Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I went to sign on earlier this morning, to find the board down. MSN search came up with a whole bunch of other LPSG links, including things from the old board (three or four incanations ago), but this really caught my attention.

http://forums.politicsla.com/archive/index.php/t-9703.html

I fell over laughing when I read the thread.

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Unregistered said:
06-30-2005, 09:54 AM
The mystery has been solved and put to rest at lpsg.org. DoubleMeatWhopper is a teacher and wrestling coach and PonyPete was his student, but NOT in Jena. In fact, not even in LaSalle parish. Exactly in which actual parish was not made known, but I have my suspicions based on chat with DMW. He obviously knows the area. I'd be willing to bet on Catahoula or Winn or possibly Concordia. Anyway PonyPete graduated this year and apparently nothing inappropriate transpired between the two of them. They just happened to both be members of the same online forum. No big deal.

Haha. A lot of posters here think they are smarter then they really are. DoubleMeatWhopper is no exception.

08-30-2004, 06:27 PM
Replies: 19
Unwanted Boner
Views: 3,203
Posted By PonyPete

hate to break it to ya mr. N but the size of your crotch is already a subject of speculation at school. what can you expect? this is jena, louisiana

PonyPete said:
Size runs in my family. My dad and brothers are all packing large tools. Maybe it runs in my town. We have quite a few well hung students at my school and at least one particularly well hung teacher....

PonyPete said:
And I understood every word. I guess that's why I'm getting A's in Mr. N's English class. I wish my physics and trig teachers explained shit as well. That's where I'm having trouble. Everyone has his forte.

Dear God.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Dr. Dilznick said:
Haha. A lot of posters here think they are smarter then they really are. DoubleMeatWhopper is no exception.

Everyone thinks he is smarter than he actually is. That goes for English teachers as well as embittered psych students who take it upon themselves to launch an ill-conceived personal 'investigation' without all the salient details. And forum members who assume they can discern the 'truth' from circumstantial lack of evidence often manifest the symptoms of that delusion. People who actually need to know the whole truth will find it out without digging.

What surprises is me is that anyone outside of LPSG is interested in what was discussed in that forum. Nothing scandalous happened, or was even hinted at.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
DoubleMeatWhopper said:
Everyone thinks he is smarter than he actually is. That goes for English teachers as well as embittered psych students who take it upon themselves to launch an ill-conceived personal 'investigation' without all the salient details. And forum members who assume they can discern the 'truth' from circumstantial lack of evidence often manifest the symptoms of that delusion. People who actually need to know the whole truth will find it out without digging.

What surprises is me is that anyone outside of LPSG is interested in what was discussed in that forum. Nothing scandalous happened, or was even hinted at.

Poor generalization seguing into another of your veiled threats, Jacinto? I thought we buried the hatchet, sweet boy. Well, I'm at least thankful that you didn't outright accuse me of notifying news officials and writing letters to teachers...

Either way, I laughed my ass off when I followed Monty's link. I was very surprised as well to know that some real folks living in that parish caught wind of what was going on around here. And -- well, this doesn't surprise me one bit, actually -- the same sorts of concerns were floating about there. Is it a violation of professional ethics for a teacher and a student to converse on a message board, especially on a sensitive and risque topic like the male penis? Once someone willingly puts information out about themselves on the Internet, what privileges exist regarding contact and investigation? What is legitimate or what is not? Is the Internet truly representative of the population?

If the world's smallest instrument is playing piteously just for you, does it have to be a violin? I prefer something synthesized or maybe even a good drum bass line.

But, I'm gonna say it again -- you're the only one responsible for putting your good name out there, J., and I'm obviously not the only one wondering if you're half of what you say you are. That's your burden, man. Deal.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
The only reason I posted that link after it came up when LPSG was down and MSN did an automatic search, was that we all need to be careful if we are in positions that deal with children, students or other professional situations in which something like this could compromise our careers.

It goes to show that LPSG is not just a happy little family, it's far reaching. Many people warned DMW and Pony Pete about their interaction on here and then on a Louisiana bulletin board, look what pops up. Yeah Pony Pete knew what he was doing, but what if DMW gave him a bad grade or something, this would have been a perfect opportunity for Pete to get DMW in trouble. Some body trolling the Louisiana board could easily have sent the state education board a link, too, and gotten DMW in a lot of trouble. We can never be too careful.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Thanks for the heads-up, Monty. The link does not work for me for some strange reason (seems that the Googl Cached version has the thread while the live site does not...Hmmm...). Probably for the best.

