Chick flicks

Let's redefine 'chick flicks'. I hate cheesy romantic comedies and would only watch one if I was stuck in a chair and couldn't physically move to avoid it, and then I would probably be sick on myself.

Please post about inspiring, empowering, life affirming or just interesting womany films and things you have watched because I need to make sure I have seen them all.

Holly Doors

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I'm actually a bit of a sci fi and fantasy freak when it comes to movies, I like things like Alien, Marvel stuff, Star Wars, Avitar. I also like horror, stuff like The Ring, Anabelle, The Boy, Jeepers Creepers, that sorta thing but not Zombie films, I don't get those.

Reactions: g0nz0

insert_8

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
. . . I like things like Alien . . .
I haven't seen the others on your list, but I'd say that Sigourney Weaver in "Alien" met swoon's requirement for ". . . inspiring, empowering, life affirming or just interesting womany films . . ."

How about Lillian Gish in "Night of the Hunter"?

sizehungry

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
If you like Vampire movies , " We are the Night " was quite entertaining . Plenty of women " kicking ass " . Loved the character called Norah ( Anna Fischer ), innocently hot . Saw a western titled " Jane's got a Gun ." , with Natalie Portman , she definitely " gets it on " . Both these films are worth a look , in my view .

Holly Doors

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I haven't seen the others on your list, but I'd say that Sigourney Weaver in "Alien" met swoon's requirement for ". . . inspiring, empowering, life affirming or just interesting womany films . . ."

How about Lillian Gish in "Night of the Hunter"?
Haven't seen that one hunni, I'll look it up sometime :)

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Husband and I had the discussion once that Terminator 2 was a "tough-chick" flick. I kind of agreed, but it's not something I'd watch by myself.

Reactions: LaFemme

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Husband and I had the discussion once that Terminator 2 was a "tough-chick" flick. I kind of agreed, but it's not something I'd watch by myself.

Sarah Conner is also bad-the-fuck-ass.

Tis a lonely evening at home classic for me. ;)

Reactions: LaFemme and EllieP

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I watch a lot of horror and crime...so my vote for a great, empowered non-traditional chick flick would be The Silence of the Lambs. Hello, Clarice.

Reactions: LaFemme