Cheney leaves Leno dumbfounded

Discussion in 'Politics' started by arkfarmbear, Sep 3, 2011.

1. arkfarmbear

arkfarmbear New Member

Cheney was on Leno last night as part of his book promotion tour. When Leno waded into the "torture" wasteland Cheney said it was okay because every method that was used on enemy prisoners had previously been tested on our own people! Leno said "well you got me there".

2. Frnkd213

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Unfortunately people will buy his book because of the absurdity of the claims he makes. Got to see it to believe it you know. What a reward for a leader so bent on control and power he will do whatever it takes at the expense of the America reputation, and integrity. (well, maybe it was shot already, but to make it worst? It took attitude like his in the Whitehouse to do it, excuse me Rumsfeld)

3. B_enzia35

B_enzia35 New Member

Cheney *may* have made is worse, but Obama shot it to hell.
    Sure, the most powerful man in the world, kowtowing to other nation's leaders. That's an awesome idea!
    It was nice of you to put torture in quotes. What we do ain't torture.

4. D_Percy_Prettywillie

D_Percy_Prettywillie Account Disabled

Really? I mean r-e-a-l-l-y? :rolleyes: Your contention is that the use of torture (or whatever clever euphemism you like- enhanced interrogation techniques) was possibly made worse by the Bush Administration but was "shot to hell" by the Obama Administration?

Really? The sheer volume of historical fact that suggests the complete and total opposite is of such magnitude I wouldn't even know where to begin. All of your posts smack of right wing puppetry anyway but ones like this little gem leave no doubt.

JSZ

5. B_enzia35

B_enzia35 New Member

Nope, I was talking about "America reputation, and integrity". I definitely could have made that more clear.

Right wing puppetry? How 'bout just plain thinking?

6. D_Percy_Prettywillie

Well, you can honestly replace "torture" with "American reputation and integrity" and everything I posted I'd still stand behind in terms of The Bush Administration having made things far worse than the Obama Administration... maybe even especially internationally. I mean you don't see Barack massaging the German Chancellors shoulders inappropriately or giving the middle finger to the entire Arabian Peninsula.

But I'm not as outraged at that assertion as I was at the one I thought you made and foreign policy is certainly a contentious topic with many valid perspectives so... I'll leave that alone.

As for "plain 'thinkin'?" That's... yeah, that's how I'd put it too. Rather than high minded ideals and esoteric discussion, it's... "plain thinkin' done by plain and simple folk." If this were 1950 and June Cleaver were on the cover of Time Magazine, that'd be just fine. The world is a little more complex than that now so plain thinking isn't going to cut it I'm afraid.

JSZ

7. davidjh7

Gold Member

Ok, how about you let ME waterboard YOU, then you can tell me it isn't torture.....:rolleyes:

8. B_jdunhill

B_jdunhill New Member

doesn't help that Leno is a troglodyte mouth breather. Too bad a fire didn't break out on the set.

9. tallandlean

tallandlean New Member

Cheney is I believe sincere in his stupid assertions and that's what makes him
    so dangerous. By the way, the man must be hung like a horse. A long time ago'
    I saw pictures of his bulge when he was sitting down and it was amazing.

10. D_Percy_Prettywillie

:wtf1:

Duuuuuuuude... gross.

JSZ

11. B_enzia35

B_enzia35 New Member

Um, I did see Obama giving the wrong region DVDs to the PM of Britain, giving the Queen of England an Ipod of his own speeches, buddying it up with communists in Venezuela, bowing to many foreign dignitaries...

Sure does seem like them high minded ideals and esoteric discussions are fixing this country. Maybe sprinkle some hope and change too?

12. B_enzia35

B_enzia35 New Member

I agree with you here. The guy is like a million years old!

13. davidjh7

Gold Member

Webster's dictionary defines "terror: as
    "1. A state of intense fear
    2. one that inspires fear"
    A "terrorist" is defined as:
    "The systematic use of terror as means of coercion"

The Bush administration abuse of power and the means they did so, meets this definition of terrorism. It is left as an excercise for the student to list specific examples. I have done so too many times in the past, and every time I think about them I get sick to my stomach. Bush won the 2004 election primarily on the last minute platform of "If you vote democrat, you're a fag, or a fag lover". If you wish to believe in the lies and rhetoric, fine. But please don't try and defend terrorism and stupidity. Thank you.

14. davidjh7

Gold Member

Agreed. I suspect he is hung, as the man is 100% dick :tongue:

15. B_enzia35

B_enzia35 New Member

And what is Obama doing, continuing the failed policies of the past?

16. davidjh7

Gold Member

I am not a fan of Obama, even though I voted for him. I felt I had no choice, in order to break the stranglehold the triumverate of evil had on this country. He inherited an impossible situation in the wake of what the previous administration did. You can't rebuild a nation raped and pillaged to the level this country has been in 4 years. Plus, the republican party has blatently stated their ONLY goal, at any cost, is to remove Obama from office. They have also plainly stated that they will do all they can to be the ONLY party in America. I don't want to live in a oligarchy, I want to live in a democracy. Or at least a republic. If you wish to live in a country that is run by a small group, and no longer live in a democracy, please continue to support the right wing. That is their only goal.

17. Calguy

Calguy New Member

Cheney was the twisted brain behind G.W. He was able to obtain college deferments during the Vietnam war and never served in the miltiary. An evil man and looks like the living dead...now being kept alive by a motorized heart pump....

18. D_Percy_Prettywillie

I'm afraid I agree. The assumption is that if you weren't/aren't in support of the GOP then you're absolutely in love with President Obama and that simply isn't the case. I have serious issues with the current Administration in that Democrats aren't really liberals- they're center right. The Republicans, dominated by the Tea Party, are essentially... insane. I mean look at the field of Candidates for President. Ron Paul seems measured and reasonable compared to a lot of them and that's saying something.

No, the problem I have with the President and his Administration is the problem I would have had with Republicans back in the 80's. I'm not the biggest fan of his at the moment but given the choice between four more years of non-consequential, non-action dressed up as leadership and out right enacting Leviticus into law, I'll go with the former every time.

JSZ

19. fluoro

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

I know this is really old news, but in case you missed it:
    The suppressed fact: Deaths by U.S. torture - Glenn Greenwald - Salon.com

You might also take a look at this for some perspective:
    Jackson Williams: Obama Bows, Conservatives Bitch, Reality Bites

20. conntom

Gold Member

How about the many people in your city of Seattle - maybe friends and family that were spared because of water boarding (which I will grant you as a form of torture).

If I were you I would be OK with it.

Draft saved Draft deleted