Cheating Relationship

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by rodevon10, Dec 24, 2007.

1. rodevon10

rodevon10 Member

Do I cheat because I'm unhappy in my relationship or am I unhappy in my relationship because I cheat?? DISCUSS.............

2. vinorojo

vinorojo New Member

There are so many reasons for cheating. One reason for cheating may have nothing to do with your satisfaction or disatisfaction with your relationship -- it may simply have to do with one's percieved entitlement to multiple partners. Are you unhappy in your relationship, leading you to cheat ? Or is the cheating causing you guilt which affects your relationship ?

3. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

Unhappy because you cheat!

Sure the person you cheat with may make you happy but when you go home to your partner, look them in the eye and lie to them... Surely you can not be happy about that feeling it gives you

Im a firm believer of if you aren't happy im a relationship then leave, but don't use unhappiness as a justification and as a means to make yourself happy, especially if it is going to make your partner unhappy

4. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

I am guessing that you already know the answer, and want some reassurance and justification...

Without knowing more about the situation, and given the choices you listed, I would say "unhappy because you cheat."

But my first answer would have been "you cheat because you are selfish."

5. Osiris

Gold Member

Complex answer?

YES!

DC_Deep is right. You know the answer, you are looking for validation. I have had three exes do the same to me. This is all to familiar ground.

6. jack65

jack65 New Member

Hello

I've have seen at lest 3 people that are some what close to me do the "I'm unhappy so i can cheat" thing all with bad results.

Two of them started new relationships with the people they cheated with and both are unsteady at the moment because they can not fully trust each other, they all ways fight about who they talk to and where they were at some time of the day,it's crazy really. because of the way they stared out together they never really trust each other!

The other is still cheating which just brings down his whole family every time she finds out.

I'd say if your unhappy and can't work it out then leave.

Thank You.

7. Primal_Savage

Primal_Savage New Member

Albums:
    As a hedonist (not to mention exhibitionist) , guess it's a matter of maximizing my total pleasure and not so much being unhappy in any of relationships that I've had.

8. Kimahri

Gold Member

Albums:
    As has been said before, you probably know the answer to your question. I've cheated because I was unhappy and thought finding someone else would make me feel better. That was not the case. Then I was unhappy and felt guilty.

My current relationship started because my bf was cheating on his bf at the time. Nothing has been good so far. There is mistrust. Mostly on my side towards him.

My suggestion..stop cheating. Establish why you did it and find a constructive way to address it and do it. Cheating is a habit. You get a thrill from doing it. You don't want to find "the guy" and end up cheating on him because of that feeling.

Just what I think.

9. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Being a hedonist has nothing to do with it.

If you feel that you must have sex with multiple partners, you should either avoid being in a relationship, or find a partner who is of a like mindset. Being in an open relationship is one thing; cheating on someone who trusts you is selfish, and a shitty thing to do to another person.

10. B_Italian1

B_Italian1 New Member

I don't know how anyone can be in a loving relationship with someone and cheat on them. It's the ultimate betrayal of the other person's love. And if you get involved with someone who's in a relationship that is just as bad. You are contributing to another person's infidelity. It's ugly any way you look at it.

Only you know the answer to that. But the more complications you have in your life, the more likely you are to be unhappy. And doing something behind a loved ones back can get very complicated.

11. swordfishME

swordfishME Member

Yes this is a complex answer. Depends on why you are cheating in the first place. If you are not capable of being with just one person it is best to lelt the other party in the relationship know from the get go; that way you are not unhappy in the relationship either way. If both parties to a relationship agree that one party cannot just make do with one sexual partner than the relationship is much better and lot less unhappy.

12. green carnation

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    in a generic nutshell: we cheat because because we are unhappy...with ourselves

13. dreamer20

Gold Member

You need to tell us why you cheat and then it can be discussed.:rolleyes:

14. B_icem

B_icem New Member

its ok...she's probably cheating on you too....

Draft saved Draft deleted