Media
event_39384.jpeg

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
RideRocket said:
Where did you read this? Everything I've read says he had a legitimate hunting license.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060214/ap_on_go_pr_wh/cheney_whittington_10;_ylt=Aho4FKMOO2YYxyqoNY8ICQtqP0AC;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

Since it's long, here's the quote from the article:
"The Texas Parks and Wildlife Department gave Cheney and Whittington warning citations for breaking Texas hunting law by failing to buy a $7 stamp allowing them to shoot upland game birds. A department spokesman said warnings are being issued in most cases because the stamp requirement only went into effect five months ago and many hunters weren't aware of it.

Cheney's office said Monday night in a statement that Cheney had a $125 nonresident hunting license and has sent a $7 check to cover the cost of the stamp."
Excuse me, I should have been more verbose. While cheney did have a hunting license, without the specific stamp that he did not have, it was not a VALID license for the type of hunting in which he participated. It still amounts to poaching. The excuse that it was a "new requirement" is no excuse at all. Ignorance of the law is no excuse. It is the responsibility of EVERY hunter to be sure he is familiar with, and in compliance with, all laws and licensing requirements BEFORE he picks up the weapon. And purchasing the stamp after the fact should not be mitigating.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm as deep in left field as anybody, and I know it's mostly comic fodder, but I think there's already enough political stuff to bash Cheney on without this. It's immaterial.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Chuck64 said:
Unless you're a member of the Bush administration...
Well, um, my point exactly. Under Texas law, what cheney did constitutes a Class C Misdemeanor. There are specific subsections in the Texas Legal Code which make it very clear that purchasing a game stamp after the fact does not cover the misdemeanor committed before the purchase. Will he be prosecuted? Oh Hell No. We already knew that, didn't we?

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
DC_DEEP said:
There are specific subsections in the Texas Legal Code which make it very clear that purchasing a game stamp after the fact does not cover the misdemeanor committed before the purchase. Will he be prosecuted? Oh Hell No. We already knew that, didn't we?

Will he be prosecuted? I think not. Cheney's one of the elite and the laws the rest of us must obey don't apply to the likes of him.

Notice that big media is already offering us elaborately spun stories about how Cheney is suffering in the aftermath of the shooting. You're supposed to feel sorry for him, DC_Deep, so get with the plan. He's just a humble guy who made a mistake. In fact, Whittington and his family are being portrayed as being worried about how Cheney is coping.

Of course, if an official in the previous administration accidentally shot someone a special prosecutor would have been appointed to spend millions of the taxpayer's dollars over the next few years investigating the president's sex life and rummaging around through the first lady's personal finances.

cruztbone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I know John Edwards doesnt shoot quail. That, plus the fact he doesnt take 4 days to sober up and face a friendly reporter from FUX news should recommend him to take over the office in 2008......

IMPEACHMENT IS THE ONLY ANSWER TO AVOID 3 MORE YEARS OF SUFFERING!

email your senators and congresspersons today!