Checkin up on birth control

Discussion in 'Show Off' started by fak_et, Apr 24, 2007.

1. fak_et

fak_et New Member

This summer im plannin on getting active. I am especially worried about pregnancy as i do not want anything at this point. Up to this point i used the abstinance approach and it was 100% effective obviously ;). Anyways, i really wasn't very educated on this stuff so i need some help.

I am thinking:
    Condom
    Pill for girl
    Pull out on top of that

Any other things i have to watch out for? Also, im not too sure, are most girls generally on the pill in their late teens. I know some are that aren't even active but say i started getting wtih a girl that isn't on the pill, whats the best way about suggesting it?

2. hung

Gold Member

Albums:
    Some girls have been known to say they are on the pill, when they are not and they are looking for a long term meal ticket. Of course not all.

I would advise you to use a Condom, each and every time. Your Love Muscle is just too nice to catch any bugs and also, you can rely on Condoms as a means of birth control. I know of what I speak. I have used Condoms for the last 30 plus years. My youngest son will be 31 so I know they work.

Be safe and enjoy life.

3. surferboy

Gold Member

Albums:
    first things first, how old are you? secondly, i'm assuming yer a virgin, is this true? condoms, while not 100% effective, are still very effective in preventing gettin a chick preggers. it's also good to wear one every time for a more important reason: you don't wanna catch an STI.

not a lot of girls in their late teens are on the pill. most are too embarrassed to bring it up with thier parents and doc. as for suggesting it to a chick? that's honestly not yer call dude. if she wants to go on the pill, that's her choice. if she doesn't, then oh well dude. there's nothing you can do (and that's the way it should be).

also, don't pull out when yer gonna cum. there's a chance in the excitement that the condom can come off, and you might get semen inside of her.

4. fak_et

fak_et New Member

On the choice about the pill, i feel it is a shared responsibility. Yes it is her choice but id really like to have a second life line in effect in the event that the condom does fail.Im 19 btw

5. surferboy

Gold Member

Albums:

while i agree that birth control is a shared responsibility, there is a huge difference in condoms cmpared to the pill. condoms are something that is worn. the pill changes a female's biology, and can sometimes be dangerous. so, there's a huge difference in asking her to wear a female condom, or to use spermicide (which doesn't prevent STIs, it just helps prevent pregnancy) and asking her to go on the pill.

6. fak_et

fak_et New Member

Alright i gotchya now... As i said, no one ever taught me this stuff. School was primarily abstinance-only eduction (my teachers did tell us some stuff but there were guidelines). My family isn't very open about it.

If not the pill, what would be a convenient method to supplement a condom?

I think pulling out would still be a good idea nonethless but you are right, gotta make sure to hold onto it so that it doesnt slip off.

See thing is Id rather take the precaution and not have to deal with a pregnancy. Because Ive heard of people who cause pregnancies even with a condom, slim but still happens nonetheless.

7. surferboy

Gold Member

Albums:

oh, i didn't know you went to a backwards thinkin school. this is exactly why abstinence-only education should be fuckin banned. anyways. the best supliment to a condom would be sperimicide. they come in like, bottles. some lubes have spermicide, and most condoms do. so buy condoms with spermicide along with a bottle of lube with it.

and again, do NOT pull out. you do not want that condom slipping off as you cum, or even after. also, yer thinkin about gettin her pregnant too much. try not to worry about it anymore dude.

8. flaming infinity

flaming infinity New Member

Albums:
    Just so you know, do not use a female condom and a male condom at the same time. If you want something in addition to a condom, a spemicide should work well.

9. OmahaBeef

Gold Member

You don't say! They would never...:eek::wink:

...OB

10. fak_et

fak_et New Member

Ok now I am interested in this spermicidal stuff a bit more. I was previously aware of it but didn't really know how effective it was. Obviously i know not to use it without a condom but how sure can i be if i use a condom and some nox-9 spermicidal lube to compliment it?

Also how much lube do you use to make it effective for bc reasons?

11. surferboy

Gold Member

Albums:
    read the directions?

12. housebroke husband

housebroke husband New Member

Be positive minded about using condoms. If approached properly, with a proper frame of mind, you will relize the modern rubber is a wonderful developement which allow one to have sex without fear of pregnancy or desease. I have had girls who wouldn't fuck unless I used a rubber. So how could I ever dislike using thrm?

13. va_lk_yr_ie

va_lk_yr_ie Member

Also be aware that some women react poorly to spermicide.

Myself being a prime example of those - with sensitive mucuous membranes nox-9 and similar spermicides burn like @£$€ - leaving me red, sore and definitely not up for sex for a couple of days.

Not sure that your girl will have that particular problem, but thought I'd say it just in case.

14. horny_boi

horny_boi New Member

Although I am not from America, I believe that one of the main sexual health messages promoted is abstinence. This is of course 100% effective, but it is also unrealistic to expect hormone-crazy teens and twenty year olds to avoid having sex. It's critical to arm people with enough knowledge to choose their own contraception and make safe sex decisions.

Condoms are about 99.9% effective, the 0.1% that they don't work is when there is too much friction or an inappropriate lubricant is used. When using a condom, find the correct side that allows unrolling along the shaft of the penis, pinch the little bulb on the top of the condom so as to remove the air (this is designed to collect sperm upon ejaculation and prevent possible bursting from a large volume of fluid) and then roll down the condom along the penis whilst pinching the bulb on top to ensure no air enters. Apply a lubricant to reduce friction, but it must be **water** based (like a jel) and NOT oil based (do NOT use vaseline, oil etc.) as the oil-based lubricants will degrade the latex polymer.

A condom is both a good contraceptive and agent of protection against sexually transmitted infections. Note: some people have the idea that in case one condom breaks, a second should be worn on top. Do NOT use two condoms at a time as the friction generated will actually promote tearing. Further still, it will reduce sensitivity for the male during intercourse.

Although the pill is effective, if a female has just started taking the pill or takes it improperly, it can be ineffective in that scenario. But, if taken properly and for the right time before it is used as a contraception, it is helpful.

Finally, coitus interruptus (which is removing the penis prior to orgasm) is highly ineffective as pre-cum can contain sperm that may still result in conception. Also, it is quite hard to remember to pull out before an intense climax. So this is not a good method of birth control.

Draft saved Draft deleted