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Lex said:
Thanks for the heads-up, Monty. The link does not work for me for some strange reason (seems that the Googl Cached version has the thread while the live site does not...Hmmm...).
Somehow the thread was deleted after "Unregistered90210" (Dee) posted this:

Unregistered90210 said:
12-10-2005

Unregistered said:
The mystery has been solved and put to rest at lpsg.org. DoubleMeatWhopper is a teacher and wrestling coach and PonyPete was his student, but NOT in Jena. In fact, not even in LaSalle parish. Exactly in which actual parish was not made known, but I have my suspicions based on chat with DMW. He obviously knows the area. I'd be willing to bet on Catahoula or Winn or possibly Concordia. Anyway PonyPete graduated this year and apparently nothing inappropriate transpired between the two of them. They just happened to both be members of the same online forum. No big deal.
I just adore how the mystery has been solved just like that when it ran on contemplated for at least three web pages. Seems that whoever you are, you were "privileged" enough to go straight to the source ("DMW") to get exactly the informaiton you need, although it strikes me as odd that the very guy you're questioning seems to give you conclusive proof that he exists as is. Reader way back when had me thinkin', wow, someone else notices that this Pete guy writes extraordinarily well in verse then chides himself as a dumb hick in other posts. Almost as well as the coach. In fact, TOO similar.

I just hope that you take this info with a grain of salt. It's compelling, sure, but no more than that and certainly not proven. But maybe that's my job to doubt things. I'm a scientist type.
*continues to continue to watch the continuing of the continuing continue*

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This one had me in tears:

PonyPete said:
Mr. N might be reluctant about announcing this here, but he won the award as "Most Popular Teacher" by the seniors this year. There are several reason why you got it. You're the youngest teacher we have, so you're not really that much older than us. You're a great athlete. Being good-looking doesn't exactly lose votes among the girls. You are harder than we expected, but you have patience and even the slowest to catch on in class knows you won't make him out to be stupid. You're enthusiastic about what you do. You make time for students and are available to arrange tutoring for those who need it. You got the whole class past the proficiency test, and we never thought that would happen. The fact that you're gay doesn't really bother any but a very few students. I knew that you were gay because of reading your posts here, but it doesn't affect my admiration. We need more teachers like you who care about the students. Anyone who criticises you and the job you've done this year simply because you're gay can kiss my skinny, lily-whiteass. I don't think I've ever said this to a teacher before, but :yourock: !

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
DeeBlackthorne said:
Poor generalization seguing into another of your veiled threats, Jacinto?

What threat? Nothing in that post was intended as or could be intepreted as a threat.

I thought we buried the hatchet, sweet boy.

Uh ... excuse me? It was not I who began this thread. I thought Monty's job was to bury, not resurrect, the dead.

Well, I'm at least thankful that you didn't outright accuse me of notifying news officials and writing letters to teachers...

I wouldn't make such accusations because I have no knowledge of you doing such things. I don't think that you would.

Either way, I laughed my ass off when I followed Monty's link.

I don't doubt it.

Is it a violation of professional ethics for a teacher and a student to converse on a message board, especially on a sensitive and risque topic like the male penis?

This was a concern of mine as well. That's why I was a bit concerned when Pete first posted. But the local school board raises no objections to teachers and students belonging to the same civic and fraternal organizations; I see this as being a similar situation. I made it clear that what is posted on LPSG by either of us was not to be brought up at school.

Once someone willingly puts information out about themselves on the Internet, what privileges exist regarding contact and investigation?

You and I have both willingly put information about ourselves on the Internet, including our names here at LPSG. A Google search of Dion Hill Lexington Kentucky used to give an address and phone number. I don't know if that was your address and phone or not: though 'Hill' is a common name, 'Dion' is not. That entry is no longer at Google, but it was still there at the time you began your 'Reality Police' thread. If someone showed up at that address looking for you, would you be pissed? You would have reason to. When two people... maybe LPSG members, maybe not ... called my cousin's house inquiring about me, I felt that my privacy had been violated. What privileges may exist in a legal sense might well differ from a sense of courtesy: information gleaned through a search engine is not an invitation to compile someone else's life history or search for that person's location.

I'm obviously not the only one wondering if you're half of what you say you are. That's your burden, man. Deal.

What you and others do and do not wonder is not my burden. You will have your doubts and your theories, and so will others. That's fine. In case you haven't noticed, your opinions about me don't exactly cripple me or destroy my credibility. I do deal, but that doesn't mean that I relish the rehashing of what I thought was a dead issue.

B_caneadea

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I was impressed with everything DoubleMeatWhopper had to say. Unlike some people, he doesn't rant, whine, bitch, or resort to name calling.

