ChicagoTribune Says Palin Beats Obama on Experience

upstatebiguy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
1. I supported Hillary as well. But, I cannot believe that anyone who truly believed in what Hillary espoused would dream of supporting McCain/Palin over Obama/Biden. Have you actually read the Republican platform?

2. It is very misleading to state that "Even the Chicago Tribune supports Palin over Obama" or "Even in Chicago, people know Palin is more experienced than Obama". There was one letter to the editor stating this fact. One letter does not make a city's opinion. In fact the author of this letter to the editor hails from Libertyville, IL, a suburb that is much more Republican than Chicago. (If you want to view their voting results in the Senate Race, you'll see that in 2004, only 9 of 37 precincts in Libertyville supported Kerry over Bush. But all 37 supported Obama over Keyes--here's the link--http://www.co.lake.il.us/cntyclk/elections/electionresults/11022004/PRECLIST.HTM)

3. Finally...there are a ton of double standards, as always. See this video, where Karl Rove was criticizing Virginia Governor Tim Kaine for being unqualified to be a Vice President--http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-jrk2e0MMs

Tim Kaine is governor of a mid-population state for 3 years, and was mayor of a city of 200,000.

But--he thinks Sarah Palin, a governor for less time, of a smaller state, and mayor of a much smaller city is MORE qualified--http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9I_5F3qXYo&feature=related

I suppose Trinity's strategy is to vote for McCain--drive the country to four more years of the same BS, and hope to hell that Hillary runs again in 2012. Which, of course is her prerogative. But, admit your strategy and stop spewing this drivel.

D

deleted15807

1. I supported Hillary as well. But, I cannot believe that anyone who truly believed in what Hillary espoused would dream of supporting McCain/Palin over Obama/Biden. Have you actually read the Republican platform?

2. It is very misleading to state that "Even the Chicago Tribune supports Palin over Obama" or "Even in Chicago, people know Palin is more experienced than Obama". There was one letter to the editor stating this fact. One letter does not make a city's opinion. In fact the author of this letter to the editor hails from Libertyville, IL, a suburb that is much more Republican than Chicago. (If you want to view their voting results in the Senate Race, you'll see that in 2004, only 9 of 37 precincts in Libertyville supported Kerry over Bush. But all 37 supported Obama over Keyes--here's the link--http://www.co.lake.il.us/cntyclk/elections/electionresults/11022004/PRECLIST.HTM)

3. Finally...there are a ton of double standards, as always. See this video, where Karl Rove was criticizing Virginia Governor Tim Kaine for being unqualified to be a Vice President--http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-jrk2e0MMs

Tim Kaine is governor of a mid-population state for 3 years, and was mayor of a city of 200,000.

But--he thinks Sarah Palin, a governor for less time, of a smaller state, and mayor of a much smaller city is MORE qualified--http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9I_5F3qXYo&feature=related

I suppose Trinity's strategy is to vote for McCain--drive the country to four more years of the same BS, and hope to hell that Hillary runs again in 2012. Which, of course is her prerogative. But, admit your strategy and stop spewing this drivel.

Right Right on all points. The scary scary thing is will the country still be here? Between McCain bomb bomb bombing Iran and Palin's holy war's I wonder who will put the brakes on?

Not sure what Trinity's real goal is but certainly it is to get McCain elected in 2008. Beyond that is pure fantasy.

As for Sarah Palin, when McCain has dissolved away from his last fight with melanoma and Palin takes the reigns as leader of the free world bake off, she can run amok in the Middle East foisting pre-emptive strikes with sorties of snicker doodles, peanut butter criss-cross, and ice-box wedding cookies. The enemy will fall due to an immediate rise in diabetes among its population. And Barracuda Sarah will succor the fallen enemy with her Moose Stew post-war reconstruction policies.

She's a dangerous woman to be sitting a 'heartbeat' away from the presidency. An ideologue and theocrat extraordinaire.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

deleted213967

As it happens, the platform the GOP adopted in 2008 differed from McCain's views on several key matters. Needless to say, the final version was more conservative than McCain's own world view.

Once the conventions are over, both candidates have to appeal to as broad an audience as possible and therefore must depart (to a degree) from their primaries platform.

As for former HRC supporters leaning towards McCain?

Why all the hoopla?

Most Americans don't share that ultra-simplistic Good-Democratic vs. Evil-Republican world view so prevalent here.

An interesting WSJ ideological graph showed that most voters lay to the left of McCain and to the right of HRC (with Obama even far more to their left).

D

deleted15807

Most Americans don't share that ultra-simplistic Good-Democratic vs. Evil-Republican world view so prevalent here.

That may all be all well and good but in the end you have to enter the voting both and pull a lever/push a button for democrat or republican. There is no moderate despite stated platforms.

Bush campaigned as a 'pup tent Republican'. But that turned out to be the first thing jettisoned after inauguration with a hard turn to the Right. And with Tom 'The Hammer' Delay in charge he made sure every Republican voted with the party.

I don't think the Democrats put up a good enough fight at all in their beliefs. I think they along with all of Congress put re-election before country every time. If Hillary had voted no on 'Iraq' I have no doubt she would be at the top of the ticket and not Obama.

