Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Just had someone on bbc news ex fbi discussing his interrogation of a prisoner. That later the prisoner was 'tortured' and the government claims much useful information was obtained, whereas the FBI man, who resigned in protest at the torturing, claims nothing whatsoever was obtained more than he had already got by being nice.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just had someone on bbc news ex fbi discussing his interrogation of a prisoner. That later the prisoner was 'tortured' and the government claims much useful information was obtained, whereas the FBI man, who resigned in protest at the torturing, claims nothing whatsoever was obtained more than he had already got by being nice.
That was Ali Soufan. There was a two-part report on him on Sixty Minutes yesterday evening.

One can only hope that the report will make some impact on some among the millions of pig-headed ignoramuses who consider it self-evident that torture will extract useful information from people. This assumption, which is as remote from reality as it is firmly lodged in the brains of the troglodytes who cheered on the Bush administration's bogus "War on Terror," has long been rejected by all experts on interrogation. The cowboys who were brought in by the CIA to extract information from Abu Zubaydah by brutal and degrading treatment were private contractors who had absolutely no knowledge of interrogation techniques but who felt the kind of impregnable self-assurance that is characteristic of incurable ignoramuses.

Upperdown

Experimental Member
Media
That was Ali Soufan. There was a two-part report on him on Sixty Minutes yesterday evening.

One can only hope that the report will make some impact on some among the millions of pig-headed ignoramuses who consider it self-evident that torture will extract useful information from people. This assumption, which is as remote from reality as it is firmly lodged in the brains of the troglodytes who cheered on the Bush administration's bogus "War on Terror," has long been rejected by all experts on interrogation. The cowboys who were brought in by the CIA to extract information from Abu Zubaydah by brutal and degrading treatment were private contractors who had absolutely no knowledge of interrogation techniques but who felt the kind of impregnable self-assurance that is characteristic of incurable ignoramuses.

Don't be so arrogant.

Torture has worked extremely well for centuries. The problem is that you don't understand how it works. First thing: this isn't Hollywood. This isn't Rambo where they have one simple question and will torture Rambo till he tells, only to find out that Rambo had set a trap. Its FAR more complex than that.

Second: Torture (which I seperate from water boarding), to be effective, must be done repeatedly. You torture them, see what their story is. The do it again. Ask the leftist of China and Russia, they succeeded at this for decades. Again, and again and again. Then you compare their stories. If you have discrepency you keep working till you don't. This is precisely what happened to Kalid Sheikh Mohammed. You don't necessarily have to torture them after the first, or first few, sessions. You just have to bring them in and quiz them.

Third, you compare the stories of their friends and other intel that you can verify. You ask them for example, "where were you Wednesday the 10th" then check what they said against what you know. Over many hours of interrogation they will be unable to keep their facts straight if they are lying. It is possible that they dont' know or that they don't remember, that is a reality that has to be considered. But one thing is for sure, they know exactly what you want to know that they know; they'll think about it night and day.

The final point is this: the alternative to torture is doing nothing. If torture doesn't yield results then hugging them and handing out brocures for grand canyon tours will do far less. They aren't going to have a change of heart and come spill the beans. Lets say for a second that Kalid has a change of heart and spilt the beans. Well, again, this isn't Hollywood. You can't take that to the bank any more than you can information recieved by torture.

So to say it doesn't work is to 1) deny the results of centuries of torture, and 2) fail to realize the systematic approach that must be used. Without that approach you're just being sadistic.

A follow up question: If you watched Secret America, the most recent PBS Frontline, you surely heard them explain that the Obama administration has kept all the Bush policies in place and maybe even expanded some. Is Obama responsible for that? Does it mean he's as bad as GW?

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Don't be so arrogant.

Torture has worked extremely well for centuries. The problem is that you don't understand how it works. First thing: this isn't Hollywood. This isn't Rambo where they have one simple question and will torture Rambo till he tells, only to find out that Rambo had set a trap. Its FAR more complex than that.
INTERROGATION is what is more complex and what is effective, not torture. Watch or read the interview with Sufan.

