Chat channel?

Anon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Hey guys, why not have a chat channel? Either in java script form or maybe a channel on mirc?

This community is really big and i'm sure there will be a lot of regulars. I've seen smaller sites with channels.

What do you guys think?

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
We currently have a chat group hosted by Yahoo!, but it doesn't get a whole lot of traffic. I see people in there on occasion, but it's strange; nobody really talks. I know I've tried to get a conversation going and no one responds, so I don't stick around.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Same here, Dee.

Perhaps somebody should set up at specific time for everyone to meet and chat.

*feels like he's being stared at*

Don't look at me!

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
But I thought that didn't go over so well because we're all in different time zones? Granted, you can usually find at least one person on there any time you log in, but that still doesn't help get the conversation flowing.

I guess what I'm getting at is... yo, why are we all so shy?

My only guess (and it's not even all that educated, come to think of it) is that there's a difference between reading people statically on here (i.e. their posts, seeing their photos) and then having the opportunity to read people dynamically on the Web (i.e. through chat, IMs, etc.).

I remember reading a few threads in which everyone posted their AIM or Yahoo screen names. If the little indicator thing is lit up (which might not work rather well, honestly), I send a shout. "Yoooooo! What's upppppp?!" Even if the other person isn't online, s/he'll get the message eventually... but I get no response.

Maybe we're shy?

Heh. I don't know why. We've done all but literally drop our pants in front of each other ('cept those few that do cam-to-cam shows). We've discussed each other's bits almost exhaustively, and it's that hard to say "Hello?" Ha ha.

Come on. Let's chat if we're in a chat room, ok?

blacksnake: I work nights and I'm on the eastcoast, so I'm usually on-line after 4am est. I'm always willing to chat, since everyone here is asleep at that time. Lol! I'm usually wide awke.