Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hey Everyone - I am planning a trip to Sydney, Australia in 3 weeks and I am looking for some cheap tickets. Does anyone know any sites or airlines that offers pretty cheap airfare? I have tried Expedia and Cheaptickets and they are all pretty cheap... I just want to look around some more.

Also does anyone request any good airlines? I have been looking into Qantas.

If anyone has any ideas that would be great. :biggrin1:
Thanks

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Since you live in Colorado, I'm assuming that you will be flying out of Denver, Check United, it's a hub for them and you would most likely fly from Denver to LA to Sydney!

mattbuddy

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Yah - I will most likely fly from Denver to SF or LA then to Sydney...I even found one from AIR CANADA that was fly from here to Vancouver to Sydney and it was really cheap.

koval

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The only great payoff of my job is that If flights are over six hours I can book business and I have so many miles now, I use them to upgrade on most flights and keep enough around for two RT's a year!

CALAMBO

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
if you find a good time/place/rate...take it...you will not find it tomorrow...i find sometimes booking direct w/carrier is better than a re-seller of travel...and you know who you are doing business with...

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Priceline.com

Orbitz.com

Travelocity.com

You will want to look on the individual carriers websites also as they have deals sometimes that nobody else has and if your schedule is open, try a day or two before/after your original departure intentions as the price difference can be substantial sometimes, same thing with the return flight.

For a carrier, look at booking through a domestic carrier if possible and sign up for the miles program. That way you have more choices for redeeming your miles later (American Airlines code shares with Qantas btw).

Last edited:

Yonkers

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Say away from Qantas. They've had major troubles with their planes since they outsourced their maintenance in the last 6 months. I refuse to use them and have done for many years.

I regularly fly LAX - SYD with United and never had a problem. Have also flown with Air Canada as well.

The best airline I've flown with is Singapore, but they don't do direct flights between LAX & SYD. You go via Singapore with them.

Yonkers.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Take a look at Traverus.com and see if they have any travel deals.

I just booked a hotel room on Priceline.com and saved about $200 per night on a hotel in Washington, DC. That was the first time I've ever used Priceline to name my own price--I thought it was pretty good.