Yes, torture has "worked extremely well for centuries"; but worked well for what purpose? For compelling people to confess to crimes, crimes of which they had already been deemed guilty but for which a confession was required: that is what it has been used for for centuries, not to extract truthful and useful information.
Second: Torture (which I seperate from water boarding),
Oh, right: it's only torture when other countries do it.
to be effective, must be done repeatedly. You torture them, see what their story is. The do it again. Ask the leftist of China and Russia, they succeeded at this for decades. Again, and again and again. Then you compare their stories. If you have discrepency you keep working till you don't. This is precisely what happened to Kalid Sheikh Mohammed. You don't necessarily have to torture them after the first, or first few, sessions. You just have to bring them in and quiz them.

Third, you compare the stories of their friends and other intel that you can verify. You ask them for example, "where were you Wednesday the 10th" then check what they said against what you know. Over many hours of interrogation they will be unable to keep their facts straight if they are lying. It is possible that they dont' know or that they don't remember, that is a reality that has to be considered. But one thing is for sure, they know exactly what you want to know that they know; they'll think about it night and day.
This is what was done in the INTERROGATION which PRECEDED the waterboarding. THAT was when useful information was extracted from him.

The final point is this: the alternative to torture is doing nothing.

NO, IT IS NOT! By this one sentence you show that you have no fucking idea what you are talking about. The fallacy is so blatant it is ridiculous.
If torture doesn't yield results then hugging them and handing out brocures for grand canyon tours will do far less. They aren't going to have a change of heart and come spill the beans. Lets say for a second that Kalid has a change of heart and spilt the beans. Well, again, this isn't Hollywood. You can't take that to the bank any more than you can information recieved by torture.
Your false dichotomies and straw-man arguments are puerile. Please just watch the interview with Sufan or go to some other knowledgeable source and learn some FACTS about interrogation and how it is effectively done. Here are some things that I turned up with ten seconds of Googling:

Effective Interrogation Techniques | NewAmerica.net

What Are Effective Interviewing & Interrogation Techniques? | eHow.com

Edited to add some excerpts from the Sixty Minutes piece:
Just one week after 9/11, Soufan and his partner found themselves face-to-face with Osama bin Laden's bodyguard, Abu Jandal. He'd been caught and imprisoned in Yemen nearly seven months before 9/11, but now that bin Laden had attacked on U.S. soil, it was important to see if Abu Jandal could help the FBI build a case against those responsible.
Soufan described Abu Jandal's initial behavior toward American interrogators as hate-filled and dismissive, but Abu Jandal gradually began to open up.
"We were able to build a rapport with him," Soufan said.
Abu Jandal was fascinated by the history of revolutions, and Soufan said he talked with him about the American Revolution. He gave Jandal a book in Arabic about George Washington and the American Revolution.
According to Soufan, Jandal stayed up all night reading the book, "but he's practicing typical counter-interrogation techniques, where he gives you what he thinks you know so you will think he's cooperating," Soufan added.
When Abu Jandal looked at a book of photos of known al Qaeda members Soufan said that he identified very few and kept passing over a photo of Marwan al Shehhi - one of the 9/11 hijackers. Soufan knew Abu Jandal had cared for al Shehhi years ago when he was very sick and the fact that Abu Jandal was not identifying him was a signal that Abu Jandal was not being honest.
Extra: Identifying the 9/11 hijackers
Soufan told Logan that he reminded Abu Jandal of the time he spent caring for el Shehhi in Kandahar during Ramadan in December of 1999. Soufan painted a vivid picture of Jandal "nursing (al Shehhi) and putting soup on his lips."
"I said, 'Let me make it very clear to you. You don't know how many people in the book [of photos] works for me. You don't know how many people in the book we caught and they're cooperating,'" Soufan continued. "I said, 'Why don't you look at the book again?' He identified almost everyone in the book."
Among those Abu Jandal identified as al Qaeda members were seven of the terrorists who flew planes into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon. Abu Jandal didn't know they had been involved in the 9/11 plot because he'd been in prison. Soufan said that Abu Jandal was adamant that al Qaeda and bin Laden were not behind the attack.
"I said, 'Well, I know that al Qaeda did that. Someone told me,'" Soufan said. When Abu Jandal asked who, Soufan replied "You did."
"'I said, 'Do you know who flew the planes in the World Trade Center and the Pentagon?' And I took the seven photos that he identified and put it in front of him," Soufan said. "I said, 'Those, my friend, are not my sources. Those are the people who flew the planes.' He totally collapsed."
Soufan said that when Abu Jandal realized he had given up bin Laden and al Qaeda he put his hands on face, collapsed and started shaking.
"After that, the level of cooperation was very different. We ended up spending days and days with him," Soufan said.
Abu Jandal provided nearly 100 pages of information, according to Soufan's FBI report, including intricate details about al Qaeda's training facilities, communications and weaponry. It was quite an achievement for someone who might best be described as an accidental FBI agent.

