ChicagoTribune Says Palin Beats Obama on Experience

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Trinity, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Trinity

Trinity New Member

Even in Chicago they know Gov. Sarah Palin is more qualified than Obama!

chicagotribune

Palin beats Obama on experience

September 8, 2008

As someone who cast a vote for Hillary Clinton in this year's Illinois primary, I have something to say about McCain's choice of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin to be his vice-presidential running mate.

Obama has been too quick, and too defensive in tone, to try and paint Gov. Palin as low on experience -- even while claiming that McCain now has no business questioning the credentials and experience of Obama.

With independent voters, Obama has two large risks in trying to push this point.

First, on the experience issue, Gov. Palin seems to have Sen. Obama beat. While she is young, three years junior of even Obama, she already has more years of public service than Obama. Further, she actually has executive experience - something Obama and Biden both lack. She also has accomplishments in the areas of ethics, energy and tax policy reform, and even running a private business. She governs the largest land-mass of any U.S. State, and more public land than any other state, and has experience commanding the Armed Forces of Alaska and dealing with foreign borders with Russia and Canada - again both Obama and Biden lack experience in all these areas. Last year alone she implemented a $40 billion natural gas project to bring needed alternative energy sources to the United States. Something that Obama and Biden could only dream of.

The net of all this is that if Obama thinks he is now clear of examination on his lack of experience - he is in for a rude awakening. Palin, as young a woman as she is, only makes Obama's lack of experience and lack of concrete accomplishments even more glaring. Instead of taking away this argument from McCain, it strengthens McCain's argument against Obama.

Second, Obama, by discounting the accomplishments of Palin, risks turning himself into yet another man dismissive of women. Obama's treatment of Hillary Clinton during the past year's primary campaign was sexist and dismissive of women. He already has demonstrated his lack of concern for women. The Democrats, and Obama, risk that the legacy they earn this year is one of disrespect of talented, motivated women.

Finally, Gov Palin's family focused goals, her life respecting outlook, her independent spirit, her willingness to go after public corruption in her own party, her willingness to take on the powerful oil industry in Alaska, and her view that public service is to get things done - not play things safe, can only serve to get the attention of voters like me, who will vote for either party, if they convince me they are going to work for us regular people, and actually get something done. Gov. Palin so far seems like the real deal.

Obama's first real big decision, the 'safe' choice of Sen. Biden, really does not make me think Obama is the agent of change he says he is.

McCain-Palin just may be.

-- Steve Breitenbach
    Libertyville, Ill.

2. Notaguru2

Gold Member

3. Trinity

Trinity New Member

You are really ridiculous. Gov. Sarah Palin was a two term mayor and is a sitting Governor. She has more experience than Obama and more executive experience than anyone in the race.

Nothing McCain said disputes that...and it is really pathetic that you insinuate that McCain was talking in anyway about Sarah Palin's experience which he wasn't. She wasn't a mayor for a short period of time. All of Gov. Sarah Palin's experience outweighs Obama's and you the Obama campaign and Obama surrogate media are seriously reaching and coming up empty and demonstrating just how desperate you are with that. But keep it up...because you got nothing.:rofl:

4. Notaguru2

Gold Member

You missed the joke. Did you take your meds today? Let me break it down for you; McCain was talking about ROMNEY in the debate and was claiming that Romney's experience doesn't add up. Romney is has hella-more experience than Palin.

But.. in keeping with the experience theme... IT DOESNT MATTER. Experience isn't on the table as an issue. The DNC and McCain's choices prove that point.

#4 Notaguru2, Sep 13, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2008
  5. ledroit

ledroit New Member

Albums:
    Using the same logic, Chicago Sun-Times should say that the mayor of Early, IA (pop 326) has more experience than Obama, since he's been in office for 32 years. Yup. Smooty McFarland. Drunk as a skunk every Sat night in the local tap. Can't even spell. But he's got "experience."

The great thing about "experience" is that it requires no brains at all.

6. Notaguru2

Gold Member

It must be tough to be Trinity... spending all her waking hours trying to convince herself and other people (that don't listen to her) that somehow Hillary's loss in the primary equates to a mandate to vote for McCain. The only thing sexist about this election is the few indie women (and some leftists) that are going to vote for McCain because he took a woman as his running mate; a woman that has nothing ideologically in common with democratic women.

The good news is that Hillary made it possible for Palin to even be considered for the ticket. This unfortunately has not been acknowledged by Palin. I wonder how that makes Trinity feel to know that Palin hasn't even so much as saluted Hillary? Was Palin that qualified or did Hillary qualify Palin? I think we know the answer, and if Trinity would be honest with herself, she'd quickly see that she has been pawned.

7. arktrucker

Gold Member

Albums:
    Palin was interviewed by Charlie Gibson and short clips of it were shown on the news last night. She said NOTHING. He asked her about 'homosexuals' and you could see she was getting a little flustered. She said she had a family like the rest of the country and prefered not to go any further with the subject. She kept refering to her views on certain subjects that differed from McCain. The one thing she did say was she was sure that Mr. Obama was sorry for not picking Ms. Clinton as his running mate.

I still think something is going to happen between now and the election that will cause her to withdraw from the ticket.

8. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Seeing as you are not from Chicago and can't put your little story in it's proper context, I'll help you do just that.

The Chicago tribune is a CONSERVATIVE biased newspaper and has ALWAYS thrown it's support behind the Republican candidate. you can't even remember back four years when they supported Bush against Kerry?

