Cheaters

B_bigbanana

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
After the age requirement violation in women's gymnastics by the Chinese team it REALLY makes me wonder how much more of the other golds they have won have been...well...truly won. The Chinese have been known to play unfair in previous events from other Olympics. And they are Communist so that just proves my point. Your comments, please.:smile:

B_bigbanana

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
OK, regardless if they are Communist or not...they are still cheating at the world's most important 'get-together' for sport. Plus, they are cheating out other athletes who have worked so hard only to see their hope crushed.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Nadia comanech was 14 when she got the very first perfect 10.

So what?

Used to be illegal for pro-basket ballers to play... now its legal...

IF the best gymnast in the world is 14, 15 or 16- who cares?
If the olympics isn't about the best athletes....then what the heck is it?

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
yes-- but the rules are entirely arbitrary... one year its okay to be 14 the next its not... one year its not okay to be professional, now it is okay...

I find it hard to get any outrage going over an event that hands out medals just as golden for synchronized swimming.

Its little more than a commercial enterprise.... and the athletes are hoping to cash in on endorsement deals...

Wth that kind of money at stake... of course people will cheat.

Hell... Dad's cheat in the Cub Scouts pine wood derby and there's NO money in that at all...

Go ahead... take her medal away... it won't make whatever older girl they give it to a better gymnast. She'll be number one on a technicality...

B_bigbanana

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Geez...I'm not talking about just the age thing. They plain cheated to get ahead. They broke the rules. Regardless if the rule changes NEXT time. THIS time they cheated.
So now I question the full gold medal count on China. Because they have NEVER had this much gold in the Olympics before; not even close. I don't think it is 'irony'.

Last edited:
Media
It definitely was not irony, and I also say they cheated their way up. I saw most of the events and can safely say that the judges sometimes would make or not make calls if it benefited China. In Tae Kwon Do, a fighter from Venezuela clearly scored a multiple time but never received any points.

As far as the woman's gymnastics go, a girl who is younger than 16 (14 in He Kexin's case) has a balance and weight advantage. With the body of a prepubescents girl, Kexin doesn't have to worry about unnecessary top weight, bottom weight, or previous corporal injuries caused by participating in multiple events.

In any case, with the few events that I witness, there was a palpable bias.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Geez...I'm not talking about just the age thing. They plain cheated to get ahead. They broke the rules. Regardless if the rule changes NEXT time. THIS time they cheated.
So now I question the full gold medal count on China. Because they have NEVER had this much gold in the Olympics before; not even close. I don't think it is 'irony'.

:confused: Do you even know what irony means?

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Countries that host these huge events always get favourable judgement calls. Its a huge perk gifted for hosting the event. Do you think America didnt win a load of extra golds for similar reasons when theyve hosted the Olympics? Hell yes! How many judges were swayed by those very loud & vocal USA audiences? The Chinese put on a spectacular show & paid a ridiculous $45 million to do so. (London's spending about $18 mill) They also seem like really sweet people, politicians aside. I dont begrudge them a few extra gold medals. As for the age rules, I agree that the rules need changing. If a 12 year old is the best in the world then they should be crowned as such.

B_bigbanana

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
He must be American.
I'm talking about principle. Not which nationality I am. It is clear that China cheated. Cheaters never prosper and so therefore China will continue to live in smog and human rights limitations.
If the rules keep changing then what is the point of having rules??? Without clear boundaries or rules set up people just get lost and/or confused because they have nothing to go off of. So it becomes a free for all and then there is no honor whatsoever in winning.
I think China is desperate in trying to 'win' or show-off that Communism works, BUT that is like stuffing your pants when there is really nothing there but a 2incher.

Last edited:

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Don't worry the college football season & the NFL starts in a couple of weeks, MLB is still going on. Then we'll have real sports to watch again.

Media
yes-- but the rules are entirely arbitrary... one year its okay to be 14 the next its not... one year its not okay to be professional, now it is okay...

I find it hard to get any outrage going over an event that hands out medals just as golden for synchronized swimming.

Its little more than a commercial enterprise.... and the athletes are hoping to cash in on endorsement deals...

Wth that kind of money at stake... of course people will cheat.

Hell... Dad's cheat in the Cub Scouts pine wood derby and there's NO money in that at all...

Go ahead... take her medal away... it won't make whatever older girl they give it to a better gymnast. She'll be number one on a technicality...

Gosh, your argument really bothers me. So, we shouldn't have ANY rules at all because........well........because someone cheats at pinewood derby? I think the thing that bothers me the most is that the country of China cheated. The host country. They purposely and knowingly broke the rules to get their girls a medal. Yes, individuals cheat, and that is not good. But you cannot point to bad behavior to justify other bad behavior.

Media
Countries that host these huge events always get favourable judgement calls. Its a huge perk gifted for hosting the event. Do you think America didnt win a load of extra golds for similar reasons when theyve hosted the Olympics? Hell yes! How many judges were swayed by those very loud & vocal USA audiences? The Chinese put on a spectacular show & paid a ridiculous $45 million to do so. (London's spending about $18 mill) They also seem like really sweet people, politicians aside. I dont begrudge them a few extra gold medals. As for the age rules, I agree that the rules need changing. If a 12 year old is the best in the world then they should be crowned as such.

Perhaps, and there can be an argument for that. However, if we do not enforce the existing rules then we have anarchy.

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
Gosh, your argument really bothers me. So, we shouldn't have ANY rules at all because........well........because someone cheats at pinewood derby? I think the thing that bothers me the most is that the country of China cheated. The host country. They purposely and knowingly broke the rules to get their girls a medal. Yes, individuals cheat, and that is not good. But you cannot point to bad behavior to justify other bad behavior.

They didn't break any rules to get medals for the people they entered. They did, admittedly, break rules to get their nation's best into the games. But from there, anything else was the doing of the judging panel.