[. . .]

Soufan says he was making good progress with Zubaydah through traditional methods of questioning, but he was told that a CIA contractor, hired for his interrogation expertise, would be taking control. Soufan then watched on a closed circuit monitor as a very different approach was used.
"The plan at the time was to go in and tell Abu Zubaydah one question. Tell him, 'Tell me what I want to know.' And if Abu Zubaydah said, 'What do you want to know?' or ask any questions about that, the person is to walk out. And say, 'You know,' and walk out," Soufan said.
After the person who asked the question walked out, one of the harsh new techniques would be used, Soufan said.
Soufan said that it started with nudity and then escalated, "Then you have noise and you have sleep deprivation. And it goes from one stage to another, until he decided to cooperate," he said.
Logan asked Soufan why the individual who was now directing the interrogation was put in charge.
"I don't know," Soufan replied. "Supposedly, he's an expert in the field. So I ask him, 'Do you know anything about Islamic fundamentalism?' He said, 'No.' 'Have you ever interrogated anybody?' 'No.' He basically said, 'No, he knows human nature.'"
When asked how Zubaydah's reacted to the new approach, Soufan said that he stopped cooperating and the information dried up.
According to Soufan, after several days with nothing from Abu Zubaydah, he and his partner and a CIA interrogator were allowed to start talking to him once again, and they obtained information that led the CIA and the FBI to capture Jose Padilla, the American citizen accused of plotting to set off a "dirty bomb" in the U.S.

Soufan said that even though new information was now being elicited, he and his partners were once again told to stop talking to Abu Zubaydah.
"Suddenly, out of the blue, they said, 'Wait a second, you guys are gonna be out because we believe he's not cooperating anymore.' Which was really shocking for us to hear," Soufan said.
"So what did you do?" Logan asked.
"What can we do?" Soufan said. "We're watching time pass by with nobody talking to a detainee, day after day."
"No one even spoke to him?" Logan asked.
"No, they go in. They say, 'Tell me what I want to know.' He says, 'What do you want to know?' And you walk out. Period. That's it," Soufan said. "That's the whole interrogation plan, if you want to call it."
Soufan told Logan that for him the last straw was when he saw a "confinement box" at the site where Abu Zubaydah was being interrogated.
"That sounds like a coffin," Logan said.
"A confinement box," Soufan said to Logan. "I thought at the time we had the guy cooperating. So what's goin' on? I mean that box was not made overnight. There's something goin' on [that] we don't know about."
"What was the box for?" Logan asked.
"I don't know," Soufan said. "I mean, definitely it's, it's for, for Abu Zubaydah."
"But that was not the kind of technique that you were prepared to stick around for?" Logan asked.
"No," Soufan said. "I just felt that, literally, we're playing games...And I really cannot be part of this."
Soufan claims that he was not the only person that felt that way and that a CIA agent also left the location.
"Actually, he left before me," Soufan said. "And then we finally reported to headquarters that, you know, 'This-- what's happening' as I called it in the D.O.J., Department of Justice inspector general report 'borderline torture.' And FBI headquarters said, 'You know, you know we don't do that.'"
"Eventually, after that, they pulled all FBI agents from high-value detainees interrogations," he continued.

Last edited:

Upperdown

Experimental Member
Media
I seem to know a whole lot more than you. You effectively just said "well, half your plan works but not the torture part." I flat out said, "You don't necessarily have to torture them after the first, or first few, sessions." Which, to bring you down to Earth, we are talking about torture and if it works. It does work. And it works in every concievable vein. Information, confessions, action, inaction, ect. The left parties in the USSR and China (and most other leftist parties for that matter) tortured to great effect.

