Cheaters

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by bbblowme, Sep 25, 2008.

1. bbblowme

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    So recently my ex went back with her ex boyfriend. She cheated on him with me. I think this guy is crazy right...........she cheated on him with me, she cheated on her boyfriend before that with him, and before that the same deal.

I for one am never getting back with her..............well maybe for a bootycall or two but as far as being "together" never gonna happen right.

Has anyone ever went back with someone that cheated on them? Why? Did it work out?

My girlfriend back in "highschool" cheated on me and I went and got back "together" with her, but that was in highschool.

25 now and wiser :wink:

If this topic bombs we can always post nudes.............

2. D_N Flay Table

D_N Flay Table New Member

Monogamy is tough. it is not in our nature.
    I guess we can just do the best we can :)

3. JBisme

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    it is dedication to the principles of relationships that keeps me from cheating

4. 8060

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    As far as I know, I've never been cheated on. Furthermore, I've never cheated on anyone that I was in a relationship with. Some people have that 'extra' in them that allows them to juggle more than one relationship at a time. I don't have that. I can only do one at a time. I would never go back to anyone that cheated on me for any reason. Hell would probably freeze over before anyone that cheated on me got the chance to get me in the bed again.

5. B_am12388

B_am12388 New Member

I've been cheated on. More than once, and it's really the worse feeling in the world. I have never cheated on anyone before, I would never intend to. People who cheat make me sick, and I don't know how they could live with themselves afterwards.

6. Principessa

Gold Member

BF#1 Cheated on me and I dumped him, no regrets, no going back
    BF#2 Cheated on me and I idiotically took him back. Biggest stupidest mistake of my life. Never again.

Correction - Monogamy is not in your nature. A great many of us have no problem loving one person at a time and not cheating. :cool:

7. killerb

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    DITTO!

I feel exactly the same way

QFT

8. JamieBoy

JamieBoy New Member

Hear, hear.

9. OhButYes

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    i'm currently exploring working things out w/ my GF who cheated on me. i have no expectations either way and can say there is A LOT of hurt/healing/anger/resentment that needs to be overcome for me to be okay with all of it, and i'm not sure that it's possible. time will tell i guess.

i don't regret my decision, nor will i regardless of whether we make it or not. it's not for everyone but it's right for me...........for right now. i do know this, it is my decision whether we stay together or not and i'm being blatantly honest with her, and most importantly myself, about that. there's a lot of "reality checking" involved internally for me on a daily basis, that is for sure. not an easy road, and not one that i'm sure i'll stay on or not.

there's a lot of me that thinks that it won't work out........if anything, i got my freedom back and i'm not sure i want to let it go all over again. anyway, there's my scenario that's related to the thred.

10. bguy

bguy Member

As the saying goes, 'If they'll cheat with you, they'll cheat on you.'

11. Principessa

Gold Member

Honey don't waste your time on her! I can tell you right now it's gonna crash and burn because it always does. All of that hurt, healing, anger and resentment that you know you need to do you need to do so that you can move on to love somebody who is worthy of your love. This woman is not and never will be.

AMEN! You are so right. A leopard doesn't change it's stripes.

12. got_lost

Gold Member

I can understand the desire to take someone back after they've cheated.

When you're in a relationship and you're cheated on you've had the rug pulled out from underneath you, as it were and have gone from loving someone to not knowing what to think in one fair swoop.

By getting back together you can gain some control back and work out your feelings for that person and the rift they have caused and then even be the one to end it. Knowing you have done the best for yourself in reducing the 'trauma' for you and for the relationship.

Maybe for me I just prefer closure. That being where I decide to walk out the door and pull the door tightly behind me, rather than having it slammed in my face! :rolleyes:

Reduces the bitterness and resentment in the future too.

Just my opinion, mind. Don't think I've been cheated on.

13. meerin

meerin New Member

Maybe with someone who cheated because of a reason, that they understood it was wrong and were truly sorry. But she sounds like a serial cheater and I doubt she'll be monogamous.

14. bbblowme

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Well she did try to end it for weeks with him. They were living together. He has a vehicle with a loan in her and his name. He wouldn't leave or give up and she constantly pursued me. We went out three times in these three weeks and never had sex. Like I said we had worked together for the past year and a half 2. So her having to talk to him about car payment every month and what not was kind of tough. Not for me. I didn't care if she talked to him. I never thought they would hook back up with all the shit she talked about him. Hard to get over someone completely when you have to still talk to them. That is why she quit when they hooked back up. He was constantly worried about her talking to me and I guess she really did think nothing of me because she hasn't called in three weeks and I'm not about to call her and stir up drama between me, her, or them twos "relationship". Her birthday is in a few days and even though I still think of her every day and miss her companionship terribly I can't call.

SHit sucks, but eventually I'll lose these feelings for her..............i hope

I've always been monogamous any time I have been with someone. I was just me at work, nice, sweet, and I have my good looks going for me. I never planned on being a home wrecker and don't look at this like it is my fault at all. The only part I feel guilty about is not trying to get her to change her mind about getting back together with him.

#14 bbblowme, Sep 28, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2008
  15. OhButYes

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    ^^pretty much describes my situation............not that there is any reason that is justified

16. MuscledHorse

MuscledHorse Well-Known Member

Albums:
    So that's where they got the plot for Susan's character on Desperate Housewives the first couple seasons.

17. cacco777

cacco777 New Member

I'm not sure what constitutes cheating. For me having a date and checking what's out there is not exactly being involved with someone else.

They had problems, and she wanted to move on but she didn't want to go too fast. Maybe she still had feelings for the other guy. So, she didn't want to go all the way with you, and held back a bit. I don't know how far your dates went, but from the sound of it she wasn't ready for you yet.

I had far more complicated relationships than this. My ex girlfriend had sex with me, while she was flirting with her current boyfriend. They weren't together yet, but she was desperately after him. Now for me, what my ex did is more of a cheating.

18. dynamixcoder

dynamixcoder New Member

i had a fiance which i caught cheating in plain sight so i started dating this one person and told her what i was doing so we waited for her to come home and once she pulled in to our apt i had my new g/f hop on the table and i pushed into her and she walked in to the sight of my new girlfriend moaning and me slamming her.

i believe an eye for an eye and a cheat for a cheat...

btw yes this is true and she cried.

last time i saw her too.... she deserved it...

Mr.winkie 7 3/4 inches

19. BiggMac

BiggMac New Member

Albums:
    Sorry for changing the subject a little but I need some advice. The topic is still in the same ballpark so rather than start a new thread and add to the chaos, I'm just going to tack it on here...

So is cheating on your partner if they are cheating on you just as bad? That is pretty much the summary of the following rant. So say you are about 80-90% sure your partner is cheating on you, but that doesn't bother you for whatever reason. As a defense mechanism or misguided emotions you decide to do the same. Just to give a little more context to the situation, I am involved in this because I was asked this question earlier this week. In addition to that, I think the reason why I was asked was so that I could give the green light and be the meat on the side kind of deal. I already have zero interest about being my friend's meat popsicle since I have no intentions of being a cheater in my relationship, but what should I say about the overall situation. I'm friends with both, but much closer to the one who asked me for advice. Should I discourage the cheating since it might put me in an awkward position? Is it really that bad to cheat on a cheater?

Any advice is appreciated.

Draft saved Draft deleted