Cheney aide Libby charged in CIA leak probe

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Dr. Dilznick, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Dr. Dilznick

Gold Member

The fact that Rove is still under investigation, in my opinion, should be an indication that he too will be indicted soon.

2. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

At first, I was surprised that Libby got indicted - I figured he had enough powerful friends to squeak out. On second thought, those higher up than Libby DO need a scapegoat to deflect attention from their crimes, so it isn't really that surprising after all. It will be interesting to see who actually does warrant a special investigator, who will actually be indicted. I don't have any inside information, and I'm not psychic, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the president, his closest advisor, the attorney general, and many others at the highest echelons have full knowledge, and have had a hand in covering up what they can. The protests of "I never revealed her identity by name" are just beyond ridiculous. She was referred to as "the wife of former ambassador Joseph Wilson." That's just simply as stupid as saying "I didn't mention George W. Bush by name, so I didn't reveal his identity. I simply mentioned that the person in question is the husband of Laura Bush."

3. Dr. Dilznick

Gold Member

It's basically what I expected, though I thought Rove would be cleared completely.

4. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    GWB promised to fire anyone involved with the leak. Not indicted or convicted in the scandal but involved in the leak.

Rove has already testified 4 times before Fitzgerald's grand jury and remains under investigation. He has admitted he disclosed to reporters that Joseph Wilson's wife was a covert CIA agent.

Why hasn't he been fired as promised?

SG

5. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Libby lied under oath about his part in revealing the identity of an undercover CIA agent. Shall I start now taking odds on whether or not he gets run through the same wringer as the last politician who lied under oath about getting a blowjob? Oh, I admit, doing a willing congressional aide is a much higher crime than subverting CIA operations, but what the hell. Bush lied when he said he would fire anyone involved, but not because he believed their innocence, but because he believed they could cover it up sufficiently. Let's wait and see what happens. I suspect that Libby will continue to lie as much as he thinks he can get away with, and as each lie is uncovered beyond his ability to hide it, he will admit wrongdoing. He isn't necessarily a scapegoat, but now that he is taking some heat, his (former) boss will try to heap as much heat on him as possible, to protect others who should actually be prosecuted. One question, though... are we at war, or are we not? If so, the constitution has provisions for this sort of activity during time of war. It is called high treason.

6. Hockeytiger

Hockeytiger Active Member

At this point that would seem unlikely unless Libby fingers him, which also seems unlikely.

7. GoneA

Gold Member

To save your ears from hearing my LONG diatribe on today's political leaders, the way they execute things and the current issue(s) at hand, I will simply say: ditto.

8. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

I just hope that all the evil, malice, and avarice in the current administration comes back to bite them in their collective asses. Will it happen? That remains to be seen. Who is responsible for investigating? Well, well, it's the US Senate. Hmmm. Uh, won't that by definition be the wolf guarding the flock?

Draft saved Draft deleted