Charlton Heston Dies at 84

scottish.47

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well put.. most that know about some detail of his politics got it from Michael Moore... which the Bowling for Columbine interview is riddled with so much crap by Moore it's hilarious... typical statistical bending, bullsh1t editing (a la the front-view rear-view camera BS).

Regardless, I've learned to ignore "artists" whom 99.9999% are completely unqualified, or no more qualified than any average joe. Just shut up... read your fucking script or playing your fucking guitar....

Most artists with a political opinion are following the flock. At least Heston walked his talk and expresses how he felt.

Ms.Teacher

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wow,

Well it looks as if Mr Heston was human. George Clooney in turn is human as well. However, I do hope his unkind words about Mr. Heston's unfortunate condition dont come back to haunt him. Alzheimers is not a joke. I pray that above all I might stay in my right mind and those I love as well.

Alzheimer's is awful, and I can't understand Clooney saying something like that. His parents or he himself could get that dreaded disease. When my mom's friend got it she was sort of okay for the first two years, but for the remainder of her life, another 8+ years, she was out of it.

She would eat if you put the food in front of her, but she needed everything else done for her. When she actually forgot how to chew and needed to go on a feeding tube, that's when things started to deteriorate rather rapidly.

Re: Heston's alleged homophobia, here's something from GayWired.com

As far as the article from that website goes, I wouldn't say he was homophobic.

The fact that it's from a gay website shows a little bias right there. He's also getting it from the "anti right to bear arms" folks and left wing websites. Heston was controversial and not politically correct, which probably wasn't easy living in politically correct, liberal Hollywood. I also think a lot of people in the "biz" resented him changing from Democrat to Republican.

Hollywood is loaded with gays, and you can't work in that industry and be homophobic when you're dealing with designers, makeup artists, writers, and assorted other gay people doing various jobs.

Reagan and some others were also considered homophobes, but I'm sure their close gay friends wouldn't think so, like Rock Hudson and Roddy McDowell.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Seems I recall Herr Reagan switching teams (from Democrat to Republican) as well. As for Mr. Chuck, he was a sweet guy who meant well, but would never consider letting gay men and women sit and eat at the metaphorical big Thanksgiving Day political table. That is homophobia.

Yeah, making fun of someone with Alzheimers is just as funny as making fun of folks with cerebral palsy or muscular dystrophy. Not in the best of taste. But Reagan, who not only switch political affiliations (after having been such a hard nosed Democrat for decades AND a Screen Actors Guild union president leader) also succumbed to Alzheimers. Maybe they were (and still are) putting something in the water flowing from the Central Valley into the Los Angeles Basin.

After all, "they walk among us."