Cheney to become President today...

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by burns1de, Jul 21, 2007.

1. burns1de

Gold Member

...while Bush gets a whole bunch of shit inserted in his ass:

WASHINGTON — President Bush will undergo a routine colonoscopy Saturday and temporarily hand presidential powers over to Vice President Dick Cheney, White House press secretary Tony Snow said.

Snow told reporters Friday that Bush will have the procedure done at his Camp David, Md., mountaintop retreat.

The last time Bush had colon and rectal cancer surveillance was on June 29, 2002. Doctors then advised him to have another colonoscopy in five years.

"The president has had no symptoms," Snow said.

The procedure will be supervised by the president's doctor, Richard Tubb, and will be performed by a medical team from the National Naval Medical Center at Bethesda, Md.

Snow said that because president will be under the effects of anesthesia, he once again has elected to implement Section 3 of the 25th Amendment to the Constitution. Cheney will serve as acting president until Bush notifies authorities that he is ready to reassume his powers.

In 2002, Bush transferred presidential powers to Cheney for more than two hours during the routine colon screening that ended in a clean bill of health.

2. findfirefox

Gold Member

3. kalipygian

Gold Member

Albums:
    Maybe they will find his brain up there:biggrin1:.

4. Matthew

Gold Member

*shudders*

5. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

Back in the 80's Regan had the same type of thing done. One month later Bush senior had his finger operated on. George Carlin did a funny bit about that. LMAO:biggrin1:

6. earllogjam

Gold Member

A better name for this thread would be "Bush takes it up the ass."

7. D_N Flay Table

D_N Flay Table New Member

im going to canada, who is coming with me?
    Eh?

8. B_RedDude

B_RedDude New Member

Oh good, we're finally going to invade Iran then! Is Rumsfeld coming back as Defense secretary?

9. B_big dirigible

B_big dirigible New Member

You silly assholes think that colonoscopies are a riot, huh?

10. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

They better not roto rooter his shit too much- they might cause permanent brain damage, or is that a good thing for Bush?

11. Onslow

Gold Member

actually it's one fairly thin tube and it has a nifty camera and many come with polyp snippers on them as well. The point being, it's nowhere near a 'whole bunch' of anything.

Note these words--it's routine and it can be done at a retreat. These things are so common they can be done in a doctor's office and on an outpatient basis. ​

So put away your dancing shoes.​

Then again, maybe Junior will decide to snort some coke afterwards or have some Jack Daniels and never will notify anyone that he wishes to return in which case Dick Cheney takes over~~too bad all of you jokesters here forgot to realize that longterm possibility (which could also happen if the crew makes a major mistake or if something else goes wrong in this normally safe procedure).​
    And remember this as well, if Junior croaks, the Republicans will have the ever popular sympathy votes headed their way and will coast into a win for 2008~~you better darned well hope Junior pulls through.

12. rob_just_rob

Gold Member

Transplanting from his brain?

13. SteveHd

Gold Member

This temporary xfr of power should be a reminder to everyone of who would become President should GWB get impeached.

14. sargon20

Gold Member

15. Corius

Corius New Member

I'm not surprised that our "fearless

16. SteveHd

Gold Member

I/M/O, there isn't enough time left to impeach both. Just hold your nose a little while longer.

17. Corius

Corius New Member

I'm not surprised that our "fearless leader" will choose to be "out of it" while the doctor probes his nethers. He could be the brave soul that he claims to be and have it done without the anesthetic. My doctors have told me I am a great patient and I have had the procedure done many times and always without anesthetic. One appreciates the art of the physician who can probe and narrate while he and his patient (me) watch the whole procedure in living color. COME ON, GEORGE, SHOW THAT YOU'RE A MAN AND CAN TAKE IT. Or, did Cheney call the shots on this as he seems to be doing on everything else. Will the real George Bush ever be revealed?

How that man can shamefacedly applaud the bravery of our armed forces when he has shown so little bravery in his own life never ceases to amaze me.

18. sargon20

Gold Member

I can't agree. We need to make sure this NEVER happens again.

From the interview:

BRUCE FEIN: --"If I'm president, I won't imitate George Bush." That shows me that this is a far deeper problem than Mr. Bush and Cheney.

BILL MOYERS: That struck me about your writings and your book. You say your great-- your great fear is that Bush and Cheney will hand off to their successors a toolbox that they will not avoid using.

JOHN NICHOLS: Well, let's try a metaphor. Let's say that-- when George Washington chopped down the cherry tree, he used the wood to make a little box. And in that box the president puts his powers. We've taken things out. We've put things in over the years.

On January 20th, 2009, if George Bush and Dick Cheney are not appropriately held to account this administration will hand off a toolbox with more powers than any president has ever had, more powers than the founders could have imagined. And that box may be handed to Hillary Clinton or it may be handed to Mitt Romney or Barack Obama or someone else. But whoever gets it, one of the things we know about power is that people don't give away the tools. They don't give them up. The only way we take tools out of that box is if we sanction George Bush and Dick Cheney now and say the next president cannot govern as these men have.

19. Freddie53

Gold Member

What he said.

Unfortunately, this is an understatement of what has happened. And this from the Republicans that said less government and more state powers and less federal government powers.

*Emperor Bush the last President of the American Republic and the first Emperor of the "Great American Empire."*

20. Freddie53

Gold Member

You left out North Korea.

Draft saved Draft deleted