Cheese!

Kassokilleri2ff

Experimental Member
Media
OKAY! I hate american cheese. I love love love, most other kinds of cheese. Whenever i say this, people call me a communist. Why? From my observations, ive seen that alot of people who hate cheese, still love american cheese, and people who hate american cheese, love the rest of other cheeses. So i wonder, is american cheese actually cheese?

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well American cheese is definately cheese, not the best cheese in my opinion but it is cheese. I have liked every cheese I have had except for brie. It's one of my favorite snacks I love trying different kinds.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
OKAY! I hate american cheese. I love love love, most other kinds of cheese. Whenever i say this, people call me a communist. Why? From my observations, ive seen that alot of people who hate cheese, still love american cheese, and people who hate american cheese, love the rest of other cheeses. So i wonder, is american cheese actually cheese?

Really? They call you are Communist?:rolleyes:

As for cheese, I dunno... I kinda stay away from it all together.:eek:

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Wow! You must really be blocked up:biggrin1:

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's processed cheese isn't it, it doesn't have any flavour, it has an unpleasant texture but kids will eat it more easily than they'll eat a strong cheddar or a stilton.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media

A lot of it is far inferior to European cheeses, to my palate.
But the Europeans are much more cheese conscious.
I remember, back when I was living in France, how the server at the fromagerie (is that the word? can't remember ... but it would be an entire store dedicated to cheeses) would want to know the exact hour at which you were going to eat.
This is beyond the wildest fantasies of most North Americans, I think.
There are some good cheeses made in North America, of course ... some real artisanal cheeses. Quebec has many of them, in part a legacy of their French origins.
EDIT: Funny thing. I believe that Britain actually has more cheeses than France does. Who knew?

dreamer20

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
OKAY! I hate american cheese. ... i wonder, is american cheese actually cheese?

I too dislike processed cheese. I prefer cheeses that have been aged properly, and there are some varieties of these available in the U.S.A. As Rubi said, Britain has a great variety of cheeses and I am glad to have enjoyed them when I was in the U.K. I rarely eat cheese now as I am trying to reduce the cholesterol in my diet. I would have a little swiss cheese if I do indulge.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
American "cheese" is properly called Pasturized Processed Cheese Food.
It's some sort of plasticized cheese knock-off, certainly not like any cheese I grew up eating. My mother always preferred to have real cheeses, often imported ones. Although, because Kraft Singles were always advertised on TV, I would beg her to buy them, but she never would. The only thing that American cheese is good for is a greasy grilled cheese sandwich because of the melting quality.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It's processed cheese isn't it, it doesn't have any flavour, it has an unpleasant texture but kids will eat it more easily than they'll eat a strong cheddar or a stilton.
Correct. It's made from cheddar but I don't know what else is added. It melts nicely in a grilled cheese sandwich.

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A lot of it is far inferior to European cheeses, to my palate.
But the Europeans are much more cheese conscious.
I remember, back when I was living in France, how the server at the fromagerie (is that the word? can't remember ... but it would be an entire store dedicated to cheeses) would want to know the exact hour at which you were going to eat.
This is beyond the wildest fantasies of most North Americans, I think.
There are some good cheeses made in North America, of course ... some real artisanal cheeses. Quebec has many of them, in part a legacy of their French origins.
EDIT: Funny thing. I believe that Britain actually has more cheeses than France does. Who knew?

I also think there are more Greek cheeses than French not positive though.

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'll take a good Gouda or Parano anyday over american. I actually found that after finding a taste for stronger cheese I can't really even taste mellow cheese like american. I need a sharp cheddar or aged swiss.

Same with me I prefer a strong sharp taste usually. However one of my favorites is mozzarella. For a strong taste I like a sharp cheddar and feta.

cklover

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm a dedicated cheese-aholic. My faves are pecorino romano and extra sharp wisconsin cheddar....but I love brie too....and swiss...and.....mmmmmm

avg_joe

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Yes, American cheese is actual cheese with a hint of hypocrisy. :biggrin1: