Chick-Fil-A

007baby

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
LOL I LOVE that place! I've been on a chick-fil-a crave for like three weeks, since school started... I've been eating there like three times a week, lol. Their classic chicken sandwich is TOO good, and their waffle fries OMG, are you serious. TOO good, and warm and mmmmm! Man. Good stuff, too bad they're closed on Sundays for church, guess I have to wait til monday to eat there again:smile::cool:

D

deleted116951

Chik-fil-a was handing out free chicken sandwiches on Georgia's campus this morning. I got like 3 of them.

Sadly they were the only thing good that happened today as that Georgia lost to Alabama.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I ate there earlier this week and am ready to go again. I usually spend about $7 per visit, more than I spend at any other fast food place.

D

deleted3782

And while we were chatting about them...

Chick-Fil-A Donated Nearly $2 Million To Anti-Gay Groups In 2009

November 01, 2011 8:19 am ET
Earlier this year, Chick-fil-A became embroiled in a controversy surrounding its donations to anti-gay groups. Though Chick-fil-A president Dan Cathy denied having an “agenda against anyone,” an Equality Matters investigation discovered that Chick-fil-A donated more than $1 million to anti-gay causes between 2003 and 2008. Now, new IRS 990 forms reveal that the company donated nearly two million dollars to anti-gay groups in 2009 alone, the most recent year for which public records are available.

Read more here.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Yeah: this whole thread must have happened while I was taking an LPSG break. Their anti-gay bias is really well known, and it goes far beyond loving the sinner/hating the sin.

My money will never support them, and frankly neither should anyone's if they have a problem with bigotry.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Yeah: this whole thread must have happened while I was taking an LPSG break. Their anti-gay bias is really well known, and it goes far beyond loving the sinner/hating the sin.

My money will never support them, and frankly neither should anyone's if they have a problem with bigotry.

The Den of Debauchery's Subannex - Why i don't eat at Chik-Fil-A Why I don't eat at Chick-Fil-A, by Angelia Sparrow, one of our DarkRoastPress authors.
Chik-Fil-A is a fairly popular restaurant in my neck of the woods, and many of my friends look at me askance when I tell them I don't eat there. The food is good. The prices are reasonable. And sweet potato waffle fries!

Why don't I eat there?

In 2009, Chik-Fil-A donated $1.7 million to anti-gay organizations, including Focus on the Family, the Alliance Defense Fund, Exodus International and The Eagle Forum.

This is double what they donated to these causes in the years 2003-2008, combined.

Yes, it's their money. Yes, they can do with it as they see fit.

Me, I adhere to the adage "Do not give the enemy bullets. They will shoot you."
Giving money to a group that is anti-gay and anti-woman is giving the enemy bullets.

Source, Chick-Fil-A Donated Nearly $2 Million To Anti-Gay Groups In 2009 | Equality Matters

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
And while we were chatting about them...

Read more here.

Right on brother. I have read so much about the dude that owns it that I can't eat there. I know that is not important to everyone but I have to do my part. Carls is also a bad company.

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
You mean!?....you go down South and eat at some chain fast food chicken joint?!!! With all the damn BBQ you could eat?!! I am aghast!!
You have a point. But even if CFA didn't serve greasy blobs of pffffffft I still wouldn't patronize them due to their having donated large sums of money lobbying for laws that specifically prohibit gay marriage.

As far as barbecue goes, mine is legendary and there's only one place you can get it. Y'all come!

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
Now THAT is an LPSG get-together I'd salivate for!
Special dry rub/pecan smoke/cider vinegar - based mop/homemade sauce... I think I'm going to fire up the smoker tomorrow. Yum.

Actually, I'll probably give food for Christmas this year. You got me thinking.

Oh, and

FUCK CHICK-FIL-A

and

VOTE AGAINST NORTH CAROLINA AMENDMENT 1 ON MAY 8, 2012!!!

(Just to keep it on-topic.)

Intrigue

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I did love their food until I found out they support anti gay rhetoric. Now if anyone asks me if I want to eat there I ask if they give you a free rock with the meal. The rock meant to throw at gay people. Because by eating that food I dont see much difference. Its sad how this is allowed to go on.