Do I think we should torture everyone? No. If we can get by without torture then we absolutely should. It is a strange truth that one minute you can kill someone on the battlefield and be 'right' in doing so, then the next second be absolutely immoral for harming that exact same person.

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The recently retired head of MI5 in Britain is currently doing the reith lectures on bbc radio (annual series about important aspects of society). She just said that waterboarding was a profound mistake and did much more harm than good. She said torture has never ever been a good idea for many reasons. Last week she said the invasion of Iraq made the international situation worse, and that this was exactly what they had advised the british government would happen. Quite extraordinary really that the head of british intelligence should wholly repudiate the choices of both the British and US governments.

She just said the US claims on information they have obtained through torture are exaggerated, but shs did not want to comment on specifics.

She said Britain had not used torture in WW2 when things were far more serious than they are now and saw no reason to do so now.

From the piece I saw he seems to have written a book about it. They pointedly showed a copy with blacked out sections the US government has censored.

Last edited:

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I seem to know a whole lot more than you.
Then I presume you read the post above yours where the man from the FBi said torture didnt work and was a mistake? he further seems to have said that the FBi took the decision that it could not be involved in what was happeneing so withdrew from interrogating suspects where it had been making progress. It decided it could not interrogate prisoners! The effect of torturing was to stop the FBI investigating!

The main reason the head of MI5 had for opposing torture was because of its conseqeuences outside the interrogation, not whether or not it worked. Either we believe beating up people is acceptable or we do not. It is not and never has been a divisible right. MI5's pragmatic argument would be it doesnt matter whether the person being interrogated was humiliated by being naked. It matters whether 1 billion muslims in the outside world believes the US humiliates muslims and should be punished for it. The US shows itself deserving of destruction by how it treats its enemies.

Last edited:

Upperdown

Experimental Member
Media
Then I presume you read the post above yours where the man from the FBi said torture didnt work and was a mistake?
Clearly, if one person from the FBI says it doesn't work and is a mistake that would completely counteract centuries of proof that it does work. Glad we got that settled.

he further seems to have said that the FBi took the decision that it could not be involved in what was happeneing so withdrew from interrogating suspects where it had been making progress. It decided it could not interrogate prisoners! The effect of torturing was to stop the FBI investigating!
You have never taken logic, have you? The FBI decided to pull out, this was not a natural biproduct of waterboarding.

The main reason the head of MI5 had for opposing torture was because of its conseqeuences outside the interrogation, not whether or not it worked.
We're talking about if it works.

Either we believe beating up people is acceptable or we do not. It is not and never has been a divisible right. MI5's pragmatic argument would be it doesnt matter whether the person being interrogated was humiliated by being naked. It matters whether 1 billion muslims in the outside world believes the US humiliates muslims and should be punished for it. The US shows itself deserving of destruction by how it treats its enemies.
Ok, so if a nation tortures your people then they deserve 'destruction.' Funny how you can't stand for torture, but destroying an entire people? Thats fine. Not only that.....THE U.S. DESERVES IT!!

Further, does this mean you support destroying the Arab world that routinely tortures people? I'm not very squeemish, but I couldn't watch Saddams torture videos. Those Iraqis cut the heads off American civilians, they deserve destruction?

My favorite part! ! ! Will you be the one carrying out this 'destruction'?

Didn't think so.

EXTREME HYPOCRITE! ! ! !

D_Percy_Prettywillie

Account Disabled
Media
The US shows itself deserving of destruction by how it treats its enemies.

I'm sorry dandelion, but again, you took the bait, hook, line and sinker on this issue. You've opened yourself up, via your relatively limited understanding of the United States (it's culture more so than its policy), to a whole host of attacks you a.) will round robin with circular arguments and b.) not truly grasp due to said absence of cultural understanding.

This guy is obviously trying to illicit a response like the one you gave only what you provided wasn't ammunition, it was the cannon.

"Deserving of destruction by how it treats its enemies?" Only three countries in the world have first strike capabilities against the United States and we are currently engaged in a military conflict against exactly none of them. The Arab peninsula where 99.9% of our foreign relation quagmires stem? Yeah, they'd have a hard enough time reaching Jerusalem with a missile let alone DC or New York. My point?