And, his students evaluation of his teaching prowess should make us all proud.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
DoubleMeatWhopper said:
When two people... maybe LPSG members, maybe not ... called my cousin's house inquiring about me, I felt that my privacy had been violated. What privileges may exist in a legal sense might well differ from a sense of courtesy: information gleaned through a search engine is not an invitation to compile someone else's life history or search for that person's location.

How would people even find your cousin's number? They would have had to know some details about your life that most of us on here don't know. I don't even know your brothers' names and they are lurkers on the site, let alone your cousin's name or where he lives. That is going waaaaaaay over the line. But with threads like the one I posted on the 'net, that's why I posted that link. We all need to be careful and excercise professionalism.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
prepstudinsc said:
How would people even find your cousin's number? They would have had to know some details about your life that most of us on here don't know.

That I will explain in a PM. I'm trusting you to keep it private. I actually trust your integrity more than you probably expect.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
caneadea said:
I was impressed with everything DoubleMeatWhopper had to say. Unlike some people, he doesn't rant, whine, bitch, or resort to name calling.

And, his students evaluation of his teaching prowess should make us all proud.

He's a class act. Most of us were sick to our stomachs when this all came about earlier in the year, but it's over and done with. The only "crime" DMW is guilty of is trying to protect his privacy from would-be sleuths, gee, I wonder why someone would do that? *duh*

Unlike me, he is consistantly a moderate and reasonable voice around here. I know I respect that a great deal.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
"Public record" isn't something to fuck with, that's for sure. For the record, yes, the address and phone number were indeed mine. Heh, kinda shocked me actually, but that's what I deserved for getting a local telephone number without requesting to be unpublished. Thank the stars that White Pages aren't very helpful in tracking cell phone numbers. Perhaps my anonymity is tucked in there somewhere with all the other miscellaneous fees I get each month from my cell phone provider.

I don't feel like I have much more to say on stalking, privacy violations, and what have you. Perhaps it's strange to have relatively low anxiety about that, but I just do. I think it's because I don't put a whole lot of stuff out there about my life. I do what I can to protect my privacy. I don't believe anyone would really go out of their way to hunt me down, particularly with regard to someone else's fascination or obsession with me or if debtors were really tired of me dodging the bills. I pay my shit on time, and I would leave it up to the REAL (reality) police (a.k.a. police officials, local government) to deal with people whose behavior bordered on harrassment. That's who to call if you think people are stalking you, right?

All I ever did, say, or claim about you, J., is that your pictures look pretty inconsistent, and that I couldn't verify things you OUTRIGHT said were true about your life at one point, like coaching at Jena High School. While you recanted and apologized for telling falsehoods (praise God), the issues of reality versus confidentiality, Internet authenticity, and all that never really went away. Those subjects continue to come up in conversation -- get this -- even if they aren't pertaining to your life.

Quite frankly, if I thought I were such hot shit, so much so that I deliberately gave false information to get the "hundreds and thousands" of people lusting after me off my back, well, then I'd believe I were a real head case and seek treatment. For real. I'm certainly not a member here in order to gain popularity or to have people licking my ass as a statement of my grandeur. Oh, hells no. That's too many people to have on a Christmas card list. :p

I'm just me, man. I like a handful of people enough to make them real friends in the real world, and they know I love them quite a bit -- enough that it sparks conversations about how strange, odd, and yet fuckin' wondeful it is to make real world friendships in a big dick forum of all places. It's just how I see the world of relationships.

Other than clearing up things that didn't and make still don't add up about you, J., I don't really care. I mean that. It's beyond an issue of liking you or not liking you. I got people in the real world that I need to figure that stuff up about. I don't have anything to gain or lose from making you look how you want to look. So, if you still think I'm participating in some sort of vendetta, please don't flatter yourself. Like I said, I just read the thread, got surprised, and started laughing my ass off.

dolf250

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
On other boards I have seen an icon of the smiley face smashing his head against a wall. If we had the icon available I would use it immediately after the sentence “Here we go again.” I suppose I should caulk it up to a new owner and a new board requiring yet another incarnation of the same crap.

B_caneadea

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
dolf250 said:
On other boards I have seen an icon of the smiley face smashing his head against a wall. If we had the icon available I would use it immediately after the sentence “Here we go again.” I suppose I should caulk it up to a new owner and a new board requiring yet another incarnation of the same crap.
__________________________________________-
Yep. Winter's here. Don't forget to "caulk" your new owner!:D

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
dolf250 said:

Ummmm... so what part of "...I just read the thread, got surprised, and started laughing my ass off" suggests that we're going to drag this out for another five or ten web pages, Dolf? I already made my point [which is conveniently reminiscent of this emoticon] :cool: . And, for good measure, let's throw in this one :p and this one :D to suggest that it's time to move on.