Checking in the locker room - an invasion of privacy?

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
People have stepped around this the entire thread. I think the critical difference is when the looking becomes sexual. Most guys don't want to become sexual with anybody and everybody that happens to be at the locker room that day.

Agreed. I shower because I don't want to head to work without showering. This is a desire to be clean, not a desire to show off. So a look is fine, staring is not.

JohnDoeXXXm

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
my health club is pretty commonly a big sausage fest- large open showers and sauna, steam and hot tubs within the locker rooms themselves. That being said regular club users know after a while who likes to show off, and which members are 'all business.' You get to know which guys go in to allow their cock and balls to be seen, and which ones who would rather have a private stall.

There are some guys that do plently of open looking at the others while they cover their bodies with suds, and they just look each other- full body, then in the eyes and smile. Others will turn to the walls and keep task oriented. Almost all of the guys there will soap their junk in a way that when they turn around to the other guys that they are 'fluffed up'- not hard or semi- but just as a matter of pride to not look like the victim of 'shrinkage' among their fellow dudes.

I like seeing a guy who is naturally hung come in the showers and then one guy will see it and start to bone up a bit, and then all of the sudden 5 or 6 guys are fluffed up. No major deal- there are so many honest factors (outside of sexual interest) that can cause that to happen that when it does no one takes it seriously... seems pretty innocent. Admittedly- an outsider or gym guest walking in on that would probably freak out and might run kicking and screaming- but after a while using the same club at the same time of the day each day, well guys get to know each other and are more comfortable about hanging out together... it happens.

As for the actual 'invasion of privacy part' - if someone comes in who is prudishly covering himself to avoid any peeps whatsoever- that's human nature to cause interest in catching a glimpse at what remains covered. And bottom line, if the guy goes to the team shower and I am interested in his body, I might time it to go and peek once, discretely, at what he was covering up. He can choose to turn away or put on a show, or leave. But if he is a stranger and I can't read his comfort level, I will not press the issue because there are plently other guys who are into the opportunity for male bonding and don't mind you openly looking at them.

So it's not so much for me about peeping indiscriminately as much as knowing the guy's comfort level about showing his body off.

thk8plus4u

Sexy Member
Media
It's called opportunity. You see a hot guy on the floor working out,
you say to yourself, "Wow, wonder what he looks like naked."
You're in the showers, and the guy walks in. OPPORTUNITY.
You'd be a fool not to look.

I enjoy shopping. I like looking at nice merchandise. A casual glance
at the goods -- why not? Doesn't mean I'm buying, or aggresively trying
to grab the product. Just looking.... at something that's appealing to me.

Never let an opportunity pass you by.

D_Biff Wellington

Experimental Member
Media
It's called opportunity. You see a hot guy on the floor working out,
you say to yourself, "Wow, wonder what he looks like naked."
You're in the showers, and the guy walks in. OPPORTUNITY.
You'd be a fool not to look.

Yeah but is that morally right?

Martha Stewart saw opportunity when she sold her stock in what should have been a fantastic deal which her advisors, and her own experience as a trader at Morgan it was I believe, probably strongly counciled her to take. She got jailed for it.

Like what I believe actually happens in the real world aside from fantasy (or perhaps there is a massive homoerotic locker room element that I'm missing even though I grew up in Greenwich Village), if you oggle you get ostracized or beaten to a pulp. Is everyone really that curious or insecure that they're forced to compare the size of their cock with utter strangers?

saabman

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
OMG! It's a freakin LOCKER ROOM!! lol!! I think it would be odd if you didn't see any dick in a men's locker room.

I posted on another thread that what I find hysterical now are the dudes who wouldn't be caught dead naked in a men's locker room - but they workout in shorts wearing either boxers or just free-balling. You can see the outline of their entire shaft and dickhead through their shorts right there on the gym floor - but they would never get naked in front of other men, LMAO!

B_Hornaplenty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Eyeballing other men in the showers is not strange nor immoral. It's called curiosity. Hung Jon has a perfect solution (expressed above) for those who are sensitive about being viewed. And by the way, Hung Jon, you also have a perfect cock.

jack99821

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Let's see... you choose to change or shower in a public place, so you get naked, then think its an invasion of privacy if someone sees you? Of course it's not cool to stare, but glances are inevitable. It's human nature to be curious.

