record!

Media
I'm not sure I understand your question, but referring to myself I do not use my professional name here so my activities and opinions are not dictated by this clause in a contract.

Could involvement at this site be used as "moral turpitude" against a member even with an unrelated screen name?

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Could involvement at this site be used as "moral turpitude" against a member even with an unrelated screen name?

It could but it would greatly depend on the wording of the contract and the offense that was used for the action of the clause. In other words... general activity here I don't think could be used in the clause, but if someone posted something that they had done that was illegal (more than a misdemeanor) and it could be proven that the unnamed person was in fact the named person in the contract... then it could.

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media

This is definitely a train wreck, but several other posters did bring out some facts that seem important. I respect Carlos Estevez/Charlie Sheen's right to be "Charlie" if he so desires.

I would also tend to agree that the show itself could easily be classified as "crap" in every respect.

First the lead character is a self centered arrogant absusive skirt chasing boozing loser who it is implied lives in Malibu in a multi million dollar home overlooking the pacific ocean. He never seems to do anything for a living and it is implied that he is employed in the movie and television industry in the music field, but you are never really certain.

The character as scripted is extremely abusive and dysfunctional towards his Brother and Nephew.

Cryer's character is a whining dysfunctional cowardly doormat for not only his abusive Brother but for his self centered money motivated and abusive Mother the Real Estate Agent/Broker as well.

The fact that this show has had good ratings is but one example of how low many of our standards have become.

There are many "one-liners" or "jokes", but remember that the jokes are always at the expense of the feelings of another character, and the show does glorify and fully endorse behavior that in reality would not paint a great picture to a legitimate family counselor or member of the psychiatric profession in any manner. It makes wrong into comedy and thus look as if it is correct.

Hey, when the show goes off the air, I have a suggestion for the final script.
We need Jon Cryer's character after suffering years of abuse to go off the deep end and murder all the rest using very devious and appropriate ways to get the evil people.

Remember something, this entire plot is over 20 years old and has been done before. Back in the 1970's Joan Rivers wrote a "black comedy" as a made for TV movie. The movie was "The Girl Most Likely To. . ."

Joan Rivers is a good comedy writer and while the abuse suffered by the female lead (portrayed by Stockard Channing) is terrible, you can see why in the end she gets the ultimate revenge in the most creative of ways on all of her abusers. That was a good and funny movie.

In 2 and 1/2 they try to make the abuse itself funny. Abuse in and of itself is never funny and that is where the problem lies. Ratings or not it is a show of the lowest caliber when quality is a consideration.

I vote for either Cryer or the kid to murder all the rest of the self serving acid mouthed human dogs as an ending! Should we take a poll?

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The Government of China is mighty confused. In this piece from a Bejing newspaper they state:
"He ignored his own father's advice to keep quiet, who was once the president of the US. Sheen is a disgrace, unfilial to his father and his fatherland."

They think that the West Wing was real:(I'm not making this up)
Charlie Sheen is not filial - GlobalTimes

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The Government of China is mighty confused. In this piece from a Bejing newspaper they state:
"He ignored his own father's advice to keep quiet, who was once the president of the US. Sheen is a disgrace, unfilial to his father and his fatherland."

They think that the West Wing was real:(I'm not making this up)
Charlie Sheen is not filial - GlobalTimes

Well that's pretty funny, but during most of the Bush administration I used to watch that show and have a glass of wine and pretend that Martin Sheen was the president.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well that's pretty funny, but during most of the Bush administration I used to watch that show and have a glass of wine and pretend that Martin Sheen was the president.
That was my strategy as well.......perhaps it was also the one the Chinese Government used.....

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
That's hilarious! Thanks for the link!

The point of the article appears to be that it's okay to have mistresses and visit prostitutes or to live a wild life, just be more dignified and private about it. Have business banquets instead of parties thrown at his home, for example. :rolleyes:

The article suggests that Sheen's employers should have made visits to prostitutes a part of his workday, making it sound like that's business as usual for Chinese businessmen. :eek:

His employers are unhappy that he was distracted with prostitutes and drugs, and didn't show up to work on time. Why not take a tip from the Chinese business community, and make visits to a KTV parlor part of Sheen's workday?

Last edited:

B_crackoff

Experimental Member
Media
That's hilarious! Thanks for the link!

The point of the article appears to be that it's okay to have mistresses and visit prostitutes or to live a wild life, just be more dignified and private about it. Have business banquets instead of parties thrown at his home, for example. :rolleyes:

The article suggests that Sheen's employers should have made visits to prostitutes a part of his workday, making it sound like that's business as usual for Chinese businessmen. :eek:

Welcome to the New World!:wink: Public reticence, & private debauchery are where it's gonna be at, but having read other articles on the site - it's gender equal.

It's not for me, I can't stand KTV bars.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media

That was my strategy as well.......perhaps it was also the one the Chinese Government used.....
Me too. For one hour a week I could pretend our president was intelligent and ethical with a human heart.

It was depressing when it was cancelled to face the hard cold reality of a trained chimp in the White House.