Check it.

ihatemylife

Just Browsing
Media
Today, Bristol-Myers Squibb, the pharmaceutical monolith that charges nearly $1,000 for a 30 day supply of one of its HIV/AIDS medications, is donating $1 to the National AIDS Fund for each person who simply visits their website and "virtually lights a candle." The tally was over a million when I lit my candle!

Please, please take a minute to "light a candle":

Light To Unite

This really will take just a second!! Do it to it!

brain

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
...still it's pennies to them though isnt it. The cynic in me says its more of a publicity stunt to show that they "care" and so you buy their expisive drugs in future. I could be wrong though and they are genuinly tryng to make an effort (they could just make a one off donation rather than a ploy to get more people on their web site...)

(i still clicked the candle though :D )

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Especially when their donation is limited to $100,000 USD, per the disclaimer. :rolleyes:

... in which case, any further candlelighting is moot.

ihatemylife said:
the pharmaceutical monolith that charges nearly $1,000 for a 30 day supply of one of its HIV/AIDS medications

In other words, given what they charge, they're oh-so-very-generously giving enough to support the needs of just two people per state, for just one month.

I nominate them for the world's tiniest sainthood.

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
... in which case, any further candlelighting is moot.

In other words, given what they charge, they're oh-so-very-generously giving enough to support the needs of just two people per state, for just one month.

I nominate them for the world's tiniest sainthood.

Yeah, they're providing 8.3 people with a year's supply of meds. WOW... out of the MILLIONS of people with HIV in the world, 8.3 of them will be touched by BMS's "generosity."

I'm so impressed. *yawn*