Chat users helped kill dad of 2

bobabooey69

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What do you mean, there's no way they could have known? He told them he wanted to kill himself! How much more do you need to know, really?

To be fair most people that say they want to kill themselves only do so for the attention. The majority of suicides come from people that never say a peep.

hotguy8884

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think he was going to kill himself anyway. For some reason, now a days, people can't just slit their wrists alone in the tub.. Nope, they have to make headlines.

It's a cry for help that came too late. If someone is in so much of a rut that suicide is their only answer, they probably don't have many people in their lives that truly, deeply care for them, and that are there whenever they are needed. That's why people make a big scene while committing suicide, especially those school shooters that take umpteen lives before their own. It's just their way of saying "I was alone and none of you were there for me, this is what you get for that."

As for the people 'egging him on,' I think the emotional damage they suffered from watching someone hang themselves and not being able to do anything about it is punishment enough. You can't really give them too much fault, because I really think he would have done the deed on his own time, but it's sad it had to happen that way.

Rob <3

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
Poet Geothe wrote a book called THE SORROWS OF YOUNG WERTHER, which was about a young romantic fool who killed himself out of love.

So other people did the same. Copycat suicides. It was a new thing, caused by a novel.

I think it is a shame that people who are dealing with raw emotions can get on line and try to chat out their problems, type in the wrong word or two and be browbeaten by viscous immature creatures claiming to be people.

I feel this will happen again. As the technology improves, it will become a bigger problem.

GingerOwen

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Strange things happen online - I was talking to a guy online a few years ago who, having mentioned that he enjoyed 'breathcontrol', without any warning of what was to come without, suddenly, to my horror, whipped out a plastic bag, placed it over his face, attached a belt around his throat (all in a second) and proceeded to try to knock himself out.

Highly dangerous - fortunately, and sorry to b graphic, he came very quickly, undid the belt and whipped off the bag - and seemed fine.

I was terrified - and felt powerless to intervene - and immediately resolved not to get into anything like that scenario again, which I have kept ever since!

Not suicide, of course, but could have been fatal ....

Ummm ....

Gogiboy1

Just Browsing
Media
Gang, knowing a few people who have killed themselves, and in some of those cases, it really isn't known if it was intentional or accidental as pills were involved, as in the case of Heath Ledger, it may have been an accidental death. When people talk about killing themselves, either they are just crying out for help, OR, they don't do it right away, they are waiting see if someone cares enough to reach out to them and LISTEN, and hear them out. We will NEVER know what his REAL frame of mind was, at that time, but I can say this much...ALL THE GOADING and ENCOURAGING him to do it was just STUPID and without ANY thought to what his TRUE frame of mind was at that time. NEVER, EVER, take anyones depression or talk of suicide as a JOKE, or ACT, they may not do it then, but it could happen eventually. Take it SERIOUSLY, and if you have any inkling that they may do it, contact the website or the police and get help to them. God made us ALL HUMAN BEINGS with a CONSCIENCE, (I HOPE), before God made it possible to create the internet...USE YOUR HEAD FIRST...PLEASE. This was a tragedy that need not have happened. In addition, whatever your belief on people who may commit or even contemplate suicide, DO NOT JUDGE them, not everyone is built the same emotionally, and our emotional limits and abilities to deal with some problems we encounter in life,no matter how large or small they may seem to others, always remember we are all different, and may need to hear or see that someone, even a stranger CARES!

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Well If I am on webchat with you and out of the blue I tell you that I am going to hang myself... What is the next thing you are going to type: LOL or start dialing 911? You are going to automatically assume that I am kidding. The actual act of committing suicide takes less than a couple of minutes and by the time these viewers on the webcam realized what was going on they were 1) too in shock to immediately react and 2) it was already too late, no emergency services would have made it there in time.

You are wrong, sir. After having a brother commit suicide, I don't fuck around when people tell me they want to die. If you assume someone is joking when they tell you that they want to end their lives, then that sounds like your own personal problem... not mine.

findfirefox

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You are wrong, sir. After having a brother commit suicide, I don't fuck around when people tell me they want to die. If you assume someone is joking when they tell you that they want to end their lives, then that sounds like your own personal problem... not mine.

I'm with you there, the last someone on MSN joked with me on MSN I called 911 and MSN, the cops ended up there within the hour. They called me back and said he wasn't going to kill himself and it was supposed to be "funny".

Funny my ass.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm with you there, the last someone on MSN joked with me on MSN I called 911 and MSN, the cops ended up there within the hour. They called me back and said he wasn't going to kill himself and it was supposed to be "funny".

Funny my ass.

I hear ya! Hopefully it was annoying enough to him to not "joke" again.

frizzle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual

Not many people have gone through your tragedy though. Alot will assume it's just some sick joke and the majority of the time they will be right and not waste police time. Besides, if you did call the police or emergency service, by the time they reace the house the person in question will be long dead. The most you can try and do is try and reach some type of reasonable conclusion, hopefully with said person not in a body bag.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks NJ. I think men are especially closeted about thier depression. I am not ashamed to say that I have depression, but it's not really easy for me to hide anyway. I agree about the discussion groups. They have done me more harm than good with my anxious depression.
Oh good, I thought it was just me that didn't get anything out of those places. :tongue: I think the people that frequent depression chat groups are the people for whom the phrase, "misery loves company" was invented.[/quote]
You are way too hot to be in hotlanta. Come to Ottawa. It's nice and cold here
You are so sweet; but I'm afraid I'd melt the polar ice cap if I got that close to it. :wink:

Poet Geothe wrote a book called THE SORROWS OF YOUNG WERTHER, which was about a young romantic fool who killed himself out of love. So other people did the same. Copycat suicides. It was a new thing, caused by a novel.
New? Isn't that pretty much the story of Romeo and Juliet.:rolleyes:

I think it is a shame that people who are dealing with raw emotions can get on line and try to chat out their problems, type in the wrong word or two and be browbeaten by viscous immature creatures claiming to be people.
I don't know what's causing it but a huge chunk of the population has no respect for human life, feelings, or property. :confused: These people often look normal on the outside; but morally and ethically it's as if they were feral children raised by wolves. :12:

I feel this will happen again. As the technology improves, it will become a bigger problem.
I fear you are correct. :frown1:

I'm with you there, the last time someone on MSN joked with me on MSN I called 911 and MSN, the cops ended up there within the hour. They called me back and said he wasn't going to kill himself and it was supposed to be "funny".
Funny my ass.
I used to chat with a young man here who was going through a very dark and difficult time at home and school. One night he threatened suicide if Problem X was not resolved in 24 hours. I immediately PM'd the mods and recv'd a prompt reply that there was nothing they could do to stop him as they didn't have the required information such as his location to do so. :frown1:

It made me feel like a bit of an alarmist at first contacting them; but knew if I did nothing and he really did kill himself I would feel worse. I would do the same thing again even if it made me look stupid or naive; because you just never know.

Where is this chatroom? I want to go!
Oh shut up already, and go here, http://www.smallpenishumiliation.org/