The Chicago tribune has always been against Democrats and has always been one of the major organs of the Republican machine.

Care to quote any other Republican newspapers about Obama?

I wonder how many websites you post this shit on... is it more than 10? You are only here because of the active member numbers... and are absolutely NOT a member of this website in any other function than to post anti-Obama propaganda. You are a REPUBLICAN OPERATIVE and I am calling you out.
    I don't think that you should be allowed to come here and distribute propaganda freely at your will. There are many Obama supporters here and NONE of them use the site as a campaign tool... as far as I can tell, you are the only political operative on this site and you need to go away and start posting your McCain campaign talking points at their intended right wing blogs.

9. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Actually the "Pathetic" thing ,Trinity, is that during the primary you were a vocal supporter of Senator Clinton and ALL that she stood for. Now you are supporting a ticket that is the POLAR OPPOSITE of everything that Senator Clinton has worked her whole life for. Boggles the mind.

10. sargon20

Gold Member

Let's spin this 'story' as Chicago Tribune says but in reality is was a LETTER TO THE EDITOR. I could write a letter and say my DOG is more qualified than Palin which he is but that's another story. He can see Russia too if he lived in Alaska. I can't believe Trinity is now postingLETTERS TO THE EDITOR as Chicago Tribune SAYS. What a LIE!!! Indeed she is a part of the Blizzard of Lies.

#10 sargon20, Sep 13, 2008
  11. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    She is a Republican operative Industrialsize... does it make sense now?

12. Trinity

Trinity New Member

Let me break this down for you...the Clip doesn't have any bearing on this race. If you put Obama up against Sarah Palin...HE LOSES. Sarah Palin beats Obama on experience.

I know who he was talking about...Romney was a one term Governor. Giuliani was a two term Mayor. Palin still beats Obama on executive experience and she is the Vice Presidential Nominee. Stop trying on this because it just makes Obama look bad. :rolleyes:

13. Industrialsize

Albums:
    So Trinity, I see you've adopted the McCain/Palin strategy and have begun to post OUTRIGHT LIES! For example:

ChicagoTribune Says Palin Beats Obama on Experience
    Actually Trinity, the Chicago Tribune did NOT say Palin beats Obama on experience. It was one person writing a letter to the editor. Did you get your direction from Karl Rove? Did you think no one would follow the link and expose your headline as the LIE it is?

14. sargon20

Gold Member

You are ABSOLUTELY correct. She posts to NO OTHER FORUMs. A review of her posts shows NO OTHER INTERESTS except posting anti-Obama propaganda.

15. Trinity

Trinity New Member

That is not true. And it demonstrates exactly how desperate you are to censor someone you don't agree with. So sad for Obama fans. :rolleyes:

The ChicagoTribune editor chose to print the opinion in the opinion section. And yes I provided the link so I did know and fully expect people to review for themselves.

Even in Chicago people know Palin is more experienced than Obama.

16. Notaguru2

Gold Member

Makes Obama look bad to who? You? LOL You're the one making women look bad. You put "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" in a whole new light. Now, go take your lithium.

17. Notaguru2

Gold Member

No link to a big dick you wanna fuck? Please enlighten us. You lie worse than sarah palin.

18. midlifebear

Gold Member

Experience or intelligence? What the Hell has experience got to do with it when it's obvious the Republican choice for VP is a simple person with a limited vocabulary and falls short in the abstract thought category? To Hell with experience. The current Chief of State had loads of experience which hasn't served him to be of any value as a world leader.

Trinity is appealing to the cookies and milk crowd. If asked what she thinks about the Bush Doctrine Trinity would respond "In what way, Charlie? Do you mean in the oatmeal raisin or oatmeal with chocolate chip sense?" And your average 'Mericuhn will find comfort in her openness and upfront acknowledgment that either recipe is good as long as you don't leave either in the oven too long, thus proving she has enormous practical experience.

As for Sarah Palin, when McCain has dissolved away from his last fight with melanoma and Palin takes the reigns as leader of the free world bake off, she can run amok in the Middle East foisting pre-emptive strikes with sorties of snicker doodles, peanut butter criss-cross, and ice-box wedding cookies. The enemy will fall due to an immediate rise in diabetes among its population. And Barracuda Sarah will succor the fallen enemy with her Moose Stew post-war reconstruction policies.

But just don't ask her too much about other culture's world views. Her experience has never included that she study history, geography, comparative religions or learn to spell. Want proof? She doesn't dare second guess the Jewish collective conscious. Her bible tells her not to.

And that's the way 'Mericuhns like it . . . with the exception of the minority who happen to be college-educated, articulate, prone to diplomatic reasoning, and who can do long division without a calculator.

19. sargon20

Gold Member

It's STILL a LETTER TO THE EDITOR which as they always say 'does not represent the views of this newspaper'. You DO know the difference between a LETTER TO THE EDITOR and an EDITORIAL don't you?

And I'm not an Obama fan. I am a DEMOCRAT fan and I want them to win because of their beliefs and policies. I know I know that is a concept unknown to you, polices and beliefs in the role of government.

You let me know when you find that link. :)

#19 sargon20, Sep 13, 2008
  20. Industrialsize

Albums:
    NOPE...all that letter proves is you ave ONE kindred spirit in Chicago...

Draft saved Draft deleted