Chatroom?

How many members actually use the chatroom feature on the site?

• I do

Votes: 47 79.7%
  • I dont.

Votes: 12 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
Occasionally.

Honestly, most of it is people whacking off on cam, other dudes saying "you're huge!!!" to those people and inside conversations between people who've been frequenting it for years and are good friends.

If I go there and try to chat, I usually recognize two or three people (which is great) but typically most attempts at any type of meaningful conversation fall flat in the face of "look at how huge so-and-so's donger is!!!!" or "why are you trying to talk about that (movie, tv show, news item, etc) here?!?!"

It's cool that some people love it and have personal relationships over it. But it's fairly insular, it doesn't feel friendly, and unless you're waving around a huge wiener or have a set of tits on you, good luck.

Ugh perfectly describes my experience too.

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
hey,

is "mostly my own guilt keeping from chat" is that something you feel comfortable sharing?
It's basically what I've already said. I feel guilty when others are allowing me to view their camera (see their face etc.) and get nothing in return. Also, when people I like ask me to go on cam, I can't. I have the old (commonly dishonest) excuse that, "...my camera isn't working." Actually, it's more of a driver issue I'm too lazy to fix. Especially as the camera isn't very good to begin with. I downgraded my operating system and the built-in camera stopped working. *Enters rant mode.* Usually, you can find the needed driver(s) online. But, in my case - the lovely people at Sony couldn't be bothered to provide support for my model of laptop. So, an epic web-wide search began. All for information/software that should be freely available on their website. Without any luck, I tried installing the driver nearest to my model. It worked! (Until I plugged headphones in and promptly discovered sound was coming from both the external speakers and the headphones, simultaneously.) I fixed it, after much effort. *Leaves rant mode.* So, yes - that's why I'm in no hurry to deal with the webcam issue.

ScotRandom

Cherished Member
Media
A Galaxy Far Far Away, LPSG, KIK & Fab Swingers. A
Sexuality
No Response
I started with Chat/Cams & then discovered Blogs/Forums.
Each have their pros & cons, offering something different for a variety of Members.
What has disturbed me is perceiving a kind of negative Them & Us attitude in this. Why does it have to seem like the Site has two tribes about to go to war with each other?
I suspect the original post was designed for other purposes & not the "my Dad is bigger than your Dad (feel free to substitute the word 'dick') debate it appears to be taking.
If people want to go get some instant gratification then they'll use the Chat/Cams area. If they want to read, get into something a little more cerebral then its the Blogs/Forums.
Each area is there to attend to different wants & needs.
What does seem apparent is that the choice is down to each individual User. So use the areas as such & enjoy people.