The United States hasn't turned the desert into glass and run up an American flag over the holy lands. And believe me when I say a few tactical nuclear strikes would be a whole hell of a lot quicker, would ratch up a considerably smaller body count and be more cost effective than the "limited engagements" we've entrenched ourselves in over the last twenty years. If we had the same mentality as our enemies the wars would have been over in a matter of hours. "We win because everyone else is a shadow, permanently scorched on the desert floor" isn't our policy in the region.

If the shoe were on the other foot? If the extremists that oppose the United States were armed to the teeth with a military force that makes the Empire from Star Wars seem measured and reasonable- do you think they would practice quite so much restraint? Would they take into consideration our civilians and innocents the way the American military does?

They would not.

None of that will sink in for you as you continue to speak from the position of an empire that holds fast to a relevance it no longer has. You fundamentally misunderstand what it means to Americans to be American. You've shown this to be true on a multitude of topics regarding the United States, both domestically (domestic to the US) and internationally. My only cavet to you would be to consider more thoroughly what you're saying before you wade hip deep into a swap from which, for you, there is no escape.

JSZ

Last edited:

Nekoman

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
"If I stick a gun in someone's mouth or in his kid's face, he's gonna tell me his bank details - even the toughest people break under the ever increasing, relentless, wind up of agony."

If you stick a gun in someone's mouth they'll tell you ANYTHING you want to hear, just to get you to stop, whether it's true or not. Wouldn't you? If someone held a candle to your balls long enough, you'd admit to ANYTHING to get them to stop. Duh.....

D_Percy_Prettywillie

Account Disabled
Media
Addendum:

Not that Upperdown has a valid point in any meaningful definition of the term.

His entire point is predicated on the idea that, because historically torture has yielded fruit, it should continue to be practiced. My response to that would be

1.) No, it hasn't. Torture hasn't proven effective in psychological study after psychological study. For every piece of "evidence" that finds some merit in the practice, there are ten others that debunk it. The most I would concede to is that the implementation of torture is a contentious debate topic between the scientific/medical community and the extreme fringe of the military and law enforcement.

2.) Even if I accepted that torture was a useful tool for gathering information (and, again, I don't) the United States has done away with or abolished numerous practices in its history that worked because they were wrong. Slavery worked but that didn't make it right. Asbestos worked but that didn't make it safe. Cigarettes sold but that didn't make them healthy. The economy, our infrastructure, and personal freedoms all endured after said things were no longer endorsed (or started to be actively opposed by) the Federal Government.

So, just to be clear, I don't agree with his radical point any more than I agree with your off handed, insensitive, uninformed view of the topic either. I'm just sayin...

JSZ

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Clearly, if one person from the FBI says it doesn't work and is a mistake that would completely counteract centuries of proof that it does work. Glad we got that settled.
No, it's the testimony of the FBI interrogator AND ALL OTHER RESPECTED EXPERTS IN INTERROGATION as against YOUR UNDOCUMENTED ASSERTIONS. I will go with the former.
You have never taken logic, have you? The FBI decided to pull out, this was not a natural biproduct of waterboarding.
The FBI did not pull out: Ali Soufan had to step aside when a private contractor with no experience in interrogation was brought in by the CIA (under orders from above, from Washington) to take over the interrogation. He no longer had any control over what was being done, and after seeing what was going on, he quit the operation, as did the CIA agent in charge. He was obtaining useful and sound intelligence before the contractor took over the interrogation with his "enhanced techniques." No further useful information was obtained from Zubaydah, who was waterboarded 83 times. The same sort of business was what happened subsequently with Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, who was waterboarded 183 times. The only useable intelligence obtained from them was obtained by skilled interrogators without any kind of physical duress BEFORE the use of so-called "enhanced techniques." All that was obtained from them through torture was what is called "compliance," as contrasted with "cooperation," namely that the subjects told the interrogators what the interrogators wanted to hear from them, regardless of whether it was true.

Have you read ANY of the sources to which I referred earlier? Have you read any reliable sources on this question at all?

smudgey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Nope, I was talking about "America reputation, and integrity". I definitely could have made that more clear.

From a foreigner's perspective, I can honestly say that Obama is perceived as the strongest, fairest and most respected president in my lifetime. I know he has a sour reputation in America at the moment, but he really does being a perceived integrity to American politics (particularly after George Bush).

We especially agree with him about health care, having free health care ourselves and knowing that it is a great thing for a country's people.

It's quite odd that an international perspective can be so different from a national one.

FleshlightMouth

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Providence, Rhode Island, United States of America
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
From a foreigner's perspective, I can honestly say that Obama is perceived as the strongest, fairest and most respected president in my lifetime. I know he has a sour reputation in America at the moment, but he really does being a perceived integrity to American politics (particularly after George Bush).

We especially agree with him about health care, having free health care ourselves and knowing that it is a great thing for a country's people.

It's quite odd that an international perspective can be so different from a national one.

Any Western European would agree with you!

Klingsor

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay

Speaking as an American, I have to say: how dare you?

How dare you, a foreigner, be so much more astute about President Obama than his critics here in the States?

It's just not fair.

Upperdown

Experimental Member
Media
Addendum:

it should continue to be practiced.
Um, that wasn't my point.

1.) No, it hasn't. Torture hasn't proven effective in psychological study after psychological study. For every piece of "evidence" that finds some merit in the practice, there are ten others that debunk it. The most I would concede to is that the implementation of torture is a contentious debate topic between the scientific/medical community and the extreme fringe of the military and law enforcement.
Provide some of the 'tens of others' that debunk it.

In my opinion some interrogation can be torture. There is a case of a 14 y/o boy that admitted to killing his sister after several hours of interrogation. On a side note: if you're questioned by the police, GET YOUR ATTORNEY! People are retarded (maybe vaccines did it) and they think they can talk their way out; you cant.

2.) Even if I accepted that torture was a useful tool for gathering information (and, again, I don't) the United States has done away with or abolished numerous practices in its history that worked because they were wrong. Slavery worked but that didn't make it right. Asbestos worked but that didn't make it safe. Cigarettes sold but that didn't make them healthy. The economy, our infrastructure, and personal freedoms all endured after said things were no longer endorsed (or started to be actively opposed by) the Federal Government.

In almost every single concievable case torture is morally wrong. There are rare exceptions. Just like there are exceptions to every rule.

I condone torture to the extent that it may some day be needed to produce some greater good. I do not personally like torture, or 'support it, that was all your rhetorical bullshit. My point is in now way 'radical,' its a historic fact that in same cases torture worked wonders. Whether those means/ends were just is an entire other debate that we are not having; you are having this debate.

Upperdown

Experimental Member
Media
Interesting read on interrogation vs torture: Behind The War On Terror's Dark Curtain : NPR

Brief: you catch more flies with honey.

There is nothing 'honey' about interrogation. It is also just as unreliable as "torture." A great example of how unreliable interrogations is the Norfolk Four. If you haven't watched this, its a must see. You can pick it up on PBS Frontline.

Short version: detective is corrupt and needs to solve a crime (he was later put in prison for his misdeeds), finds that he can bully the victims neighbor into a confession. That wasn't good enough so he bullys the neighbor into naming names of others that were involved. DNA evidence did not link anyone to the crime but they were still convicted based on their repeated admissions under interrogation. All said and done four guys spend some huge number of years in prison for a crime they all knew they didn't commit but confessed to. They weren't waterboarded, they weren't tortured. They were just interrogated.

Upperdown

Experimental Member
Media
No, it's the testimony of the FBI interrogator AND ALL OTHER RESPECTED EXPERTS IN INTERROGATION
ALL other respected experts? There isn't ONE that wasn't interviewed? Not a single one?

Have you read ANY of the sources to which I referred earlier? Have you read any reliable sources on this question at all?

No, you're the resident expert. You know all there is to know about torture, every instance that has ever happened is neatly chronicled in your brain, complete with results.

I will note that you claim to know what all the evidence is that came from Sheikh Mohammed. Of course the mass majority of that is still not available for a FOIA. But hey, maybe you snuck in to the CIA headquarters like Tom Cruise and read it all for yourself.....Mr. Expert.