Chick flicks

Anything with Sigourney Weaver in it. She is beyond beautiful imo and uses The Voice. 1E9EE6D1-F35B-4DE7-84BB-CE0335023178.jpeg
5483920E-897A-4A31-A69A-2E193E9A16DD.jpeg

Reactions: EllieP

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Anything with Sigourney Weaver in it. She is beyond beautiful imo and uses The Voice. View attachment 1047110 View attachment 1047111

I met her once in a tack shop in South Texas. One of her legs is as tall as me! She was all legs, and my heart skipped a beat! She's gorgeous!

I think that's the first time I walked away saying "I'm a girl, I'm a girl, I'm a girl." Mostly to convince myself that I was still a female in her presence and to tamp down any desires that may have been ignited.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I met her once in a tack shop in South Texas. One of her legs is as tall as me! She was all legs, and my heart skipped a beat! She's gorgeous!

I think that's the first time I walked away saying "I'm a girl, I'm a girl, I'm a girl." Mostly to convince myself that I was still a female in her presence and to tamp down any desires that may have been ignited.

The following is light hearted:
You know women do women, right? And that doesn’t make us less “girly” by that alone.

Now, wandering away muttering, I’m straight, I’m straight, I’m straight....

Reactions: 950483 and EllieP

thirteenbyseven

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A chick flick is something many of us men abhor and will watch under protest only because our wives or girlfriends insist.

I still haven't gotten over Titanic. When it first came out I was in my twenties and dating a blonde hottie who told me her friends all said it was a great movie. Uh-huh. Such was my naivete going into the theater I thought it would be a nautical action movie filled with scenes of heroic crewmen attempting to secure watertight doors in a vain attempt to keep the thing afloat and rescue ships racing through iceberg-filled waters. Instead it was a horrid female fantasy movie. Half way through I found myself hoping Leonardo DiCaprio would slip on a banana peel or the movie projector in the theater would suddenly break down. Shear torture.

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A chick flick is something many of us men abhor and will watch under protest only because our wives or girlfriends insist.

I still haven't gotten over Titanic. When it first came out I was in my twenties and dating a blonde hottie who told me her friends all said it was a great movie. Uh-huh. Such was my naivete going into the theater I thought it would be a nautical action movie filled with scenes of heroic crewmen attempting to secure watertight doors in a vain attempt to keep the thing afloat and rescue ships racing through iceberg-filled waters. Instead it was a horrid female fantasy movie. Half way through I found myself hoping Leonardo DiCaprio would slip on a banana peel or the movie projector in the theater would suddenly break down. Shear torture.

I thought Titanic was a fantastic film and could talk about it at more length, but this is all pretty off topic from Swoon's original post.

She asked for films that women find inspiring, empowering, etc, and you chimed in to talk about how Titanic was boring for you as a man. Thanks as always for your well considered inputs to the conversations in this forum.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Aeon Flux and Atomic Blonde since I got Charlize on the brain. Not only are the characters bad-ass but Ms. Theron does most of her own stunts and all of her fight sequences. That is like double down on chica o' awesomeness.

Reactions: g0nz0

Doranq

Legendary Member
Media
Here's some quality chick flicks.

tumblr_mh7kp8FcUH1qfi9cwo1_r1_500.gif

tenor.gif

80674adfb7863222d171321310043d4c43d59aa4_hq.gif

tenor.gif

Reactions: MickeyLee

Doranq

Legendary Member
Media
Oh almost forgot this classic, puts a slight twist on the flicks that you've come to know thus far. Bit more female empowering if I do say so myself.

pCA2gfr.gif

thirteenbyseven

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ah, but was it though?, and if so, then why was Leonardo DiCaprio in it ?

As you've always suspected! A self-centered man constantly referring to "me, myself and I." :rolleyes: I shall now drag my knuckles over to the tele and watch stereotypical male sports programming.

I did neglect to mention while Leonardo DiCaprio was drowning at the conclusion of the movie, Celine Dion sings one of the greatest romantic movie compositions ever written. Here is Celine Dion with a retrained, yet beautiful interpretation void of the glissandos and vocal vibratos of her 1997 recorded version:

As you've always suspected! A self-centered man constantly referring to "me, myself and I." :rolleyes: I shall now drag my knuckles over to the tele and watch stereotypical male sports programming.

I did neglect to mention while Leonardo DiCaprio was drowning at the conclusion of the movie, Celine Dion sings one of the greatest romantic movie compositions ever written. Here is Celine Dion with a retrained, yet beautiful interpretation void of the glissandos and vocal vibratos of her 1997 recorded version:
I will not be listening to Celine Dion for you or for anyone else.

englad

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It is not exactly life affirming, nor empowering, nor uplifting, but it certainly is an interesting film focussing around four extremely interesting, well written female characters, set in Hamburg and Istanbul:

It is also about how they're different lives intertwine. One Turkish mother/daughter duo, the mother is working as a prostitute in Hamburg's red light district who ends up in a relationship with an alcoholic, the daughter is a left wing political dissident on the run from the Turkish authorities. Then there is the German mother/daughter ( duo, the mother being a professional, conservative and fairly austere character initially. The daughter is rebellious and doesn't get on with her mother that well, she also gets in a relationship with the Turkish daughter in the other duo.

The original title in German, is "Auf der anderen Seite" (On the other side).

Another one worth looking at, is Pedro Almodovar's classic, Todo sobre mi madre, All about my mother:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_About_My_Mother

Death Proof kicked all types of ass.

Easily, Tarantino's most underrated production.

Reactions: 950483

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Mad Max Fury Road. One of my all time favourite movies. Basically anything with Charlize :)

She's my biggest girl crush. Did you see her in Atomic Blonde?

She could use me as a science experiment any Time she wants.

Reactions: g0nz0