D

deleted213967

That may all be all well and good but in the end you have to enter the voting both and pull a lever/push a button for democrat or republican. There is no moderate despite stated platforms.

Bush campaigned as a 'pup tent Republican'. But that turned out to be the first thing jettisoned after inauguration with a hard turn to the Right. And with Tom 'The Hammer' Delay in charge he made sure every Republican voted with the party.

I don't think the Democrats put up a good enough fight at all in their beliefs. I think they along with all of Congress put re-election before country every time. If Hillary had voted no on 'Iraq' I have no doubt she would be at the top of the ticket and not Obama.

As it happens, we vote by mail here...and no matter who wins...my state will be as blue as ever.

One thing I do like about conservatives is that they believe in state rights.

That way, Alabama can have its deep-fried 10-commandments recipes and we can have our shade-grown, fair-trade coffee and Evolution books...

Hehe!

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
As someone who cast a vote for Hillary Clinton in this year's Illinois primary, I have something to say about McCain's choice of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin to be his vice-presidential running mate.

This is bullshit- Palin is the ideological Opposite of Hillary-

If you preferred Hillary to Obama, then voting for Palin would be like saying you preferred Toyotas Prius to Hondas' Insight... and since you can't have Toyota's Prius, you're gonna by the Lexus SUV...

Here is why she is less qualified.

The office of President has nothing to do with being Governor of anything... Bush was a governor longer than Palin and look what a gem he's been.
So was Carter...

It has nothing to do with being in the Senate... Bill Clinton was never in the Senate- he did okay- Reagan was never in the Sensate- he did pretty well.

Being president has to do with your ability to recognize and hire and manage the expertise of others.

Its an Organizational skill.

Obama has run, despite bitter and well funded opposition of far more experienced politicians, a brilliant campaign and remianed astonishingly cool under fire.

He clearly knows how to organize and run a campaign. Who to hire and how to manage the efforts of those he hires.

Palin has not come to her position thru campaigning... she was selected as the most salable product by the people who are running McCain's campaign.

Aside from winning a popular vote in Nowheresville, Alaska... she shows not one Iota of competency to recognize and hire and manage excellence.

She has spent 2 years as governor- during which time she flip-flopped on a bridge boondoggle... and then after reversing her stance on the bridge- refused to give back the money... And she is already, only 2 years in, under investigation by her own State for abuses of power.

She has ZERO history of any form of accomplishment as governor...

I would feel better if she at least had a term or two under her belt by which to measure her effectiveness.

What we do know is that she was picked for jaded, public relations purposes... because she had a Cute "story" and photographed well... and for a lot of Americans... that is as deep as they go... ( which is what got us Bush...)

And we know she holds extremist Christian views and would be unwilling to uphold and defend the constitution of the United States, because she believes separation of church and state doesn't count.

Seriously... ANY person, of ANY gender claiming publicly that they believe in creationism is simply far too staggeringly STUPID to hold the highest office in the most technologically dependent nation on earth.

FOr 8 years, nations like South Korea, have been making HUGE inroads into technologies in which the US was the world leader.

But 8 years of Bush's politicization and christianification of science has resulted in the US falling behind on everything from biotechnology to high energy physics.

The woman's politics are as extreme as the taliban's... A Christian flavor of religious fascism.

Enough already with the Christo-fascists.

Keep God in your heart and in your church, but keep him the fuck OUT of law and government.

A vote for Palin is a vote for 14th century solutions to 21st century problems.

D

deleted213967

This is bullshit- Palin is the ideological Opposite of Hillary-

If you preferred Hillary to Obama, then voting for Palin would be like saying you preferred Toyotas Prius to Hondas' Insight... and since you can't have Toyota's Prius, you're gonna by the Lexus SUV...

They are Ultra-Low Emissions you know...

Obama has run, despite bitter and well funded opposition of far more experienced politicians, a brilliant campaign and remianed astonishingly cool under fire.

He clearly knows how to organize and run a campaign. Who to hire and how to manage the efforts of those he hires.

Obama doesn't run his campaign. He is the campaign. He doesn't have time to run his campaign. Neither do other candidates.

Palin has not come to her position thru campaigning... she was selected as the most salable product by the people who are running McCain's campaign.

Welcome to Marketing 101. The GOP belatedly learned...and from the masters on the other side.

Seriously... ANY person, of ANY gender claiming publicly that they believe in creationism is simply far too staggeringly STUPID to hold the highest office in the most technologically dependent nation on earth.

Again, you seem to forget that many registered Democrats fall in that sorry category...and that your own apparent savior wore his religion on his sleeves as well (as did HRC).

All in all, McCain has been less keen about sharing his church-going experience than the other candidates.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media

The Office of President is an Executive position. Gov. Sarah Palin has the most executive experience in this race. And once again I must remind an Obama fan that running for the office of President of the United States does not qualify one for the position. Just because you apply for the job, go through several interviews with a search committee that doesn't mean you are qualified for the job. It doesn't matter if you sent your resume in on time and wrote thank you letters to impress people. If you don't have the experience and proven record then you don't meet the basic requirements for the job and more than likely won't stack up to more qualified candidates to get the job.:rolleyes:

Obama is not qualified for President. Gov. Sarah Palin is qualified for Vice President.