Chic Flix and Big Dix

Standard Deviant

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I've noticed that movies on We and Oxygen tend to either fall into the "all men are violent, abusive beasts" category or the "women have every right to dump a guy without any explanation the moment they run into another guy who is a high-testosterone bad boy, and therefore more attractive than the Nice Guy she is currently with" category.

In the second category, the moral of the story is always basically that the new (more exciting, alluring, irresistable) guy is more of an Alpha Male and therefore it is only natural and right that she grab him... Of course, she still wants to remain friends with the poor sucker she is cheating on (without informing him that she is moving on to the new stud) and when he finally finds out (usually after seeing her and the new guy kissing or screwing, and without her warning the first dude) she can't understand why he can't just accept it.

The metaphoric implication of these narratives is that it is only natural and right and good that women should not hesitate to move on to a new guy if he is more well hung than her current partner, and again, the current partner should simply accept it. I've only seen this explicitly shown in one movie, "Waterland," where the innocent young teenage girl who is just discovering her sexual self has a male buddy her own age, but when he and some other boys challenge her to skinny dip with them, an older boy joins them, a huge, massive boner showing through his long underwear as he strips (they actually showed this on Bravo, a mainstream cable channel--no doubt a prosthetic of course, but a vivid display of a fictional huge penis, anyway), and the girl obviously is smitten as she discovers the wonderful world of giant cocksize. The expression on her face when she first sees this awesome display of cock is priceless. Later in the film, it is revealed that she tried to have sex with him but "couldn't"...

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has seen other films with this theme where there is a very direct allusion to pensi size rather than just the usual metaphors for it. I suppose "Young Frankenstein" is the most obvious, but I've never seen it on a women's channel, lol.

SurferGirlCA

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I missed the connection between your 2nd and 3rd paragraph. The "implication" in Paragraph 2 is that women choose Alpha males/Bad boys over "nice guys", but then in the opening of Paragraph 3 that becomes "women move on to a new guy if he is more well hung than her current partner?" I have never equated Alpha male behavior with penis size (penis envy, maybe), and it certainly doesn't guarantee the guy is a better lover. The "bad boy" attraction may be there, but that may or may not hold up in the bedroom area.

In terms of WE and Oxygen, they have some good tv re-runs on those channels, but in terms of their movie selection, this might be a good programming choice for them. It would take something like this to get me to watch one of their movies. ;)

Standard Deviant

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Well hung males as a variety of "alpha males." Among animals, it's the biggest sized male that usually is the alpha male. Among humans, it stands to reason that penis size would be one way of achieving an equivalent kind of status.

SurferGirlCA

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Well, I need to re-read my Origin of Species. I thought alpha-male status in the animal kingdom was usually based on physical strength and aggression, not penis size. In terms of men, I guess it would require a survey of self-selected alpha males and a tape measure to test your theory. Sorry, I don't have data on that. :)

Originally posted by Standard Deviant@Jan 12 2005, 07:32 PM
Well hung males as a variety of "alpha males." Among animals, it's the biggest sized male that usually is the alpha male. Among humans, it stands to reason that penis size would be one way of achieving an equivalent kind of status.
[post=274363]Quoted post[/post]​

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've never related "alpha male" to large penis size, in fact quite the reverse. In my experience, a lot of the very rude, agressive, asshole types are not in the "large" category. Alpha males are usually compensating.

big_peter

Just Browsing
Media
[size has nothing to do with moving on]

And those networks are what I refer to as the "man-hating networks"... as though the only things that interest women is being a victim (or seeing all permeations of victimhood).

BobLeeSwagger

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You might want to remember that the whole world doesn't revolve around dick size. Women leave men (and vice-versa) because of many other issues. Frankly, a lot of men give women many, many reasons to leave them. It almost sounds like you want it to be true.

My uncle has dubbed them "woman in trouble" movies. It's best not to take them too seriously. Calling out a woman for watching this "guilty pleasure", disposable entertainment would be like ripping a guy for watching "The Man Show". All it means is that he's entertained by low-quality TV.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Aloofman, you speak the truth. I can't stand those movie channels because they attempt to portray "reality". When I want to watch crap tv, I watch soaps, that way there's no expectations. The guys are usually better looking too. Those "poor victim" women shows make me want to puke, I just don't see women that way.

I also don't see any dick references at all, I think it's just his choice to equate big dicks with assholes, which I do not.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Yeah, those "woman in trouble" movies are kinda cliche. Men can have a lot of the same issues, but if we admit it, everyone starts to think of us as effeminate.

Knight-7x6

Sexy Member
Media
Or they dump us...*sigh*

Anyway I don't think we get that channel...most alpha males aren't hung I don't think, most are angry and most likely compensationg like has been said.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by madame_zora+Jan 13 2005, 10:52 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(madame_zora &#064; Jan 13 2005, 10:52 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>I&#39;ve never related "alpha male" to large penis size, in fact quite the reverse. In my experience, a lot of the very rude, agressive, asshole types are not in the "large" category. Alpha males are usually compensating.
[post=274413]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-big_peter
@Jan 13 2005, 03:17 PM
[size has nothing to do with moving on]

And those networks are what I refer to as the "man-hating networks"... as though the only things that interest women is being a victim (or seeing all permeations of victimhood).
[post=274434]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]

That&#39;s true enough about alpha males being compensative, and just plain being a big dick in only personality. Yeah, those networks play to the man-hating theme all right too often, and should a movie come up about some man having problems you&#39;d better believe it doesn&#39;t get it&#39;s due.

lisztless2004

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Getting back to scenes like the one described from "Waterland", I&#39;d be interested if the savants on this list could compile a list of scenes from Hollywood movies where female size queens were on display.

off the top of my head: the song and dance number in "The Sweetest Thing"
Linda Fiorentino in "The Last Seduction", actually reaching into a guy&#39;s pants
Frances O&#39;Connor (?) as a sports reporter in one of the scenes in "Bedazzled"---&#62; HOT
Mena Suvari talking about Kevin Spacey&#39;s size in "American Beauty"
The girls who enthusiastically pursue the rumor that Finch is hung in "American Pie"

but there must be TONS of others--anybody? anybody?

ziggity

Sexy Member
Media
interesting.. you&#39;re all using the term "Alpha Male" as a metaphor, almost slang, for a guy who is aggressive and wants to be the center of attention, etc.

but in nature, the "Alpha Male" (among mammals, for the sake of the discussion) hardly declares himself the alpha.. he smells more attractive, looks healthier, performs better, has healthy eyes, is not injured, has strong color, has handsome and practical musculature.. nature makes him this way. the attention he gets from the pack, or the brood, or the family, or the pride, or the herd, MAKES him into an assertive, king-of-the-hill leader type. it&#39;s not his fault. he was born that way.

in actuality, i think the real Alpha Males of the human race are those of us who are charismatic, somewhat to very attractive, interact well with others, have an air of confidence, and have a natural leadership ability. i find myself wanting to follow and be around people who are like this. asshole types are hardly strong, leader material, in my eyes.