ChicagoSam Meets NudeYorker

Media
There have been recent threads about people listing whom they would like to meet from LPSG, and also who has met someone from LPSG. Some of the others in this "meeting" category I am going to avoid. Saturday, March 31, 2007 was my time to meet my first LPSG member.

I met NudeYorker (NY) back in November as one of the many newbies I have greeted since joining LPSG. If you don't know about me, I have made it a practice to greet every new member. If I missed anyone, I apologize.

NY had a picture in his gallery with this great smile, and seemed like such a nice guy that I messaged him. He responded and we have been e-mailing, messaging, and talking by phone ever since.

This past month he told me he was coming to Chicago on business and asked if he could meet me. Normally, I would think twice about doing this, but we were both convinced at this point that the other was not an axe murderer or a sociopathic degenerate that we felt it was safe and a good idea to meet; and, he jokingly said, that we would have to meet in a well-lit crowded room.

That happened last night, and it was my big adventure in downtown Chicago. I live in the suburbs.

We have never exchanged recent photos, so we really walked into this without knowing what the other one currently looked like. We actually walked past each other a couple of times until I realized that there was someone else looking for someone as I was, and so I brazenly walked right over and introduced myself. CS and NY had finally met.

I have to tell you that I really looked at him a lot because I know him only facially from younger pictures—as he does with me—as I tried to find that face in the contemporary version of him. NY is still as cool and as handsome as his avatar. We are just both older now. We also come from two different worlds. I am a hick from the Midwest and NY is the urbane, erudite, sophisticated, world traveler. What a combination! And yet, after a logically awkward start—it is strange to meet someone for the first time no matter how much you have communicated—we settled in for a non-stop four hour conversation over dinner and drinks. Surprisingly, we have so much in common. One of the interesting things about us is that he is five days older than me. (He's going to kill me for that, but seeing as we are both 25,—*wink wink*—I think he'll forgive me!) We have had similar jobs over the years. We have theater in common. I'm afraid this conversation was such a whirlwind that it is maybe best that I leave things out before this turns into a novella. Leave it at this: we had a great time!

I need to stop here and dispel one rumor. We both have a wicked sense of humor. We were e-mailing from work one day during the time the thread Who on LPSG LOOKS LIKE THEY WOULD BE GOOD IN BED?. For some bizarre reason, I was in some of those lists. Go figure?! NY was getting a good laugh out of it when I came up with the idea that it might be funny to take it one step farther.
Well, I met ChicagoSam before I joined LPSG; and the weekend tryst lived up to everything he has ever written.:biggrin1:
I damn near fell out of my chair laughing when he actually did that post. No one ever asked me about it, but NY got a flood of the most interesting Private Messages inquiring whether it was true and . . . well, you can guess the rest. Don't worry, he has never shown them to me, but I have been told that they were smokin' hot! We have decided to come clean about this even though, you will have to admit, it is pretty funny. We're sorry . . . kind of. So, no, I have never met NY before last night, and, no, there was never a hot tryst.

I wish I could tell you about all his great life experiences, which are absolutely fascinating, but I would be revealing to much about him. Nor can I tell you too much about me for the same reason. I can tell you it was an animated and energetic conversation going on between two adult men with ADD—another bizarre similarity. Sometimes we were going so fast that we would have to pause because we would forget where we were in the stories that we were telling each other. It was great to see NY light up like a Christmas tree when telling me about some of the new great things that are happening in his life. I was absolutely delighted for him, and I was the first to know!

While we are still getting to know each other, I will say that a great friendship is being forged. NY never thought it was possible to make a good friend online. You hear so many horror stories about questionable people in the cyber world. He says that I am the rare exception. Nice, huh? And to be very honest, I knew the first time we talked that I could trust him and that we would eventually become friends. In many ways, not meeting each other first, but writing before meeting really allowed us to get to know each other without all the appearance issues that are usually associated with physical meetings. We already had a bond.

Now we've met. I never thought that would happen, I never thought that he would be the first one I would meet, but I am certainly glad it worked out that way. He is a great addition to my life. It was his idea that I should write about our first meeting to share with everyone. I hope everyone who meets someone from LPSG can have as positive and wonderful an experience as I have had with NY.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.:biggrin1:

Sam

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Awesome! Congratulations to the both of you. Seems you have found a great friend in each other. I haven't had much contact with Nude Yorker but I have had many PM's and interactions in various threads with ChicagoSam and I think he is one heck of a guy! Sam, I am very happy for you. :smile:
This gives hope to many others who may be thinking about meeting in person.
As we say here in nyc, I'm kvelling! Oh, that's a good thing. :cool:

STYLYUNG

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Sam, I am so happy that you and NY had that great evening together. I hope that you can meet him in New York in the near future. It is wonderful that the two of you have so much in common. That makes for a strong friendship. :smile:

Male Bonding etc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I've communicated with both of you, and I am glad you two have met each other face to face.

I remain a little troubled by the facile dismissal of some untruths as "just having fun" on the site. In my mind that only contributes to the suspicion with which we have to view every claimed truth here.

That said, though, my overriding feeling is that it is totally cool that you finally actually met.

Media
To Naughty, Fratpack, Stylyung, Fortiesfun, Prepstudinsc, Male Bonding, and Uncut—Thanks for the nice comments. Would love to meet all of you someday, too.
Thanks Sam,
It was one of the nicest evenings I have spent in a long time! I wish everyone had a chance to meet such a nice guy!
Aw, you're so good to me. Likewise.
So, when do you throw momma from the train? :tongue:
Whenever you are available to join us, Pecker! Momma doesn't like biting the big one without a backup Pecker! You still have a standing invitation for Chicago Style Pizza with me when you come to Chicago.
I remain a little troubled by the facile dismissal of some untruths as "just having fun" on the site. In my mind that only contributes to the suspicion with which we have to view every claimed truth here.
More exact, one untruth, MB. Compared to the enormity of some maliciously intentional untruths that you and I are aware of here at LPSG, this one is quite harmless. I guess for some it might be the disappointment that it didn't happen. You also need to consider that it was me that was the focus of the hoax. Ain't nobody buyin' me as an object of lust!:biggrin1:

Belly_Dancer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
...And to be very honest, I knew the first time we talked that I could trust him and that we would eventually become friends. In many ways, not meeting each other first, but writing before meeting really allowed us to get to know each other without all the appearance issues that are usually associated with physical meetings. We already had a bond.

Sam,

This is awesome! :hug:

I'm so glad you guys met! I just spent another hot and intensely enjoyable week with Artfulwilly at my place, and although we didn't visit LPSG (had more pressing matters to attend to :wink: ) I'm definitely back and was thrilled to read this post.

I hope to see other wonderful connections made on this site. There is intelligent (and sexy) life here.

Media
Sam,This is awesome! :hug: I'm so glad you guys met!
We are, too! Fun evening!

I just spent another hot and intensely enjoyable week with Artfulwilly at my place, and although we didn't visit LPSG (had more pressing matters to attend to :wink: ) I'm definitely back and was thrilled to read this post.
I'm glad to hear that you and Artfullwilly are doing so well. I figured when we didn't hear from you a whole lot of something was going on. The door closed but that window opened big for the two of you! I am happy for both!

I hope to see other wonderful connections made on this site. There is intelligent (and sexy) life here.
I made a great connection last April 30th that still remains a very special connection my life. A lot of water under the bridge, some challenging times, but still there, and no regrets, and we wisely kept it from everyone. A challenge, but a keeper.

Au contraire.
Are they blind or do they have a bag over their head(s)?:biggrin1:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well folks...it's Chapter Two or Same Time Next Year... I was in Chicago last week and had the pleasure once again to have dinner with Chicagosam. We had another delightful dinner and conversation and I was treated to his quick wit and brilliance that have been sorly missed in these forums.
We had a great evening and several of the members names came up and we wish you all a Happy Holiday season.
:beerchug2: