Chicken prep

qazza

Experimental Member
Media
For the past month I've been eating nothing but chicken breast and broccoli for dinner. While I enjoy both, its getting to monotonous stage and i find myself looking at alternate (unhealthier) options. So I'm looking for ways I can cook my chicken (spices, marinades ect) that wont send my macros through the roof. How do you prep your chicken?? Ty

Reactions: BillM

FootballBro25

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
For the past month I've been eating nothing but chicken breast and broccoli for dinner. While I enjoy both, its getting to monotonous stage and i find myself looking at alternate (unhealthier) options. So I'm looking for ways I can cook my chicken (spices, marinades ect) that wont send my macros through the roof. How do you prep your chicken?? Ty

For the past month I've been THINKING about the great shape I'd be in if I ate nothing but chicken and broccoli for dinner, but then I think about pizza. Seriously though, eating lean does get old. I'm interested in the replies...

Reactions: BillM and qazza

Jeff Powers

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I agree about mixing it up a bit with a different protein source. I just lost 34 lbs. on a diet basic meats and vegetables. each meal, pair up a meat (whatever it is) with a couple of vegetables.....Green vegetables!! and cut out sugar if at all possible. Lift hard n' heavy and do some cardio intervals.

Reactions: BillM

BillM

LPSG Legend
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Beverly Hills (California, United States)
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

Snarky_succubus

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
We have just about every spice blend known to man in our cupboards. Alternating between baked/grilled/pan fried and switching up the veggies in addition to all the different seasonings helps but eventually you're gonna get sick of it all. Is fish an option? Also, fajitas and low carb tortillas saved me for a long time. Trader Joe's makes great whole wheat/low carb tortillas that are only 45 calories a piece. 2 of them filled with chicken fajitas was a staple for me while losing the bulk of my weight.

JackDoff

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
in a slow cooker put 1kg of chicken breasts a jar of passata or blended tin toms add what spices you like and leave for a few hours - I don't eat it with anything else but could have couscous if your macros allow them

Chicken tikka and salad perhaps too

nailz

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
why only chicken breast/broccoli? It doesn't matter what you are eating, if you eat the same thing every day for a month you'll get sick of it.

You could put together lots of meals with similar macros as chicken breast/broccoli.

Mrs.Fireanimal

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I agree with nailz...Why not do something different with similar macros? I can't imagine eating the same thing every day.
Or save some of ur fats through out the day and have a a fattier meat a couple times a week to relieve some boredom.

If ur set on having chicken, maybe play around with ground chicken or turkey?! Make Burgers, meatballs, meat sauce, meat loaf....
But I would change it up b4 u get too bored and can the whole thing!

Reactions: nailz

Jujurice

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
If your set on only chicken & broccoli look into flavour god seasoning, he has a good set of option but pricey. Additionally the fajitas are something to consider because it makes room for variety. I meal plan as well and I have had to open up the protein mix as my wife is fed up with the endless chicken breast. Cod is a great option too as it's leaner and just a protein rich. Slow cooking is an option too BUT the sauce and marinades are usually super rich in sodium so you may need to formulate your own sauces.

not_brand_x

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
in a slow cooker put 1kg of chicken breasts a jar of passata or blended tin toms add what spices you like and leave for a few hours - I don't eat it with anything else but could have couscous if your macros allow them

Wife and I do something similar to mix up chicken dishes. I could be happy with chicken and greens but she needs the variety - so its not all chicken. But I try to come up with recipes that will keep our once or twice a week chicken meals different.

A couple of our regular favorite chicken dishes:
  • Crockpot Pulled Chicken - a few chicken breasts and 2 jars of salsa on low for 8 hours, makes lunch for most of the week
  • Baked Stuffed Chicken - no breading, pick from a bunch of vegetables to stuff, usually end up with spinach but have done great combo of sauteed butternut squash, kale, cranberries and walnuts a few times, sometimes we'll do a goat cheese and spinach stuffing

Jujurice

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Wife and I do something similar to mix up chicken dishes. I could be happy with chicken and greens but she needs the variety - so its not all chicken. But I try to come up with recipes that will keep our once or twice a week chicken meals different.

A couple of our regular favorite chicken dishes:
  • Crockpot Pulled Chicken - a few chicken breasts and 2 jars of salsa on low for 8 hours, makes lunch for most of the week
  • Baked Stuffed Chicken - no breading, pick from a bunch of vegetables to stuff, usually end up with spinach but have done great combo of sauteed butternut squash, kale, cranberries and walnuts a few times, sometimes we'll do a goat cheese and spinach stuffing

Sounds yummy

surfnwoody

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Several months ago, Cousin mentioned that Walmart has Chunk Chicken Breast in cans. The Great Value brand, never knew about it. Not into cooking, it's helped me eat better, it's good. I like chicken, turkey, fish, salads, it's really easy for me to eat right if I know what's available, and I use my head.