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Most people have peripheral vision, that is we can see a wide swatch of area. It is very possible to see another guy's package in detail and that guy never ever suspect a thing. We all do this on a regular basis in our daily living.

What makes guys who are only complaining about the ogling is that ogling has crossed the line from just looking, to letting it become sexual. Our sexual desires are inborn. Somehow guys can tell if a guy is just checking them out or if they are in their minds having sexual thoughts.

People have stepped around this the entire thread. I think the critical difference is when the looking becomes sexual. Most guys don't want to become sexual with anybody and everybody that happens to be at the locker room that day.

One of the most sensible comments so far.

I really can't comment much on this topic. I haven't been in a lockeroom
situation since high school. I never gave anyone looking around for sexual purposes a thought back then. Don't know if I would now or not.

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Martha Stewart saw opportunity when she sold her stock in what should have been a fantastic deal which her advisors, and her own experience as a trader at Morgan it was I believe, probably strongly counciled her to take. She got jailed for it.

Like what I believe actually happens in the real world aside from fantasy (or perhaps there is a massive homoerotic locker room element that I'm missing even though I grew up in Greenwich Village), if you oggle you get ostracized or beaten to a pulp. Is everyone really that curious or insecure that they're forced to compare the size of their cock with utter strangers?

It's not always about insecurity or comparing. Yes people are just curious that is human nature. If you haven't seen something before, when it is revealed you look at it. It's that simple.

cocktailweenie

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Quick glances are perfectly acceptable. At my club no one actually stares and so it's not an issue (I guess Canadians are more reserved). Anytime I "caught" anyone glancing at mine I always was flattered. People have a diminished expectation of privacy when naked in a semi-public (i.e. all male) place but have a right not to be stared at by some asshole.

imjoshua

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I do not mind if others look at me while I am chaging in the gym. Sometimes I look but not always. If someone else is starring at me I will stare back at them for sure. Besides I think I am pretty good looking, so let them look I do not care. Maybe they just want to compare, which is okay with me.

imjoshua

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I do not mind if others look at me while I am chaging in the gym. Sometimes I look but not always. If someone else is starring at me I will stare back at them for sure. Besides I think I am pretty good looking, so let them look I do not care. Maybe they just want to compare, which is okay with me.

Belly_Dancer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I think it's difficult, if not impossible, to avoid "seeing" what passes in front of our eyes, even if we're not looking directly at someone. When in the locker room, I've never stared at anyone, let alone craned my neck to see someone's body parts, but I definitely notice myself comparing my body with those of other women (especially boobs and asses).

Also, occasionally, I see a woman so hot she just physically turns me on. I have no problem admitting this. I'm not tremendously gay, but if you're even a little bit bisexual, sooner or later, chances are that you're going to get turned on by something you see in the locker room. To me it's not an invasion of privacy, because I can't help it, and I'm not going out of my way to gawk.

nathanwright

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I always think of it as, if someone takes a quick glance let them there just curious like everyone else, and if they keep looking then even better they must like what you've got down stairs otherwise they'd look away in disgust.

More than likely if your getting changed in front of people, they will look just accept it you don't know them, they don't know you. It means nothing unless you make it into something.

thk8plus4u

Sexy Member
Media

Last time I checked, taking a look at another guy's cock
wasn't ILLEGAL.

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media

The deal was not a fantastic deal, but a necessary warning. Stewart's broker at Merrill Lynch expected her ImClone stock would take a nosedive as the CEO of ImClone was selling all of his shares. Stewart heeded his warning and sold her shares, thus averting a financial loss. She was jailed for obstruction of justice because she lied about receiving the inside information via Merill Lynch.

Martha Stewart - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
I've read a lot regarding checking out the cocks of peers while in locker rooms. This is sorta odd, but someone correct me if I'm wrong... I wouldn't mind peeking at the cocks of some of my friends in a more consensual manner but this whole idea of checking out dudes in the locker room after a practice or a weight lifting session seems to me to not only be a fantasy, but frankly a terrible invasion of privacy. When I'm in the locker room the only thing I concentrate on is showering, dressing, and getting the hell out of there...

Why a clandestine peek? Have a good look. You aren't invading a private area. The locker room is a communal setting in which anyone can admire what is on display. If you are uncomfortable with being seen in a communal setting you should go home to shower and change.